asik

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

asik

better rebounder better defence than fav better in the middle green stinks he is not a celtic and will never bee

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: asik

Except Asik is riding the pine for the Rockets... the man love for Asik here is silly, they didn't show Perk nearly as much love when he was here, they are basically the same player except Perk couldn't be pushed around by players who weighed more than 240 pounds... Asik does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

If he is anything like that stonefingered stiff PERKINS, forget ASIK.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

No comparison beween Asik and Perk.  Asik is a much more polished offensive player, better rebounder and better passer than Perk ever was.

More seasonable to compare Fav to Perk.

The reason that Perk is now the the 3rd string center on OKC is that he doesn't do anything but scowl and block the middle.  Slow, stone-hands, and useless with the lowest PER in the NBA.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He has shot 53% from the free throw line for his career, or about as good as Shaq.  A player he projects close to is Todd MacCulloch or Robin Lopez if he missed 10% more of his free throws.  He is also good for a couple turnovers a game, that so many posters here fantasize that he is the answer at center for the Celtics is a joke. 

He is a role player at best, a back up center at worst, which is the role he currently plays for the Rockets.  Fav may not be the answer for the Celtics at center, but at least the potential and talent is there, Asik doesn't possess enough of either...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Still got a bee in your bonnet about Asik?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

He has shot 53% from the free throw line for his career, or about as good as Shaq.  A player he projects close to is Todd MacCulloch or Robin Lopez if he missed 10% more of his free throws.  He is also good for a couple turnovers a game, that so many posters here fantasize that he is the answer at center for the Celtics is a joke. 

He is a role player at best, a back up center at worst, which is the role he currently plays for the Rockets.  Fav may not be the answer for the Celtics at center, but at least the potential and talent is there, Asik doesn't possess enough of either...

Oh really,  then maybe you want to compare Rondo's free thrrow percentage as the primary criteria in comparing PGs and a player's value then... LOL.

I don't think anyone on here is saying that Fav is the answer to our need for a quality starting Center.   However, Fav could be a very adequate backup center.   Asik is a legitimate and very decent starting NBA center today.   However, I think that Danny is seeking a better alternative.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Disagree about Perk......he was good HERE.....he is awful in OKC.

With PP, KG, RA and Rondo, he would still be good.

Not that he's playing with stiffs now, it's just a different philosophy, more O, and he is a liability there....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Perk stunk with the Celtics too.  It was just masked by 4 other all stars.  Career 5.6 PPG and 5.9 RPG with the Celtics and even in his "golden years"  from 2007-2010 his average PER was the worst of any starting center in the league ranking dead last and even behind 14 backup centers in 2010.  

How bad was/is Perk?  Read on:

John Hollinger's player efficiency rating is generally a good indicator of production. And when a player manages to have a negative rating over an entire postseason, you can be absolutely certain that he was horrible.

Kendrick Perkins had a PER of -0.7 in 11 playoff games for the Thunder, the worst ever for a player with over 200 minutes in NBA history!

Perk finished with 24 turnovers, 24 points, 39 fouls, and only five blocks in the Thunder's disappointing run, shooting a mind-boggling 17% from the field in 5 games against the Memphis Grizzlies for an atrocious plus/minus of -40.

Despite Perkins' new role today as the worst starter in the NBA, his apologists like to say "he still gives you great interior D." That argument is now laughable as he was absolutely abused by the Memphis big men: Zach Randolph averaged 18 points and 11 rebounds and Marc Gasol averaged 19 and 8.

So far this season Perk is averaging a measly 2.4 PPG, 4.1 RPG with a 4.24 PER (ranking 306th of 311 players in the NBA).  Perk's playng time has been reduced to 17 MPG and now Rookie Sam Adams is playing more minutes than Perk!!

I contend that one reason that OKC couldn't resign Harden was because of the salary commitment to Perk... 26.8M or $8.5/yr - more than Bradley, Sully, Oly and Fav combined.. for arguably the worst player in the NBA today. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think Josh Childress could give him a run for his money.........

Perk was good here - all your stats are from OKC.

He took the rebounding load off KG, and he played tough.

Sorry, you'll never convince me otherwise

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Read my first paragraph about his performance in Boston.  Perkins was rated dead last among centers while in Boston. Argue with the PER not me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

after reading this thread, I say we should get Perkins back (sned them a ham sandwich an bag of chips in trade)!

since Asiks is no better tha Perk we'd be getting asik  for a sandwich and some chips!!

that Danny Ainge sure is a horse trader!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Read my first paragraph about his performance in Boston.  Perkins was rated dead last among centers while in Boston. Argue with the PER not me.

Not arguing with you.  It's called a difference of opinion.  Perk knew his role on this team, and did a good job while he was here.

You are entitled to your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Perk worked 4 then, not anymore

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Perk worked 4 then, not anymore

Right - I'm not saying I want him back, I'm just saying he was a good fit for us while he was here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Perk stunk with the Celtics too.  It was just masked by 4 other all stars.  Career 5.6 PPG and 5.9 RPG with the Celtics and even in his "golden years"  from 2007-2010 his average PER was the worst of any starting center in the league ranking dead last and even behind 14 backup centers in 2010.  

How bad was/is Perk?  Read on:

John Hollinger's player efficiency rating is generally a good indicator of production. And when a player manages to have a negative rating over an entire postseason, you can be absolutely certain that he was horrible.

