at what price?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

at what price?

i know a lot of these proposed trade threads are just for entertainment, and i get that we need a 3 to back up PP, and i hope DA will address the need for a 3. but i see a lot of people suggesting we trade a lot of our youth and draft picks to get one more piece of this year's puzzle.

this may be the last year this core of players can make a run at a title. next year is a big question mark. does it make any sense to trade away what little young talent we have, plus whatever draft picks we have, to try an obtain a backup player that may be only marginally better than the backups we currently have? like i said, i get that we need a 3 to replace daniels; he's not likely to be back this year. but beyond that, i fail to see where this team needs much tweaking. with any luck, we take a healthy roster into the playoffs, and then can compete with any team out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: at what price?

I wouldn't say our run is just this year. I think Ainge's thought is to have a two year run. This is why they tried to lock down Shaq for this year and next. I have no problem getting two titles and then blowing it up. We'll start to get a ton of cap space back in 2-3 years. So by that time we'd be working on #20.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to at what price?:
    i know a lot of these proposed trade threads are just for entertainment, and i get that we need a 3 to back up PP, and i hope DA will address the need for a 3. but i see a lot of people suggesting we trade a lot of our youth and draft picks to get one more piece of this year's puzzle. this may be the last year this core of players can make a run at a title. next year is a big question mark. does it make any sense to trade away what little young talent we have, plus whatever draft picks we have, to try an obtain a backup player that may be only marginally better than the backups we currently have? like i said, i get that we need a 3 to replace daniels; he's not likely to be back this year. but beyond that, i fail to see where this team needs much tweaking. with any luck, we take a healthy roster into the playoffs, and then can compete with any team out there.
    Posted by kaktug

It makes sense for precisely the reason you mentioned. When you have a legitimate shot at a championship you`ve gotta go for it. As the Buddhists say ,live in the moment(especially in sports, which can change in the blink of an eye) Woulld we have been better off building a team around Oden. What we thought was bad luck for us was the best thing that could have happened. What young talent besides Rondo do we have to build a team around anyway?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: at what price?:
    I agree..........Ainge is thinking 2 years which is why our contracts are almost all going away in 2 years and we will be able to make a big push toward top free agents.........although we will also have to have some players besides Rondo to lure them to Boston....If memory serves me correctly in 2 years we only have about 23 mil committed to salaries.....
    Posted by damfuno

Rondo`s a pretty good lure to guys who like to score.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

when we rebuild, we'll need draft picks. that's all i'm sayin'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The injuries this season have been sort of a blessing in disguise.  Erdan has gotten some valuable time and we know what he can do and he is not even 100%.  Wafer has seen some minutes and we know we can get out of him and there is possibly even more left to his game.  SHAQ has show signs of dipping into the fountain of youth and will be big down the stretch and into the playoffs.  JON when healthy has played well.  Im not sure if he will be back, but he is good for a few baskets, rebounds and blocks.  We will need his fouls come playoff time.  Harangody can be used in a pinch along with Bradley.  The wild cards are Nate and West.  How will West be when he comes back and will Nate break out of his slump?

Sections
Shortcuts