Asik vs. Faverani

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Asik vs. Faverani

Do you not think this team could compete NEXT year?

Rondo, Crawford

Bradley, Lee

Hayward, Wallace

Aldridge, Olynyk

Asik, Faverani

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Let's just put it this way, the picks in the top 5 in 2014 have the potential to become better players than Aldridge or Horford.

Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett are top 5 picks in their respective drafts.

Aldridge was the 2nd overall pick in the 2006 draft

Horford was the 3rd overall pick in the 2007 draft

??

You know, until you guys settle on a clear and common definition of "better," this will go on forever.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Let's just put it this way, the picks in the top 5 in 2014 have the potential to become better players than Aldridge or Horford.

Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett are top 5 picks in their respective drafts.

Aldridge was the 2nd overall pick in the 2006 draft

Horford was the 3rd overall pick in the 2007 draft

??

Aldridge and Horford are nowhere near KG's status.

I want Aldridge too, but not for the Celts' 2014 pick.

Maybe for Sully and our other garbage, but I don't think Ainge will trade our 2014 pick.

Or Ainge could swap the #1 pick for the #2 or #3 pick, plus another pick.

+ 1

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

I highly doubt that Danny sits on his hands until the 2014 draft to decide what direction to take ... that would be setting us back almost an entire season which is ludicrous!

Remember 2007, when Ainge told Pierce if they get Durant or Oden Ainge would trade Pierce?

If the Celts only get the 5th or 6th pick in the 2014 Draft, that's the time Ainge will do something like what he did in 2007.

But if the Celts get the #1 or #2 pick, Ainge will continue to build through the draft.

What's ludicrous is you refusing to believe that Ainge is targeting the #1 pick.

You're a bigger fool than I thought if you really believe the Celts will be contenders in 2016.

agree. im on the same boat

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

it wouldnt make any sense to trade hump not unless there'll be an available star player like aldridge.

again, ainge will stick to his plan.

it would be better to compile expiring contracts

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Asik is a decent big, I'm not as enamored with him as some but, he is decent big. I've really been impressed with Faverini though, every game he seems to be making positive adjustments to the NBA game. I like the Divacs comparision, he not their yet but he does seem to have the same kind of skills set. I think DA found a diamond in the rough with the Vitornator.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

That is a stupid list, implying that Asik is a top three player:

Would you take his 11.1ppg & 10.7rpg over a player that has 21.1ppg & 9.1rpg or 17.1ppg & 9.9rpg or even 17.8ppg & 9.2rpg?

Also what about?

Noah - 11.9ppg & 11.1rpg

Al Horford - 17.4ppg& 10.2rpg

Sanders - 9.8ppg & 9.5ppg

It's a F-ing joke, I leave the C's board for a few years and there are no longer any classic posters like Slippery Sam who had more basketball knowledge stored in the DNA of his pinky fingernail and they've been replaced by know it all negative nancies like Fierce, who's contributions amount to "player x sux until he doesn't."  

This is a classic method of know it all's, they litter the board with negative statements about a certain player but leave enough ambiguity so a year later they can pull the "I never said he was bad" card, no you didn't say he was bad, you just said a bunch of bad players were better than he.  Even now he's leaving the "well he might be better in the future" caveat...

Now he'd like us to ignore what we've seen in Fav's rookie year so far, albeit preseason, and because he hasn't played a regular season game wants us to assume his predictions are correct.  Funny the top 5 draft picks in this years draft haven't played an NBA game yet either, but he wants us to believe our savior is sitting there at pick 3.  I'll trust Danny Ainge and my own two eyes.  

Asik is a good role player, he blocks and rebounds, he couldn't throw a ball into the ocean because he can't shoot worth a damn.  Fav was being courted heavily by Ainge and San Antonio who have a knack for finding great players outside of the top 5 picks in the draft and across the pond.  

When you're wrong about Fav, Babb and Pressey and just about everything else I'd like you to come back here and grovel, but you won't, you'll pretend you knew it all along or something magical has happened since you saw them play last.

"LOL" doesn't make you correct, it makes you sound like a know it all doofus.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts