1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Asik stinks!

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fav plays three minutes less per game than Asik; scores more points, has more steals, has more blocks, has more assists, shoots threes...

Facts, your opinions are about as valued here as canned farts.

[/QUOTE]

This ^

[/QUOTE]

Don't ya love the way Fungus recruits an army of defenders by reposting another members post to back him up .... So LAME!!!

I tried to tell him no teams were interested in paying Asik $15MM next year but he claimed the C's would save $3MM ... He forgot that that $3MM gets wiped out this year since Asik is getting $5MM but the team with his contract gets charged $8.4MM on their cap ... so much for a $3MM in savings ... gone before you even start next season.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not  in the feud you too have, but Asik is a darn good player. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Asik is a poison pill that Houston will have to swallow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the thing, wozzy, you're trying to compare Fav and Asik this season.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out that when Asik was a starter last season, he started 82 games and averaged a double-double.

Like I said in another thread, if Fav is so good then why is Ainge offering Bass, Lee, and a 1st rounder for Asik?

That's something you can't answer.

[/QUOTE]

Asik is not a Celtic, no trade happened and even if Asik became a Celtic, it will be to remove two bad contracts and consolidate them into one, which Ainge will probably turn around and trade once it becomes moveable. 

The team is trying to improve, signing the white Kendrick Perkins to a bloated longterm contract isn't the answer, see how I snuck race in there so you would understand.

Fav is better than Asik, he was better early in this season when Fav was playing more, he is better now that they're both playing comparable minutes, he's better if you put Fav's numbers into the Per 36 minutes number cruncher.

Fav plays three minutes less per game than Asik; he scores more points, has more steals, has more blocks, has more assists, shoots threes.  I deal in facts not opinion, if Fav was starting for an entire season his stats would be better. 

The team saw what Fav did early in the season, coach Stevens stated Fav had been their best defender, then they started sitting him to give Oly minutes and showcase Bass and Hump who are up for trade. 

When Rondo is back and this front office believes they have what it takes to compete night in and night out Fav will be the starting center.

[/QUOTE]

This is insane. People stop thinking steals and blocks are good defense. Garnett didn't block many shots. Didn't take any charges and is one of the best defenders in the history of the league. Garnett alters shots. Asik alters shots.

The rockets were TEN Points better with him on the court. One of the highest marks in the league.  Those defensive numbers were also very high on the Buls. Which is why the Rockets paid so much for him. 

Asik was the second best rebounder per 36 minutes in the entire NBA. His contested rebound percentage ( and advanced stat teams like toe Celtics and Rockets use) show that he had the highest rate of winning contested rebounds in the league. 

Win shares another advanced stat, Asik had over an 8 last year. That is higher than Pierce of Garnett had with the Celtics.

Asik is a very good player. He isn't a franchise guy, but he is a huge upgrade over Faverani. Who is a promising young player but stop getting carried away. 

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter. Nobody will pay a one way player $15MM for one year and risk losing him to free agency after giving up a 1st rd draft pick. Houston needs to temper their demands ... as other G's have said, "they are not being realistic."

[/QUOTE]

That I agree with. My point is not that we should up our offer for him. My point is that he is an upgrade of team talent and those acting like he is a stiff are wrong..

But trades are about need and most rebuiling teams like the sixers, don't need a 29 year old for their rebuild and teams like the Heat aren't dismantling their team for Asik.  He still a fine player though and if the price is right, I'd love to have him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ooookaaaay, so much for beleving in numbers. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This is insane. People stop thinking steals and blocks are good defense. Garnett didn't block many shots. Didn't take any charges and is one of the best defenders in the history of the league. Garnett alters shots. Asik alters shots.

The rockets were TEN Points better with him on the court. One of the highest marks in the league.  Those defensive numbers were also very high on the Buls. Which is why the Rockets paid so much for him. 

Asik was the second best rebounder per 36 minutes in the entire NBA. His contested rebound percentage ( and advanced stat teams like toe Celtics and Rockets use) show that he had the highest rate of winning contested rebounds in the league. 

Win shares another advanced stat, Asik had over an 8 last year. That is higher than Pierce of Garnett had with the Celtics.

Asik is a very good player. He isn't a franchise guy, but he is a huge upgrade over Faverani. Who is a promising young player but stop getting carried away. 

Kevin Garnett had over 100 blocks a season 11 times with a career high of 178. He is 18th on the NBA's all time list and was a power forward not a center.  Saying he didn't block shots is like saying Ronald McDonald didn't make cheeseburgers.  He got old, he blocked fewer shots, it happens...

Win shares etc on the Celtics, who have had an evolving roster since day one are useless, when Fav was starting the Celtics were the 2nd ranked defense in the NBA

Blocks, steals are a very usefull measuring stick in conjunction with opposing player's stats, it is a lot more telling than arbritary team stats.

