AT FULL STRENGTH, DO THE CELTS PLAY 11 OR CUT ROTATION TO 9 IN THE PLAYOFFS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

AT FULL STRENGTH, DO THE CELTS PLAY 11 OR CUT ROTATION TO 9 IN THE PLAYOFFS?

after watching lake fraud game, just became obvious that doc at least for now is comfortable with a 9 man rotation in big games even in regular season. wafer made brief appearance at the end of the quarter but not part of that rotation. i think when west returns, nate is eventually the odd guy out. every so often if we need special energy or for other special situations, nate will come in but he wont be a regular part of the rotation. so i think it will be west, quis , shaq and baby as part of the regular 9 man rotation. wafer, jo and nate wi only play in very special cricumstances...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: AT FULL STRENGTH, DO THE CELTS PLAY 11 OR CUT ROTATION TO 9 IN THE PLAYOFFS?

Many hands make a light load !

I say go with a 12 man rotation if that's what it takes. Use everyone's fouls, work matchups and keep the Big 3 , Shaq and Rondo fresh....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: AT FULL STRENGTH, DO THE CELTS PLAY 11 OR CUT ROTATION TO 9 IN THE PLAYOFFS?

disagree on Nate..he will play..he will move between pg and shooting guard with west. no way they will use only delonte as the backups to both rondo and ray. nate will become a better fit wen he can play a shooting guard position. They will shorten their rotation, but Doc has already said he wants at least a ten man rotation to give the starters breathers. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

p.s - no certainty West will come back the player we expect him to be..just saying. 

i think Doc will use a rotation based on situation..(more bigs against magic, lakers; more guards against Knicks, Heat)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i noticed that the only people who played on sunday were people who lsot game 7 last year. excluding shaq. no wafer, no harongody, no erdan. i think this was a statement game for the celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It depends on matchups.  Against Howard, for example, we might need Perk, Shaq AND JON/Semih to foul him and keep him honest.  Against the Heat?  9 might do, although I can see a backcourt of Rondo and DWest in that series from time to time! Wade is too strong for Nate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    First, I hope DW will come back fully recovered and, after 10-12 games will be at or close to what he was before the injury.
    Second, Doc is extremely lucky: he can utilize at least 10 players without sacrificing efficiency of the team. On top of that he has 3 players for mop-up duties (I didn't count JON because I don't know when/if he's awailable). Also, as JH24 mentioned, Doc has capabilities to play "situations".
    But bottom line is playoffs. There Doc will play 9-men rotation 70-80%, the rest it will be 11-12.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: AT FULL STRENGTH, DO THE CELTS PLAY 11 OR CUT ROTATION TO 9 IN THE PLAYOFFS?:
    Hi, First, I hope DW will come back fully recovered and, after 10-12 games will be at or close to what he was before the injury. Second, Doc is extremely lucky: he can utilize at least 10 players without sacrificing efficiency of the team. On top of that he has 3 players for mop-up duties (I didn't count JON because I don't know when/if he's awailable). Also, as JH24 mentioned, Doc has capabilities to play "situations". But bottom line is playoffs. There Doc will play 9-men rotation 70-80%, the rest it will be 11-12. AK
    Posted by sinus007
    thats my point.. so you agree, we will cut it to 9 in the PLAYOFFS. who do you think will be in that rotation?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: AT FULL STRENGTH, DO THE CELTS PLAY 11 OR CUT ROTATION TO 9 IN THE PLAYOFFS?:
    p.s - no certainty West will come back the player we expect him to be..just saying.  i think Doc will use a rotation based on situation..(more bigs against magic, lakers; more guards against Knicks, Heat)
    Posted by JamezHill24
    assume like perk, west  will come back at full strength! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to Re: AT FULL STRENGTH, DO THE CELTS PLAY 11 OR CUT ROTATION TO 9 IN THE PLAYOFFS? : thats my point.. so you agree, we will cut it to 9 in the PLAYOFFS. who do you think will be in that rotation?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

CC,
    As I noted in my post, it's going to be about 70-80% of the time. Maybe less. I believe it won't be set in stone. There will be times (a lot of them) when BBD plays with starters as 5, there will be times when PP or RA will anchor the second unit. In other words, there will be 2 (5 and 5) overlaping units.
    I think we'll see a preview of playoffs rotations in a few games in March and April. Actually, we saw it yestarday. Minus DW, of course.
    As for the specific players, I think it's clear: Shaq/Perk, KG, PP, RA, RR - 1st, Shaq/Perk, BBD, MD, Nate, DW - 2nd. I put Shaq/Perk in both units because I have no idea how Doc wil play this card in playoffs.

AK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Simple - early in the post season, you go with a longer bench.  As the post season progresses, you shorten the bench.  As teams get better and the games get more intense, it's easier to game plan around a short bench.  The "what to do if" scenarios need to be cut down. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Prediction

In general, Doc is wont to play a shorter rotation, but will sub in anyone if the situation dictates.

My prediction:  In at least one game in the finals, Doc will surprise everyone and play Harangody significant minutes, and he'll have the same momentary success that Leon Powe did in Game 2 in 2008.  :-) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Prediction

In Response to Prediction:
    In general, Doc is wont to play a shorter rotation, but will sub in anyone if the situation dictates. My prediction:  In at least one game in the finals, Doc will surprise everyone and play Harangody significant minutes, and he'll have the same momentary success that Leon Powe did in Game 2 in 2008.  :-) 
    Posted by Number6Fan

again, i post to have a free flowing challenging DEBATE. if luke is on the 12 man roster, who's place will he take? no way luke, semih or avery are on that 12-man roster at any time during the playoffs barring injury. jo, nate, wafer, and west will be in the 9-12 spots. talking about the short ROTATION, not extra guys who may play here and there.. who do you think will be on the 9-man rotation if we are at FULL strength? yep assume eveyon on the 15 man roster is perfectly healthy and able to contribute fully...

Sections
Shortcuts