Asik stinks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Asik stinks!

Bass and Lee are more valuable than him. This really stinks.

My future power forward rotation is Sullinger backed up by Bass. 

Fav and Oly will get better at center. Whoever is best will be the starter.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Asik stinks!

I'd rather have Bass and Lee, even though I've been mildly dissappointed in Lees offense until lately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I'd rather have Bass and Lee, even though I've been mildly dissappointed in Lees offense until lately."

That's why you're not running the team. Bass and Lee are disposable scrubs. Newsflash: Houston rightly isn't going to trade Asik even for Bass, Lee and a draft pick so that gives you some idea of how they perceive us trying to unload our stiffs. 

You do realize Asik is a good defender who averaged a double double last year right? 

To average a double double Bass and Lee would have to morph into one player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Just think, if we ever do trade for Asik, we will be condemned to months or years of threads about whether Asik does or does not suck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In terms of Player Efficiency Ratings for centers, Asik is ranked 40th in the NBA behind Jermaine O'Neal and Vitor Faverani.

He is, however, ahead of Kelly Olynyk.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/c 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

No they really suck

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Fav is not a true center.   Not big enough to cover the true centers.   Kelly has a good head on his shoulders.   But, he is really slow.   His offense may get better as he gets experience, but he won't be a true factor defensively.   He won't be better defensively than Seimsma.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

After a year the Celts would need to resign Asik.  He would want in the 10 to 12 million slot. Is he worth that kind of money?  And if he was resigned for significant money and we payRondo, Badley and Sullinger, would his contract be the reason we would not have money to sign a very good player?  Asik is an improvement at Center at this time and would mean some wins but Rondo is looking at a big contract.  And draft picks are on the way.  It is a complicated problem when you consider the money we are going to need just to keep the good players we have now and the money needed to buy a first option to shoot the ball.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

After a year the Celts would need to resign Asik.  He would want in the 10 to 12 million slot. Is he worth that kind of money?  And if he was resigned for significant money and we payRondo, Badley and Sullinger, would his contract be the reason we would not have money to sign a very good player?  Asik is an improvement at Center at this time and would mean some wins but Rondo is looking at a big contract.  And draft picks are on the way.  It is a complicated problem when you consider the money we are going to need just to keep the good players we have now and the money needed to buy a first option to shoot the ball.

[/QUOTE]

There is no problem signing Asik for 10-12m per year and giving Rondo the max.

The Celts own their Bird rights.

Sullinger is due for an extension in 2016.

By that time, Gerald Wallace's contract is already off the books.

The only problem is Bradley.

Is Bradley worth 8m per year, that's the question.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, why in the world would Bradley want to re-sign with the Celtics when according to you in one of your other posts that you suggested that Boston is a racist city?Thus, if money being equal it would seem that Bradley is gone and the C's will be in need of a great on ball defender in next year's draft.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see that as a problem.

after 2014, Rondo and Asik would  be FA's.

their salarys in 2014 would be $15M and $12.5M

if we add in J. Green and his player option for 2015 at $9.5M we can see the money is there to res-ign all three ( this assumes that Ainge wants to keep all three, if he would the team would be players in the east at that time).

so to resign with the same dollars woudl go something like:

Rondo- $15M

Green - $12M

Asikl - $9.5M

again I am NOT saying that any of the above players should get that type of deal, just that the money would be there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I'd rather have Bass and Lee, even though I've been mildly dissappointed in Lees offense until lately."

That's why you're not running the team. Bass and Lee are disposable scrubs. Newsflash: Houston rightly isn't going to trade Asik even for Bass, Lee and a draft pick so that gives you some idea of how they perceive us trying to unload our stiffs. 

You do realize Asik is a good defender who averaged a double double last year right? 

To average a double double Bass and Lee would have to morph into one player.

[/QUOTE]

Bass isn't that far from a DD right now and is the only player beside Sullinger who seems capable of grabbing offensive rebounds. Humphries is not shy but really, Bass is Leon Powe essentially, though Leon got up and down a little faster. Lee, on the other hand, is expendable. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The guy doesn't "stink" but he is supremely overrated on this board.  Ainge is offering up to the Rockets what Asik is worth, unloading some of our redundant players and a pick down the road.  

We wouldn't be bringing him in to be the center of the future anyway, we would be taking the contracts of multiple players and consolidating them into one, he could easily be traded out of here again...

I'm in the wait and be patient camp, we're not winning a ring this year anyhow, later in the season when contenders are trying to improve their playoff roster, some of our players are going to look pretty good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Never thought I'd agree with a Romney but

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We should be trying to figure out how to get Andre Drummond or Lopez twin. Good values on the dollar. The Phoenix and Brooklyn Plumlees too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Asik does not suck. Asik per 36 minutes grabbed more rebounds than every single NBA player not named reggie Evans.

Asik's defense was so good, the Rockets were ten points better a game with him on the floor. Advanced metric guys love him because the team plays alot better with him on the court. 

Asik, is a very good role player and better than Lee and Bass.

Not that it matters much, as the rockets thought our offer was too low.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

We should be trying to figure out how to get Andre Drummond or Lopez twin. Good values on the dollar. The Phoenix and Brooklyn Plumlees too.

[/QUOTE]

How, Kidnap a member of Joe Dumars family and force him to trade? The Pistons won't move a center like Drummond. 

Here is when you make a trade. When you see a chance to improve your team.  Asik is an upgrade for us. He's not Dtummond, but Drummond isn't on the trade block. Asik is. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just proves that you were totally wrong in saying Fav is already better than Asik.

If the Celts got Asik, he would be the starting Center.

You said it yourself, we're not winning a ring this year.

So why would Ainge go after Asik if Fav is already a better player than Asik? 

I mean you think Ainge wants Asik because Asik will be Fav's backup?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Fav is better than Asik.  Asik doesn't play at all, does that mean he is terrible, no, it means Houston is keeping him off the floor and healthy for trade.  The best players don't always play.

Bass plays because he is trade bait, same with Hump.  I have been pretty consistent in saying that the players the team is actively shopping will play max minutes and the ones they want to keep will play minimal minutes.  Fav is the center of the future unless they can get an all star.  I know you have comprehension issues so I'll leave it at that.

HAHAHA         < See how dumb that looks, no, you can't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just think, if we ever do trade for Asik, we will be condemned to months or years of threads about whether Asik does or does not suck.

[/QUOTE]

True...but thats mainly all we do around here anyway.  So far this year we've gone through Bradley sucks, Fav sucks, Oly sucks (right Chris33?!) Green really sucks, Wallace really really sucks, and the perpetual Rondo sucks threads.  We need more ammo.  Thats why I want Asik, so for no other reason than we can B&M about him too.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy doesn't "stink" but he is supremely overrated on this board.  Ainge is offering up to the Rockets what Asik is worth, unloading some of our redundant players and a pick down the road.  

We wouldn't be bringing him in to be the center of the future anyway, we would be taking the contracts of multiple players and consolidating them into one, he could easily be traded out of here again...

I'm in the wait and be patient camp, we're not winning a ring this year anyhow, later in the season when contenders are trying to improve their playoff roster, some of our players are going to look pretty good.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Ainge has put disposable but serviceable players on the table with a future 20s something pick.  Nothing to lose as we would gain a starting Center (which would render Bass to the bench behind Sully) plus as Wozzy points out, Asik is a tradeable asset down the road.

However, Asik is not worth Green + a pick, and not worth any of our 2014 picks or the Celtics 2015 pick with Bass and Lee.  IMO

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts