asik

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

asik

why didn't boston use some ov their 215 picks  for asik we have no center again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: asik

They are rebuilding. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i would not have given up a first rounder for him. if that was the asking price, i'm glad we passed. we would have needed him ONLY if we had landed love. rondo-bradley-green-love-asik would have been solid team. no love means rondo is likely gone and we have no need for asik, especially if they wanted a #1. if you rebuild it, they will come...in 2-3 years anyway. lol

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

i would not have given up a first rounder for him. if that was the asking price, i'm glad we passed. we would have needed him ONLY if we had landed love. rondo-bradley-green-love-asik would have been solid team. no love means rondo is likely gone and we have no need for asik, especially if they wanted a #1. if you rebuild it, they will come...in 2-3 years anyway. lol

You have a point.

However, Asik will only be 28 years old this year.

He still has at least 5 years, of playing at a high level, left.

but he's a complimentarily piece, like green. without a star, like love, there's no point in bringing him in. especially for a first round pick. when i saw that the pelicans gave up a pick for him, i was glad we passed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

exactly. pass on asik and pass on love. trade rondo and build through the draft this year and next

and trade any dead weight like bass or green that we can for more picks in the future.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

exactly. pass on asik and pass on love. trade rondo and build through the draft this year and next

and trade any dead weight like bass or green that we can for more picks in the future.

my preference would have been to get kevin love. but if the price became too high or we weren't able to get him for whatever reason, then you have to consider trading rondo. and there's certainly no point in bringing in complimentary pieces like asik. 

so i would have preferred the fast rebuild, but if that didn't pan out then, yeah, you have to try and get picks and build through the draft, as painfully slow as that may be.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We have a roster full of role players, yet some posters here think the answer to success is to bring in a role player from another team.

Some Celtic's fans; they're so thirsty they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Hey,

The sky didn't fall. 

Most on here would agree it was a fun season. Much more talk and promise than if we had stayed the course and won 35 games.  We all got thru it. We can do it again next year and then let the bad contracts go and look forward to 2016. Should be fun again next season. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Bad knees?  Our medical staff may have said no because he won't last more than 1 or 2 more years?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Hey,

The sky didn't fall. 

Most on here would agree it was a fun season. Much more talk promise than if we had stated the course and won 35 games.  We all got thru it. We can do it again next year and then let the bad contracts go and look forward to 2016. Should be fun again next season. 

To us it will be fun.

But those Kevin Lovers will be in a lot of pain.

I would rather they win a championship every year as well but, there's no magic answer except if you can get a star free agent or two or three to agree to come to your team.  Otherwise, Danny is building assets and trying to make them better without giving up too much. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Hey,

The sky didn't fall. 

Most on here would agree it was a fun season. Much more talk promise than if we had stated the course and won 35 games.  We all got thru it. We can do it again next year and then let the bad contracts go and look forward to 2016. Should be fun again next season. 

To us it will be fun.

But those Kevin Lovers will be in a lot of pain.

I would rather they win a championship every year as well but, there's no magic answer except if you can get a star free agent or two or three to agree to come to your team. 

By product of the new CBA?  You can only extend 4 years max including the years left in the current contract.  There are going to be a lot more movement of star players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Asik  would have been a great pickup for the Celtics, He's no Vitaly Potapenko !  (LOL) , I think he would have been worth trading next seasons CELTICS #1 draft pick (top 5 protected) , That way , we'd never have to hear another word about how tanking/losing is a good thing , and we could still enjoy  watching Brooklyn lose and the LA Clippers too.....

ASIK would have been great with the Celtics, but Ainge would have had to sign him to an extension at a more reasonable # to help absorb the one year of $15M salary, like a 2 yr extension ,

I would NOT have traded for Asik as a one year rental without having him extended for 2 or 3 yrs , and maybe that is why the Celtics didn't end up with Asik ??? Or maybe New Orleans just wants him for a 1 yr rental and possible as a big $15M chip at the trading deadline......

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Now Afflalo is traded for peanuts.  Woj. Reports Afflalo sent to Denver for a 2nd and Fornier.  

If Asik and Afflalo are being Jettisoned for almost nothing why isn't Danny picking up these players who would have both fit well with a Love/Rondo core?  I guess the writing is on the wall.

http://fansided.com/2014/06/26/nba-rumors-nuggets-will-trade-aaron-afflalo/#!4l7wa

Sections
Shortcuts