Asik vs. Faverani

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Asik vs. Faverani

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Fav was included in a trade to make salaries work.  He is an expiring deal, and clearly will not play here.

[/QUOTE]

Fav does not have an expiring deal.

Here:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/f/favervi01.html

• Signed July 18, 2013 for an assumed $6,270,000 for 3 years.
    • 2015-16 is not guaranteed if waived before July 15, 2015.

[/QUOTE]

My bad.......then we should only trade him if we get an established big man in return.  It matters not what the people on this board think, if he's not going to play, he's  going to go back home like Erden and Krstic and the rest of them.  If he was "a skilled big man", wouldn't he be playing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I think Danny will trade him or save him for next year, depending on who we trade for.  We will draft toooooooooooo lowwwwwwwwww to expect much help in the near future from the draft.  We will most likely tradeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

FAV is a work in progress...he's where he needs to be at the moment...having him sit on the bench, regardless of how bad this team is, could only harm him...he needs the minutes against NBA-potential players night in, night out..

However, I will say this...he's got to get a chance at some point to play extended minutes on a regular basis against NBA players...I mean real game action...next year, and if he still looks lost like he did before being sent down, then he's got to go, IMO....

I think he can be a decent backup if he starts to "get it"....so far, I've only seen that a few times, and not on a regular basis...his game may not translate well into the NBA

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Fav has some talent but has not yet adjusted to the NBA game (especially on D). Folks getting crazy about stats in limited sample size.

The idea that we didn't play him to hide him is crazy to me. He is a rookie and needs minutes to develop. Moore likely he didn't earn his place in practice and on D (just like Brooks).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Fav is done for the year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fav has some talent but has not yet adjusted to the NBA game (especially on D). Folks getting crazy about stats in limited sample size.

The idea that we didn't play him to hide him is crazy to me. He is a rookie and needs minutes to develop. Moore likely he didn't earn his place in practice and on D (just like Brooks).

[/QUOTE]

Fav was a professional overseas, not exactly without experience.

As far as the team sitting him to hide him, there is a precedence for this. 

In 2006 Paul Pierce went down with a mystery injury.  Sebastian Telfair (horrid) started over Rajon Rondo who sat until the 2nd half of the season and only played in garbage time, he was substantially better than Telfair in limited minutes as well.  Leon Powe came into a mid season game rang up a double double by halftime, which lead the reporter to ask Doc where they'd been hiding him, he sat the remainder of the game and year.  Ryan Gomes started at power forward, let that sink in.  Wally Szerbiak got extended minutes, Al Jefferson was showcased but was never allowed to play his natural power forward position next to Perk at center, they NEVER shared the floor at the same time as that would have been our best front court.

You can't convince pro athletes to lose on purpose, all you can do is choose who plays, that's how a tank happens.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

this thread is alive?  Fav is done for the season.  Asik never played so, it sort of like evens out. I would still pick Fav over Asik any given day. Asik is a stiff with bad hands. Fav runs the floor, has great hands, can choot the 3..Fav + Rondo = Fun to watch. Asik + Rondo = MEH...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this thread is alive?  Fav is done for the season.  Asik never played so, it sort of like evens out. I would still pick Fav over Asik any given day. Asik is a stiff with bad hands. Fav runs the floor, has great hands, can choot the 3..Fav + Rondo = Fun to watch. Asik + Rondo = MEH...

[/QUOTE]

I'd be more willing to match a more seasoned Faux Hawk with another decent point guard who can run a break, just not malcontent man

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fav was a professional overseas, not exactly without experience.

In 2006 Paul Pierce went down with a mystery injury. 

[/QUOTE]

I understand waht you are saying but do not share your opinion.

Europe is not the NBA. Especially big men have to get used to the different system. No way a rebuilding team is hiding a player with this background IMO.

Pierce on the other hand was a 8 year veteran in 2006 and in his prime. A star in this league. Holding him back is a totally different thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I understand waht you are saying but do not share your opinion.

Europe is not the NBA. Especially big men have to get used to the different system. No way a rebuilding team is hiding a player with this background IMO.

Pierce on the other hand was a 8 year veteran in 2006 and in his prime. A star in this league. Holding him back is a totally different thing.

[/QUOTE]

If Fav went out and continued to play the way he did for the first six game, maybe even improved, other teams would be clamoring to include him in trades.  They saw what he could do then shut him down.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

That's really an idiotic post.

Everybody here knows Fav stopped playing because he was bad on defense. 

You lose credibility with that post.

Instead of just admitting you were about Fav being a legit starting NBA Center, you're making stuff up.

[/QUOTE]

He started the first 6 games of the season, he had 11 blocks in that span, I believe we were giving up 88 points a game ranking us 2nd in the entire NBA on defense.  At one point this season coach Steven said Fav might be our best defender and was a rim protector.  

They started him, already had seen his film from Europe, they knew exactly who they were getting and shut him down.  

The other team that pushed hard to get him was San Antonio and if you think Greg Popovich has problems spotting international talent than you're a bigger fool than we all take you for.

Again, clueless...

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Since I have Farce on ignore I'll have to assume he is responding to me again with the revival of this thread.

I guess he doesn't like me knocking his binky Asik as being a "role player" and thinks the guy is an all star.  Funny he knocks Rondo for shooting and Asik shoots 54% from the free throw line.  Our savior, a defensive genius who's Rockets were ranked at the bottom of the league in points allowed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Come on, wozzy, I never said Asik is an All-Star.

You were the one who said Faverani is the next Brad Miller, a 2-time All-Star, right?

[/QUOTE]

I said best case scenario Brad Miller, I'll stand by that health provided.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Come on, wozzy, I never said Asik is an All-Star.

You were the one who said Faverani is the next Brad Miller, a 2-time All-Star, right?

[/QUOTE]

I said best case scenario Brad Miller, I'll stand by that health provided.

[/QUOTE]

How did I know you were talking to me, back on ignore.  Time will tell.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

LMAO !

CAN WE FINALLY, AS OF TODAY, OFFICIALLY , KILL THIS THREAD OFF FOREVER ?

LET IT DIE !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LMAO !

CAN WE FINALLY, AS OF TODAY, OFFICIALLY , KILL THIS THREAD OFF FOREVER ?

LET IT DIE !

[/QUOTE]

THIS^

Sections
Shortcuts