AS SOME PREDICTED: WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH THE 2008 RING ONE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

AS SOME PREDICTED: WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH THE 2008 RING ONE!

not throwing in the towel on this season and not giving in to heat or bulls. the depth, length and athleticism and the way we approach defense makes us competitive against anyone. from moore to pavlovic to bradley, everyone contributes. freakin wilcox goes 5 to 5 and is a factor in another game today. the big 3 is actually getting BETTER! kg is takin and hittin more 3s, ray is driving more and shoting off the dribble much more accurately than ever. pp is making great decisions without the usual turnovers. btw, we arent getting crushed on the boards anymore. we can send pietrus, paul, pav, ray, moore and avery to neutralize bron and wade. rondo, dooling and avery will make life hell for d-rose in a short series! watch the lakes get beatdown next week as the first shot fired to the nation on our potential!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH 2007

In Response to WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH 2007:
    [QUOTE]not throwing in the towel on this season and not giving in to heat or bulls. the depth, length and athleticism and the way we approach defense makes us competitive against anyone. from moore to pavlovic to bradley, everyone contributes. freakin wilcox goes 5 to 5 and is a factor in another game today. the big 3 is actually getting BETTER! kg is takin and hittin more 3s, ray is driving more and shoting off the dribble much more accurately than ever. pp is making great decisions without the usual turnovers. btw, we arent getting crushed on the boards anymore. we can send pietrus, paul, pav, ray, moore and avery to neutralize bron and wade. rondo, dooling and avery will make life hell for d-rose in a short series! watch the lakes get beatdown next week as the first shot fired to the nation on our potential!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Of all the people, I really like Pietrus' addition.  He has that competitive attitude.  That rubs off on others as well.  I always liked JJJ, despite his lack of bulk.  As Jeff VanGundy had said, Doc has the ability to get his players believing.  And is the biggest hurdle to overcome.

We just need to pray that JO stays healthy and the Kaman gets bought out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Celtics are definitely playing better.  I still will remain optimistic, but still we should wait until about 1/2 of the season is over to better evaluate our standing at that time.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good post! I would like to see some youth injected in to the starting line-up, which in turn would inject maturity into the second unit.

Starting unit: Rondo, Moore, Pierce, Garnett, Johnson

Second unit: Bradley, Allen, Pietrus, O'neal (or Wilcox), Bass

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Celtics looking deep now because of the play of Bass, Wilcox, Pietrus, Bradley, Johnson, Moore.  If we can land a quality big and stay healthy, I say we're in the mix.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Agree fully with previous posts! The only team I don't feel good about the current C's team matching up with is the Heat. They need to upgrade at the wing or in the post to beat them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Commie, I largely agree, the Celts are showing real potential with the young guys going on. I'm concerned about the lack of beef in the middle but then again, it's not like the Heat or Bulls have some kind of dominant inside presence. 

I worry about how we defend Lebron but Lebron isn't exactly mr "fourth quarter." 

good post and let's see where they go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

This team is not up there with 2007.  Mostly because Garnett is half the player he used to be.  Love this team, in fact I even loved the Celtics when they had Wicks and Rowe but this team as it stands is not going to beat the Bulls and the Heat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Never get too low on this team when they have a couple of bad games.  Likewise, try not to get too high on this team when they have a few great games.  We're at home and the Grizz were on a losing streak.  I love this team and don't want to see them traded this year, but I before we declare them contenders, let's see how the play in some tough games on the road.   Let's see them play Miami, again, play Chicago and Philadelphia away.  Let's see the Lakers and Portland and Clippers and THEN if we win most of those games we can start to say they are up there with 2007.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]not throwing in the towel on this season and not giving in to heat or bulls. the depth, length and athleticism and the way we approach defense makes us competitive against anyone. from moore to pavlovic to bradley, everyone contributes. freakin wilcox goes 5 to 5 and is a factor in another game today. the big 3 is actually getting BETTER! kg is takin and hittin more 3s, ray is driving more and shoting off the dribble much more accurately than ever. pp is making great decisions without the usual turnovers. btw, we arent getting crushed on the boards anymore. we can send pietrus, paul, pav, ray, moore and avery to neutralize bron and wade. rondo, dooling and avery will make life hell for d-rose in a short series! watch the lakes get beatdown next week as the first shot fired to the nation on our potential!

Can you please make an effort in punctuation and spelling in your posts?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH 2007:
    [QUOTE]Never get too low on this team when they have a couple of bad games.  Likewise, try not to get too high on this team when they have a few great games.  We're at home and the Grizz were on a losing streak.  I love this team and don't want to see them traded this year, but I before we declare them contenders, let's see how the play in some tough games on the road.   Let's see them play Miami, again, play Chicago and Philadelphia away.  Let's see the Lakers and Portland and Clippers and THEN if we win most of those games we can start to say they are up there with 2007.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Sounds like John Wooden!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I think the Celtics could maybe squeak by the Bulls in a 7 game series because of Boston's superior depth and Chicago's tendency to play 1 on 5 basketball during crunchtime (Rose vs. the world). I'm not as optimistic about a matchup against the Heat. Shutting down one elite player is doable. Neutralizing two of them (LeBron James AND Dwayne Wade) would have been difficult even for the 2007 team. Chris Bosh, despite all the criticism he receives, is a pretty good player too, and the Heat actually have a solid bench, similar to Boston's. I don't know how anyone can beat the Heat in a 7-game series. I'm still trying to figure out how Dallas did it. I suspect it was a confluence of factors adding up to a giant fluke that would never repeat itself. Barring injury, the Miami Heat will be NBA Champions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

heat, okc and then the clippers because they will continue to get better.  The clippers roster is rediculous....not a lot of role players but some(reggie evans and ryan gomes) but check out the guard depth they have...billups, chris paul, mo williams, eric bledsoe and randy foye....not to mention blake, deandre jordan, caron butler and now kenyon martin(hes not really special but a nice piece)...trey thompkins is a nice young player, but either way their roster is stacked.  They may need a better coach but I think those will be the top 3 teams.  Now that there a several super teams as far as individual all stars teaming up, it just goes to show you how special that 07-08 celtics team was if you go back and look at their record out the gate....same with the following 3 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRadja. Show DRadja's posts