Kendrick Perkins had a PER of -0.7 in 11 playoff games for the Thunder, the worst ever for a player with over 200 minutes in NBA history!

Perk finished with 24 turnovers, 24 points, 39 fouls, and only five blocks in the Thunder's disappointing run, shooting a mind-boggling 17% from the field in 5 games against the Memphis Grizzlies for an atrocious plus/minus of -40.

Despite Perkins' new role today as the worst starter in the NBA, his apologists like to say "he still gives you great interior D." That argument is now laughable as he was absolutely abused by the Memphis big men: Zach Randolph averaged 18 points and 11 rebounds and Marc Gasol averaged 19 and 8.

So far this season Perk is averaging a measly 2.4 PPG, 4.1 RPG with a 4.24 PER (ranking 306th of 311 players in the NBA).  Perk's playng time has been reduced to 17 MPG and now Rookie Sam Adams is playing more minutes than Perk!!

I contend that one reason that OKC couldn't resign Harden was because of the salary commitment to Perk... 26.8M or $8.5/yr - more than Bradley, Sully, Oly and Fav combined.. for arguably the worst player in the NBA today. 

Perk, when he was heathly was a good fit here. He doesn't fit where he is.  JG isn't an even swap for our system. There are better centers out there when compared to Perk but chemistry is the ultimate team mate. KG,PP et al were really dependent on Perk doing his thing..Your analysis doesn't compute in the real world and I believe your are really without a valid opinion! Dunk your heart out  my old friend (I'm old too), but the real world is team play!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree Heir, Mel, Hed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

Yeah, but teams didn't want to come in the lane with Perk there...it's something they have missed badly since he left...he hurt people physicaly, and that does mean soemthing...he could also block shots, as could KG...their interior D was substantial...then he blew out his knee...he was a good starting C for them, far better than Fav will ever be, if he's EVER a decent starting center, which I doubt...

As far as I'm concerend, if the guy can rebound , play good D in the paint and block a few shots, they have loads of guys who can score when it doesn't count and who have no guts, just like Green...so trade Green for him...Green and his disappearing act (no pun intended) won't be missed.

Its interesting that once we (collectively) form an opinion and defend it, its almost impossible to change... especially about religion, politics and breast size preference, but for athletes as well.

So I respect your (and Hedley) opinion about Perk (and Green).  I on the other hand have ALWAYS thought that Perk was a total stiff.  Same with Rondo and Doc.  I had not formed a strong opinion about Green however.  I had hopeful feelings and thought he would prove everybody wrong after the first few games... and then he disappeared.  Now, I will not be sad or surprised to see him traded too.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

Yeah, but teams didn't want to come in the lane with Perk there...it's something they have missed badly since he left...he hurt people physicaly, and that does mean soemthing...he could also block shots, as could KG...their interior D was substantial...then he blew out his knee...he was a good starting C for them, far better than Fav will ever be, if he's EVER a decent starting center, which I doubt...

As far as I'm concerend, if the guy can rebound , play good D in the paint and block a few shots, they have loads of guys who can score when it doesn't count and who have no guts, just like Green...so trade Green for him...Green and his disappearing act (no pun intended) won't be missed.

Its interesting that once we (collectively) form an opinion and defend it, its almost impossible to change... especially about religion, politics and breast size preference, but for athletes as well.

So I respect your (and Hedley) opinion about Perk (and Green).  I on the other hand have ALWAYS thought that Perk was a total stiff.  Same with Rondo and Doc.  I had not formed a strong opinion about Green however.  I had hopeful feelings and thought he would prove everybody wrong after the first few games... and then he disappeared.  Now, I will not be sad or surprised to see him traded too.  

I was sweriously trying to keep an open mind on Green...I was impressed with him during his outbursts of talent during the playoffs and thought, after his serious health issues he had turned a corner and that DA saw something in the guy I had not...but alas, t'was not to be...the guy now is the guy he was after the trade and before the playoffs...sorry to say, and I mean that...a focused and un-cautious Green is what the team desperately needs

It really is unfortunate, I would relentlessly defend his games last year and early this year when he just didn't show up and was really passive.  And like many of you after the buzzer beater thought there you go, he can be that guy to lead the team, take the big shots, and solidify being a piece with Rondo that the Celtics would build around.  I mean you never know maybe he can shake out of this and still be that guy because when he is feeling it he is one of the most entertaining guys in the league.  I just want him to have a bad 1st quarter one of these games, fight through it and still put up some good numbers.  Because from what I have seen he tends to just give up if he bricks his shots early. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Seriously, a Center with a 44.4% FG%?

Fav is also a center who shoots threes and can them shoot well.  And no I'm not backing off my contention that Fav will be the starting center for the foreseeable future, I was merely stating that Asik doesn't have the skill set that Fav does.  

Asik can't shoot, at all.  

Pair pure shooters like Fav and Oly up with a point guard who can penetrate, run the pick and roll and set up shooters like Rondo can, and you have a recipe for success.

Currently we have a point guard who can't create offense at all but can defend (Bradley) and another who can create offense but allows opponents blow by him out on the perimeter (Crawford).  The least of our worries is power forward or even center, and if so Asik is not the answer.

God, either your grasp on reading comprehension is horrid, or you see what you want to see when you read these posts.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts