Atlanta Tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Atlanta Tonight!

OK, we played maybe our best game last nite.  Can we carry it over on the road?  Was this a one game effort to stop the losing streak?  I think we play another good game tonight.  It might not be a win but I think we play good again.  It started with Memphis.  I think we played better that game as well. Funny how our team looks with AB back.  Everyone doesn't realize this puts people back to where they belong.  JT goes back to the bench.  For all the JT haters let me say this.  You will see a different player in the future with him being back where he is comfortable.  This is what DA had in mind when he picked up Terry.  Not being a starter.  A lot of people had way too high expectations of him.  He is still a good scorer regardless if he is struggling or not.

It all starts on the defensive end.  AB got it going, and other guys has raised their defensive intensity.  I am not saying we have everything cured yet but as usual I am optimistic.  I am sure we have the same guys jumping off ship that did it last year. (other than Fierce- he has crossed the line)  

Lets see what happens next.  Another good defensive effort and we will be OK.

Still need one big player to make the expectations come to life.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Atlanta Tonight!

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

OK, we played maybe our best game last nite.  Can we carry it over on the road?  Was this a one game effort to stop the losing streak?  I think we play another good game tonight.  It might not be a win but I think we play good again.  It started with Memphis.  I think we played better that game as well. Funny how our team looks with AB back.  Everyone doesn't realize this puts people back to where they belong.  JT goes back to the bench.  For all the JT haters let me say this.  You will see a different player in the future with him being back where he is comfortable.  This is what DA had in mind when he picked up Terry.  Not being a starter.  A lot of people had way too high expectations of him.  He is still a good scorer regardless if he is struggling or not.

It all starts on the defensive end.  AB got it going, and other guys has raised their defensive intensity.  I am not saying we have everything cured yet but as usual I am optimistic.  I am sure we have the same guys jumping off ship that did it last year. (other than Fierce- he has crossed the line)  

Lets see what happens next.  Another good defensive effort and we will be OK.

Still need one big player to make the expectations come to life.

Fierce crossed the line a long time ago!!  HaHaHa!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well I told you guys.  Was that a good enough defensive effort?   Other than the first quarter when our guards let Williams and Teague go hog wild it was stellar.  They did a lot better containing them in the second half.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Well I told you guys.  Was that a good enough defensive effort?   Other than the first quarter when our guards let Williams and Teague go hog wild it was stellar.  They did a lot better containing them in the second half.

The Celts also didn't give the Hawks many 2nd chance points. 

For the defense to work, you need to secure the defensive rebound. Making the opponent miss and allowing them to get 2nd chance points makes the defensive effort all for naught. Tonight the Celts won the battle of the boards and ended up getting an easy win on the road.

This was a special win. They killed Atlanta on the offensive boards and Bradley is showing he helps this team go.  I think we give the Knicks all they can handle Monday.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The Celts also didn't give the Hawks many 2nd chance points. 

For the defense to work, you need to secure the defensive rebound. Making the opponent miss and allowing them to get 2nd chance points makes the defensive effort all for naught. Tonight the Celts won the battle of the boards and ended up getting an easy win on the road.

Also for the defense to be effective you have to limit your turnovers and also cause some of your own.  If you turn over the ball your defense is going to look bad.  We upped the intensity from the get go in the second half.  Sully continues to do his thing.  We hit the jackpot with this kid.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Fierce is one toke over the link.....

what else new?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How serious is Varajao's injury?  I still want him here if it is not serious.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts