As the Fungus spreads.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

As the Fungus spreads.

Once upon a time, this board was an interesting place to visit for Celtic fans. Over the years; however, a fungus started to spread, and cover every topic and almost every poster. It tended to drive interesting posters away, and it tended to drive many conversations into personsal attacks that had little to do with basketball. It now dominates the board as its own personal kingdom, and someday there will probably only be the fungus, and his minions. Maybe that was the plan from the begining.

On second thought, it is more likely that it can't help it. Fungus must be fungus.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: As the Fungus spreads.

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Once upon a time, this board was an interesting place to visit for Celtic fans. Over the years; however, a fungus started to spread, and cover every topic and almost every poster. It tended to drive interesting posters away, and it tended to drive many conversations into personsal attacks that had little to do with basketball. It now dominates the board as its own personal kingdom, and someday there will probably only be the fungus, and his minions. Maybe that was the plan from the begining.

On second thought, it is more likely that it can't help it. Fungus must be fungus.

Isn't this thread an example of the personal attacks that you communicate concerns about? 

Lets all take a deep breath - take the high road - we are human - we are not going to agree with everyone else! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

True, this place is nothing like it once was. I have the fungus on ignore, it is still hard not to see the negative, childish, bullying and personal attacks he promotes and creates... but it makes the board somewhat more user friendly.

I suggest everyone ignore fierce, he is mentally ill and will never change, he likely can't even see what a disgusting human being he is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Isn't this thread an example of the personal attacks that you communicate concerns about? 

Lets all take a deep breath - take the high road - we are human - we are not going to agree with everyone else! 

In an unregulated board, the most obnoxious, the most aggressive, the most troubled posters dominate as there are no grown ups around to set limits and to enforce even minimal standards of discourse.

That's what we have here.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

True, this place is nothing like it once was. I have the fungus on ignore, it is still hard not to see the negative, childish, bullying and personal attacks he promotes and creates... but it makes the board somewhat more user friendly.

I suggest everyone ignore fierce, he is mentally ill and will never change, he likely can't even see what a disgusting human being he is.

The board has degraded, but not by a single poster - it always takes two to disagree and then to devolve into name-calling.  Singling out Fierce is, as you say, childish, and while he may get into it with his primary nemesis and that hijacks every topic, left to his own observations, he's often objective and insightful.

However, the real reason that we've seen this decline has been due to the mindless and pathetic trolls, mostly Laker trolls who cannot contain their adolescent scribblings.  Let's face it, we will have disagreements here, but as long as people think an opposing view is stupidity, nothing will change for the better.  And, don't reply to post begun by trolls - being ignored will send them away faster than any response might.  To them, that would feel like they gave a party and no one showed up.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

This is no different than any other public board.

There are knowledgeable posters, young kids who sound stupid, trolls and OCD posters who just enjoy creating conflict..  Most all are passionate about their opinions.  and that is what makes this interesting.  Would you feel better if everyone supported your own or the same opinion?  How boring...

Because the Mod will not enforce a policy of deleting all flaming posts and banning those (at least temporarily) who attack others,  my sugestions is to ignore those who irritate you and only read and respond to those posters who you feel are worthy of your response.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sorry but Ive come to the realization its fruitless to pursue real fan based Celtic talk with a lunatic fungus running loose forcing feeding posts and dominating almost every thread with a pulse.

If you check over the years Ive been here, I almost always posted occassionally and about the game/team. Now it's pointless... for every post we had to scroll through 5 of his, then another 3, then 2 more... on every thread breathing... guess I got worn out and gave up..

My apologies

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

If you have people (his fans which are like 5, one of them uses 2 diferent accounts so they are 4) defending the Fogus things will not get better on this board. All I'm going to say is that

I AM PROTESTING THIS CRAP OF BEING ACCUSED AS BEING RICKY!

laugh out loud gif

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Thank you for proving my point fungus.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Thank you for proving my point fungus.

Yes, I proved that you can no longer talk basketball and you're resorting to name calling.

Just because everybody saw how little faith you have on the Celts, it doesn't mean I'm to blame. I mean you were the one who said goodbye to KG and Pierce after that Game 3 loss, right?

It's not my fault that you thought the Celts would be swept and you were proven wrong.

So to compensation for that embarrassment you're going to call me fungus?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Famous fungus cliches ....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Famous fungus cliches ....

Come on, in the past, Jump-ball and I could go on for days debating KG vs. Duncan. Now, he only posts here to call me names.

Maybe its because youre not liked and hes finally realized you know very little about basketball

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

What the fungus does, is gode others into personal arguments, for purposes of belittlement and personal enjoyment, and may times, it has little to with the Celtics, the reason most of us started posting. When this board becomes the empty parking lot that it personally created, it will still be here morning noon and night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

What the fungus does, is gode others into personal arguments, for purposes of belittlement and personal enjoyment, and may times, it has little to with the Celtics, the reason most of us started posting. When this board becomes the empty parking lot that it personally created, it will still be here morning noon and night.

The saving grace is that this klown doesn't have a friend in the world.... only us. LOL!

Pud

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Nice to know that you consider me as your friend.

Hubba, hubba, Fungus.... you are a freakin' knock-out.

Friends forever.

Pud

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

awwwwwwwwwww, the fungus trying to endear himself to Pud... how cute

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Come on guys, you're being a little to hard on Fierce. Even with all his battles, he is still good for this board. That's coming from someone who has had as many battles with Fierce as any one!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

awwwwwwwwwww, the fungus trying to endear himself to Pud... how cute

What happened to the "my apologies", Karl?

You didn't accept Karl's apology. You made a snide remark instead.

That  flushed him out.

Pud