as predicted months ago, CELTS in fact going hard at DWIGHT the HOWARD!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

Re: as predicted months ago, CELTS in fact going hard at DWIGHT the HOWARD!

Last thing DH wants is a high pressure media market characterized by cold weather and high taxes -- especially when said team is less well-positioned in terms of personnel and coaching to get him a ring than the other leading contenders.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Dwight Howard Rejected Interest In Joining Celtics Jul 01, 2013 3:41 PM EDT

Danny Ainge made a courtesy call to Dwight Howard's representatives to gauge whether the Los Angeles Lakers free agent was interested in joining the Boston Celtics in a sign and trade.

Howard rejected the offer.

The Lakers and Celtics have a storied NBA rivalry.

Howard is expected to consider only the Lakers, Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Hawks and Dallas Mavericks in unrestricted free agency.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

give it up. DH doesn't want to go to boston.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

Thank goodness, you're right.  i doubt he has more than three good and two decent years left. and by good I mean good, not great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

NOR DO WE WANT ANOTHER HEAD CASE. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

may not get it, but they are in the game. ainge formally made the fone call to express interest yesterday. obviously we are not DH's first choice at thios time but sources confirm we are in the mix a s a fallback or leverage. well played by aingy. if DH comes, stanV walks thru those doors with him (he and DH have talked a lot lately and made up). thats y we haent traded rr or jg yet....

if no dice on DH, then u go to the next phase in reloading and seriously consider moing BOTH rr and jg if u get 2 firsts for EACH or AB for a one! just sayin.. its a hail mary but we'll see...

We are not only not his first choice but I would seriously doubt we would be in his top 10 choices.... and just what sources confirm that the celtics are "in the mix"?? would that be your other identity?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

As confirmed months ago ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

may not get it, but they are in the game. ainge formally made the fone call to express interest yesterday. obviously we are not DH's first choice at thios time but sources confirm we are in the mix a s a fallback or leverage. well played by aingy. if DH comes, stanV walks thru those doors with him (he and DH have talked a lot lately and made up). thats y we haent traded rr or jg yet....

if no dice on DH, then u go to the next phase in reloading and seriously consider moing BOTH rr and jg if u get 2 firsts for EACH or AB for a one! just sayin.. its a hail mary but we'll see...

We are not only not his first choice but I would seriously doubt we would be in his top 10 choices.... and just what sources confirm that the celtics are "in the mix"?? would that be your other identity?

Ironically 'our' only sliver of a chance getting Dwight probably left when Doc went on his way. Playing w/ Rondo & being coached by Doc must have been a consideration @ some point. Oh well...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Good, then let him go play for New Jersey.  It would be a mistake to trade him straight up for Lopez.  I bet docs smarter than that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This whole notion is insane.  There is 0 chance he is coming here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

As confirmed months ago ...

hahhaahhaahahaha

That's CC for you.... wrong as always and a complete tool to bring Howard up again... as everyone here can and has predicted that mental midget with ZERO sources is up a creek again

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

PIPE DREAM

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

NOR DO WE WANT ANOTHER HEAD CASE. 

Amen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to ws04ed's comment:

PIPE DREAM

More like bad trip.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Howard will never come here - thank god, he hasn't ever won anything anywhere. 

"well played by aingy"

More like well played by Howard amping up the interest level. Ainge has to inquire I suppose so yeah, congrats Danny for making a phone call that won't amount to anything. 

Shall we nominate it for useless phone call of the year award?

Not one of your smarter predictions dude. I'm not sure why you want to see Dwight bricking free throws the next five years but it's never gonna happen. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"DA should have been more aggressive earlier."

Why? Howard hasn't won anything. Howard doesn't help you beat Lebron. 

Thankfully Ainge didn't waste time with this foolishness. Howard is now an injury prone big, he's not a franchise player. The team that overpays him next is going to regret it. 

You seem to overrate bigs. Remember when you promised Shaq would win us a ring?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Howard will never come here - thank god, he hasn't ever won anything anywhere. 

"well played by aingy"

More like well played by Howard amping up the interest level. Ainge has to inquire I suppose so yeah, congrats Danny for making a phone call that won't amount to anything. 

Shall we nominate it for useless phone call of the year award?

Not one of your smarter predictions dude. I'm not sure why you want to see Dwight bricking free throws the next five years but it's never gonna happen. 

=====================================

I totally agree with you !!!  

LeBron needed to leave Cleveland to get a ring & PP needed KG & Ray Allen to get a ring. Howard could not get a ring with Orlando only with good but not allstar players like Gilbert Arenas and Hedo Turkoglu. He thought Kobe, Gasol & Nash would do it (Kobe too egocentric & Gasol & Nash injured & too old).  I mean Durant would like a ring and they get rid of Harden and last year with Westbrook out, no chance.

So, why would Howard come to Boston without a few superstars if he truly wants a ring. He needs to go to the Clippers to play with Paul & Griffin or maybe the Rockets or Mavericks with some good players to 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

My guess is that Dwight Howard will go to Houston.  

So Lakerland, you guys can remove all those billboards for Howard.  LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Bro, I hope you don't shiot you panties, because Howard going to resign with Lakers.  I'm hoping this is a good thing.  Kupchak has been putting together championship teams for 13 years now and have all the confidence in the world he will do it again!  Howard wasn't even close to 100% last year and hopefully Lakers surround him this year with some spot up shooters to open up inside game. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

We are using the "play hard to get" strategy.  We don't talk to him, we don't put together any package for him, we don't send a contingent of big brasses to make a pitch to him, we don't have good players for him to play with, but deep down we all know he wants to be here.  The question is do we want him when he gives in and finally gets around to begging to come here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Bro, I hope you don't shiot you panties, because Howard going to resign with Lakers.  I'm hoping this is a good thing.  Kupchak has been putting together championship teams for 13 years now and have all the confidence in the world he will do it again!  Howard wasn't even close to 100% last year and hopefully Lakers surround him this year with some spot up shooters to open up inside game. 

Hello fbombfury   Laughing

I give Kupchak props for what he has done for the Lakers organization.  Getting both Howard and Nash without giving up Gasol was very impressive.  

I know that the Lakers can offer the max five-year deal and Houston can only offer four. But it did not seem that Howard was happy being Kobe's b*tch and adjusting to D'Antoni's system.  

Harden and Howard would be a great one-two combo like Lebron-Wade and Durant-Westbrook.  

Houston has youth and the Lakers are getting old.  

The Lakers have a rich and successful tradition but I wonder if Howard wants that.  

I may be wrong.  I guess we will find out.  

Sections
Shortcuts