I like this positive post.  Love that the younger guys are getting in to the mix and that Garnett has become more active on the offense.  For all the criticism that he gets the team still loves Rondo as their quarterback.  He didn't score much but he can sure pass the rock.  He ran the point for us when we won the championship and that makes him a winner which no one can ever take from him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Really?  A jumpshooting team that can barely beat bad teams and pounds its chest when it beats a team missing two starters one of which is an all-star and the other of which is voted by league coaches as the best perimeter defender in the league....  as I said before the season started 38 and 28, win the first round, and then shown the door by one of the real teams......  the biggest problem with the team is that by winning against lousy teams Danny (and the players) are deluded into thinking they can win and will delay the dissolution of the BIG 3.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH 2007:
    [QUOTE]In Response to WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH 2007 : Really?  A jumpshooting team that can barely beat bad teams and pounds its chest when it beats a team missing two starters one of which is an all-star and the other of which is voted by league coaches as the best perimeter defender in the league....  as I said before the season started 38 and 28, win the first round, and then shown the door by one of the real teams......  the biggest problem with the team is that by winning against lousy teams Danny (and the players) are deluded into thinking they can win and will delay the dissolution of the BIG 3.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    For once, we agree on something!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics looking deep now because of the play of Bass, Wilcox, Pietrus, Bradley, Johnson, Moore.  If we can land a quality big and stay healthy, I say we're in the mix.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]  BINGO .... THEY ARE FUN TO WATCH AGAIN !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I kind of like our matchups versus miami.  I like the bodies we have to throw at the 2/3 spots with pierce, peitrus, sasha and quis.

I also like our depth.  We can lose a guy or two and still be competitive now.  With miami all three of their superstars better be able to go.  Dwade is about due for his semiannual injury.

I'm more worried about how we would get by an athletic team like OKC or some others in the west.  But I guess if we get that far it will be a welcome dilemma.

I like the idea of mixing up the starting rotation.  The way the minutes are scattered I don't see where it would be an issue. Still finish with the main 5 though.  Could be bass or oneal depending on the opponent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigplaay. Show Bigplaay's posts

Also love seeing the youngsters get some minutes...Think that still need a strong big man as O'neal is so injury prone and inconsistent...Bradley getting better all the time, moving without the ball gets him some easy layups with the focus on the big boys, who seem to be getting plenty of rest as well...Now if only Rondo could start making free throws....Also would like to see them keep playing JJJ in meaningful minutes, love his athleticism and hustle...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i dont know if this means anything, but the last time the patriots lose a super bowl, the celtics won the title 4 months later :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]i dont know if this means anything, but the last time the patriots lose a super bowl, the celtics won the title 4 months later :)
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

You are right, but I don't see this happening again.  Great point though !  I suppose that anything is possible. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]This team is not up there with 2007.  Mostly because Garnett is half the player he used to be.  Love this team, in fact I even loved the Celtics when they had Wicks and Rowe but this team as it stands is not going to beat the Bulls and the Heat.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]OH REALLY snake.. do you want a mulligan. Just wanted to re-visit how things were and what some were saying BEFORE the bandwagon. Had some of us bought some stock on this team back then, we'll be on easy street rght about now. it still isn't over but can't believe people were still ignoring the obvious in terms of KG. we were still criticizing rondo for being rondo and wanting him to be a steve nash tyoe scorer in addition to the assist thing , ignoring the great defense of bass, and so forth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH 2007 : Really?  A jumpshooting team that can barely beat bad teams and pounds its chest when it beats a team missing two starters one of which is an all-star and the other of which is voted by league coaches as the best perimeter defender in the league....  as I said before the season started 38 and 28, win the first round, and then shown the door by one of the real teams......  the biggest problem with the team is that by winning against lousy teams Danny (and the players) are deluded into thinking they can win and will delay the dissolution of the BIG 3.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I don't think Miami is that bad. LOL!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Re: AS SOME PREDICTED: WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH 2007

In Response to AS SOME PREDICTED: WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH 2007:

Not sure that I would compare anything to 2007 my friend. The Celtics only won 24 games that season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WATCHOUT MIAMI +CHICAGO, THIS GREEN TEAM IS UP THERE WITH 2007 : OH REALLY snake.. do you want a mulligan. Just wanted to re-visit how things were and what some were saying BEFORE the bandwagon. Had some of us bought some stock on this team back then, we'll be on easy street rght about now. it still isn't over but can't believe people were still ignoring the obvious in terms of KG. we were still criticizing rondo for being rondo and wanting him to be a steve nash tyoe scorer in addition to the assist thing , ignoring the great defense of bass, and so forth.

Come on man.  Have you noticed me on the bandwagon?  They have been playing great lately there is no doubt about it and that makes me happy but I stand by my orginal comment.  Do you remember how good KG used to be?  And I never criticized Rondo for being Rondo.  Don't know why you would single me out.  I haven't said one single thing that would make it seem like I changed my mind.  I have been happy lately and the Celtics are playing great.  I still don't think they can come out of the East.  That doesn't make me less than a fan.  

If I am wrong I will be happy about it.  More than you know.  

Sections
Shortcuts