Asking Price For Gordon Hayward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Asking Price For Gordon Hayward

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hayward would be  a very important piece for the Celts, return to playoff revelance.  He is a underappreciated player that plays a good allaround game, basketall IQ considered.  KO, Hayward, Sullinger , Avery and Rondo would be a very good and smart team.  This team is possible next year and If they perfomed well, say 45 wins, then a trade could be made to up grade that would put us in contention for a title in 2015.  Rondo, Haywad, and Sully would make us competative next year.  I am not talking Eastern Championship but competative and gritty enough to win on any night.  Just a player or two short of competing for a championship.

[/QUOTE]

What in the world team have you been watching this year?!?!  You really think that from what you saw this year from Oly, Sully, Avery and Rondo with the addition of Hayward would bring this team back to relevence?!?!  This team stinks!!  Yes Suly is decent but be realistic for a second....the guy has a great game then 3 so so games.  He is not consistent and is no more than a role player on a very good team.  In fact this entire team is no more than a bunch of role players!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hayward would be  a very important piece for the Celts, return to playoff revelance.  He is a underappreciated player that plays a good allaround game, basketall IQ considered.  KO, Hayward, Sullinger , Avery and Rondo would be a very good and smart team.  This team is possible next year and If they perfomed well, say 45 wins, then a trade could be made to up grade that would put us in contention for a title in 2015.  Rondo, Haywad, and Sully would make us competative next year.  I am not talking Eastern Championship but competative and gritty enough to win on any night.  Just a player or two short of competing for a championship.

[/QUOTE]

What in the world team have you been watching this year?!?!  You really think that from what you saw this year from Oly, Sully, Avery and Rondo with the addition of Hayward would bring this team back to relevence?!?!  This team stinks!!  Yes Suly is decent but be realistic for a second....the guy has a great game then 3 so so games.  He is not consistent and is no more than a role player on a very good team.  In fact this entire team is no more than a bunch of role players!!

[/QUOTE]

Have you not been following the Eastern Conference this year.  He was very clear saying Hayward would not bring us a title, just be more competitive in the East.  I agree!  Hayward, Sully, Oly, Rondo and our draft picks will make us MORE competitive than this year.

Geesh!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have you not been following the Eastern Conference this year.  He was very clear saying Hayward would not bring us a title, just be more competitive in the East.  I agree!  Hayward, Sully, Oly, Rondo and our draft picks will make us MORE competitive than this year.

Geesh!

[/QUOTE]

Actually he said this:  "This team is possible next year and If they perfomed well, say 45 wins, then a trade could be made to up grade that would put us in contention for a title in 2015."

Then he ended with this: "Just a player or two short of competing for a championship."

So all of this with the addition of Heward and trade?!?!  Do you HOESTLY agree with him??  If so, please go on record as saying "Yes, I think with this current group of players, the addition of Hayward and a draft pick that this team could win IT ALL in 2 years"

Geesh......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geesh!

[/QUOTE]

Actually he said this:  "This team is possible next year and If they perfomed well, say 45 wins, then a trade could be made to up grade that would put us in contention for a title in 2015."

Then he ended with this: "Just a player or two short of competing for a championship."

So all of this with the addition of Heward and trade?!?!  Do you HOESTLY agree with him??  If so, please go on record as saying "Yes, I think with this current group of players, the addition of Hayward and a draft pick that this team could win IT ALL in 2 years"

Geesh......

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we'll win it all in 2015, no......but we can be closer to winning the East.  I agree with the 45 wins.  That would make us the 3 seed this year.  With MIA probably breaking up after this year, that leaves IND as our biggest competition.........no one knows the future, but BY 2015 I'm hoping we can be very competitive in the East.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geesh!

[/QUOTE]

Geesh......

