Atlanta Tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Atlanta Tonight!

OK, we played maybe our best game last nite.  Can we carry it over on the road?  Was this a one game effort to stop the losing streak?  I think we play another good game tonight.  It might not be a win but I think we play good again.  It started with Memphis.  I think we played better that game as well. Funny how our team looks with AB back.  Everyone doesn't realize this puts people back to where they belong.  JT goes back to the bench.  For all the JT haters let me say this.  You will see a different player in the future with him being back where he is comfortable.  This is what DA had in mind when he picked up Terry.  Not being a starter.  A lot of people had way too high expectations of him.  He is still a good scorer regardless if he is struggling or not.

It all starts on the defensive end.  AB got it going, and other guys has raised their defensive intensity.  I am not saying we have everything cured yet but as usual I am optimistic.  I am sure we have the same guys jumping off ship that did it last year. (other than Fierce- he has crossed the line)  

Lets see what happens next.  Another good defensive effort and we will be OK.

Still need one big player to make the expectations come to life.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Atlanta Tonight!

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK, we played maybe our best game last nite.  Can we carry it over on the road?  Was this a one game effort to stop the losing streak?  I think we play another good game tonight.  It might not be a win but I think we play good again.  It started with Memphis.  I think we played better that game as well. Funny how our team looks with AB back.  Everyone doesn't realize this puts people back to where they belong.  JT goes back to the bench.  For all the JT haters let me say this.  You will see a different player in the future with him being back where he is comfortable.  This is what DA had in mind when he picked up Terry.  Not being a starter.  A lot of people had way too high expectations of him.  He is still a good scorer regardless if he is struggling or not.

It all starts on the defensive end.  AB got it going, and other guys has raised their defensive intensity.  I am not saying we have everything cured yet but as usual I am optimistic.  I am sure we have the same guys jumping off ship that did it last year. (other than Fierce- he has crossed the line)  

Lets see what happens next.  Another good defensive effort and we will be OK.

Still need one big player to make the expectations come to life.

[/QUOTE]  Fierce crossed the line a long time ago!!  HaHaHa!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well I told you guys.  Was that a good enough defensive effort?   Other than the first quarter when our guards let Williams and Teague go hog wild it was stellar.  They did a lot better containing them in the second half.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well I told you guys.  Was that a good enough defensive effort?   Other than the first quarter when our guards let Williams and Teague go hog wild it was stellar.  They did a lot better containing them in the second half.

[/QUOTE]

The Celts also didn't give the Hawks many 2nd chance points. 

For the defense to work, you need to secure the defensive rebound. Making the opponent miss and allowing them to get 2nd chance points makes the defensive effort all for naught. Tonight the Celts won the battle of the boards and ended up getting an easy win on the road.

[/QUOTE]

This was a special win. They killed Atlanta on the offensive boards and Bradley is showing he helps this team go.  I think we give the Knicks all they can handle Monday.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Celts also didn't give the Hawks many 2nd chance points. 

For the defense to work, you need to secure the defensive rebound. Making the opponent miss and allowing them to get 2nd chance points makes the defensive effort all for naught. Tonight the Celts won the battle of the boards and ended up getting an easy win on the road.

[/QUOTE]

Also for the defense to be effective you have to limit your turnovers and also cause some of your own.  If you turn over the ball your defense is going to look bad.  We upped the intensity from the get go in the second half.  Sully continues to do his thing.  We hit the jackpot with this kid.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hahaha

What is so pathetic about a guy like fierce is that he forgets how he 100% would have traded Sully for Varejao as well... and when AV was putting up 20/17, 35/18 and 19/17 games back in November Fierce said the Cavs would LAUGH at a Sully, Lee and 1st rd pick for Varejao offer and NEVER make such a trade.