Don't tell us block and steals stats mean nothing when the top 25 all time players in those catagories reads like a who's who of defensive MVP's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The number I am referring to is $15 million.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're such a weasel!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

So you think a stiff like Asik is worth $15 million year?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[/QUOTE]

Kevin Garnett had over 100 blocks a season 11 times with a career high of 178. He is 18th on the NBA all time and was a power forward not a center.  Saying he didn't block shots is like saying Ronald McDonald didn't make cheeseburgers.  He got old, he blocked fewer shots, it happens...

Win shares etc on the Celtics, who have had an evolving roster since day one are useless, when Fav was starting the Celtics were the 2nd ranked defense in the NBA. 

Blocks, steals are a very usefull measuring stick in conjunction with the opposing player's stats is a lot more telling than arbritary team stats.

Don't tell us block and steals stats mean nothing when the top 25 all time players in those catagories reads like a who's who of defensive MVP's.

[/QUOTE]

Your faverani stat is a ridiclously small sample size. Asik's defense was that good for over a year in houston and before that in Chicago. 

Win shares are not useless. You have no idea what you are talking about. The formula for calculating win shares is complicated; it takes up pages 16–100 in the book. The general approach is to take the team's win shares (i.e., 3 times its number of wins), then divide them between offense and defense

Morey is one of the smartest GMs in the league and is a flat out moneyball guy.  he worked for Ainge who is also a firm beleiver in advanced stats. Asik is good. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's the thing, wozzy, you're trying to compare Fav and Asik this season.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out that when Asik was a starter last season, he started 82 games and averaged a double-double.

Like I said in another thread, if Fav is so good then why is Ainge offering Bass, Lee, and a 1st rounder for Asik?

That's something you can't answer.

[/QUOTE]

Asik is not a Celtic, no trade happened and even if Asik became a Celtic, it will be to remove two bad contracts and consolidate them into one, which Ainge will probably turn around and trade once it becomes moveable. 

The team is trying to improve, signing the white Kendrick Perkins to a bloated longterm contract isn't the answer, see how I snuck race in there so you would understand.

Fav is better than Asik, he was better early in this season when Fav was playing more, he is better now that they're both playing comparable minutes, he's better if you put Fav's numbers into the Per 36 minutes number cruncher.

Fav plays three minutes less per game than Asik; he scores more points, has more steals, has more blocks, has more assists, shoots threes.  I deal in facts not opinion, if Fav was starting for an entire season his stats would be better. 

The team saw what Fav did early in the season, coach Stevens stated Fav had been their best defender, then they started sitting him to give Oly minutes and showcase Bass and Hump who are up for trade. 

When Rondo is back and this front office believes they have what it takes to compete night in and night out Fav will be the starting center.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter. Nobody will pay a one way player $15MM for one year and risk losing him to free agency after giving up a 1st rd draft pick. Houston needs to temper their demands ... as other G's have said, "they are not being realistic."

[/QUOTE]

That I agree with. My point is not that we should up our offer for him. My point is that he is an upgrade of team talent and those acting like he is a stiff are wrong..

But trades are about need and most rebuiling teams like the sixers, don't need a 29 year old for their rebuild and teams like the Heat aren't dismantling their team for Asik.  He still a fine player though and if the price is right, I'd love to have him. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed ... but why does the tanking crew jump back on the bus for Asik. He alone won't make a huge difference this year. They (Tankers) are hypocrites for dumping on the C's as a terrible team but then jumping back on based on one potential trade. No better than Fungus doing his flip-flop for fear of being on the wrong side of the argument.

[/QUOTE]

I can't answer for anyone else but I think Asik will make us better. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but only 8.3 million counts against the cap. 

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/12/17/5219894/the-pros-and-cons-of-trading-for-omer-asik-boston-celtics-houston-rockets

Anyway this is getting silly. He is clearly a damn good player but the trade isn't happening. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

If you compare that to the 18m that Bass and Lee will get until 2016 then yes!

You're an idiot if you think Bass and Lee are worth 18m until 2016.

[/QUOTE]

I never said that.

But Asik is not that good.

If he was, they wouldn't be trading him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

If you compare that to the 18m that Bass and Lee will get until 2016 then yes!

You're an idiot if you think Bass and Lee are worth 18m until 2016.

[/QUOTE]

I never said that.

But Asik is not that good.

If he was, they wouldn't be trading him.

[/QUOTE]

They didn't trade him. They decided they would rather keep him  than accept a lowball offer.

Fact is Dwight Howard is a franchise level player. Asik isn't and they play the same postion.

He is one of the best role players in the league though and he is certainly worth average role players like lee and bass. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

can we get some more "asik" jokes going?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

And make em asik as u want 2 You are asik man

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but only 8.3 million counts against the cap. 

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/12/17/5219894/the-pros-and-cons-of-trading-for-omer-asik-boston-celtics-houston-rockets

Anyway this is getting silly. He is clearly a damn good player but the trade isn't happening. 

[/QUOTE]

"only 8.3 million counts against the cap."

Tell that to Wyc!