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we'll win it all in 2015, no......but we can be closer to winning the East.  I agree with the 45 wins.  That would make us the 3 seed this year.  With MIA probably breaking up after this year, that leaves IND as our biggest competition.........no one knows the future, but BY 2015 I'm hoping we can be very competitive in the East.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  But can you please explain what you are seeing from this team that makes you believe they will be a 45 win team next year??  The only way this is REMOTELY possible is if they somehow get a to 3 pick and that player plays GREAT next year, Sully learns what the word 'consistency' means, Oly grows some muscle, Green step up to be a leader, Bradley does the same and Rondo can regain some form.  And they need another WELL ABOVE AVERAGE player as well.  IF all of those HUGE 'If's' happen....thent there is a glimmer of hope that they can MAYBE win 38-42 games next year.  The East stinks though.....I want a team that can compete for it all....right now NONE of these players are anything more than a role player....and probably never will be.  Look at the top 4 teams, Indy, Miami, OkC and SA.  Do you see any of these current Celtic players able to crack the starting 5 on those teams??  For real??  Rondo maybe (but who knows with his knee now)......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geesh!

[/QUOTE]

Geesh......

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  But can you please explain what you are seeing from this team that makes you believe they will be a 45 win team next year??  The only way this is REMOTELY possible is if they somehow get a to 3 pick and that player plays GREAT next year, Sully learns what the word 'consistency' means, Oly grows some muscle, Green step up to be a leader, Bradley does the same and Rondo can regain some form.  And they need another WELL ABOVE AVERAGE player as well.  IF all of those HUGE 'If's' happen....thent there is a glimmer of hope that they can MAYBE win 38-42 games next year.  The East stinks though.....I want a team that can compete for it all....right now NONE of these players are anything more than a role player....and probably never will be.  Look at the top 4 teams, Indy, Miami, OkC and SA.  Do you see any of these current Celtic players able to crack the starting 5 on those teams??  For real??  Rondo maybe (but who knows with his knee now)......

[/QUOTE]

IF we get Hayward................IF we draft well, and IF we make nice trades............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Heyward is a nice player, but I wouldn't give up a 1st or Sully and/or Olynk for him. Not that I belive Sully and Olynyk are building blocks, they're not, but they have decent to good trade value in a pakage of #1s. I would not want to water down that potential package.

Outside of those two, the Cs have nothing the Jazz would want.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heyward is a nice player, but I wouldn't give up a 1st or Sully and/or Olynk for him. Not that I belive Sully and Olynyk are building blocks, they're not, but they have decent to good trade value in a pakage of #1s. I would not want to water down that potential package.

Outside of those two, the Cs have nothing the Jazz would want.

[/QUOTE]

I would trade KO....reluctantly, for Hayward.  Not Sully.  But, Utah has good, young bigs, so I don't think they'd want KO anyway!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

So if we get Hayward, we have him, Green, GW splitting time for the rest of this season. Does that pop us up enough to be 8th or 9th pick instead of top 3. Who are you drafting that is going to take us to the next level?

Then we go into next year and win 45 games. What does that gain us? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So if we get Hayward, we have him, Green, GW splitting time for the rest of this season. Does that pop us up enough to be 8th or 9th pick instead of top 3. Who are you drafting that is going to take us to the next level?

Then we go into next year and win 45 games. What does that gain us? 

[/QUOTE]

Hayward would be the "2"

Rondo, Hayward, Green, Sully and Asik...........could contend  in the East next year!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

After thinking about all this...Hayward and Green combined really would create the best swingman of all time. Hayward's drive, basketball IQ and general play mixed with Green's natural abilities would make for an unstoppable freak at the 3.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another poor shooting night for Hayward tonight.

Just 3-11 FGs.

[/QUOTE]

Another major injury for Bradley per the MRI today!

[/QUOTE]

ab-waiters straight up... please!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geesh!

[/QUOTE]

Geesh......

[/QUOTE]

get a life

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hayward would be the "2"

Rondo, Hayward, Green, Sully and Asik...........could contend  in the East next year!

exactly, but we need to start somewhere and upgrade if an opportunity presents itself.

[/QUOTE]

Could contend, sure, but Rondo, Hayward, Green, Sully, and Asik will just be like the Hawks or Nuggets of 2010.

Rondo, Hayward, Green, Sully, and Asik would most likely be a 2nd round playoff team every year.

It won't be able to beat Miami, Indy, and the top 4 teams in the west.

If the Celts are to return to the Finals, we're going to need more than just Hayward.

[/QUOTE]

21. This post has been removed.