He was all for moving Sully for Varejao but now that Sully is putting up EXACTLY the #'s I predicted he would, like a 6/7 in 22 mins... and Varejao is hurt... he pretends he was never one to make such a move. Such shameful hypocracy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Fierce is one toke over the link.....

what else new?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How serious is Varajao's injury?  I still want him here if it is not serious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yup, Fierce is a joke, thanks for the agreement. Less than 2 months ago he said that Sully, Lee, Melo and a pick wasn't enough for Varejao and Cleveland wouldn't make such a deal. Now he is the one who wouldn't move Sully for Varejao? HA!

Re: Fierce want a shiny new PF, tell us HOW we get one!

posted at 11/15/2012 03:56:52 EST

• Fiercest34
    • First: 03/24/2011
    • Last: 01/05/2013

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Witholding any ideas on a 3rd team:

I think Bass, Lee and a 1st rd pick for Jefferson or Lee and a first rd pick for Millsap are deals that Boston would do in a second but that Utah would find a little low in value.

They would want Avery or Sully in the trades and that is likely too much to give...

If we were trading Sully I'd want to keep Bass around, but with Al's salary that is impossible. A player like Varejao, making 7-8 million, could be had for Lee and Sully, I'd even throw in Melo and a pick for him, the man is the perfect fit for this team, more than ANY of those other PF's mentioned.

[/QUOTE]

That's realistic?

So 2 undersized PFs, Tristan Thompson and Sully, will start for the Cavs?

That deal only helps the Celtics.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How serious is Varajao's injury?  I still want him here if it is not serious.

[/QUOTE]

Its supposedly just a knee bruise that has lingered. He is expected back in the lineup Wednesday.

So amusing that Fierce felt the Cavs would have no interest in Sully, Melo, Lee AND a pick for AV just 7 weeks ago... but now he wouldn't part with Sully straight up for him. Hahaha.

There were MANY posters here who felt like me that Sully would be a 7p/7r guy in 20 mins by 2013 and by the end of the season have outplayed Bass and be getting 26-30 mins and putting up an 11/8. He projects to be a Boozer, Millsap, Carl Landry type, a 17/9 guy.

That still didn't keep guys like you and me from feeling that we could part with him for Varejao, and his extra height, D, ability to play 5's and 4-5 more boards a game. Esp since we'd still have Bass, who plays very well in the lineup with the 3 stars and Bradley.

If AV returns and plays well for a couple of weeks and can pass a physical I would still trade those guys for him. But ONLY if Ainge and doc still feel this team is a title contender and he is the missing link.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So Fierce says:

A. The Cavs wouldn't want undersized PF (and beloved Ohio State product) Sullinger b/c they already have a PF in Tristan Thompson, who can play SF and has the same body and skills as guys like Deng, Ariza and Jeff Green.

(we're not even mentioning that Lee, Melo and picks were also included and MOCKED by Fierce as 'not enough' hehe)

B. Its stupid to want to trade Sullinger for Varejao! We hit the jackpot! What moron wanted to trade Sully for Varejao!

hahahahahahaha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Tristan Thompson is the same player as Jeff Green, the Celtics also have Brandon Bass, the starter from the ECF team and yet Sullinger still finds a way to get 20 minutes a game. But Fierce is apparently the GM of the Cavs, so he knows that they would have no interest in Sully.

But he has also thrown the Celtics under the bus already, wrongly claiming they are 'rebuilding' (its called 'retooled' or 'revamped' top 5 teams that intend to be top 5 teams again are not in a 'rebuilding' era). So Fierce has no interest in making moves using Sully that could make this year and next years teams more competitive I guess... we need to hold onto Jared, a 4th or 5th best player on a contender type, for the real rebuilding era that comes when PP/KG retire.

Whatever you say all knowing board bully...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I left in the substance of the post and cut out your childish insults and where you pretend to know what other fans feel.

The point is that you mocked and laughed at the idea that the Cavs would want Sully, which is foolish... ignored that Lee, Melo and a pick were also in the proposal... and said no way was that offer enough for Varejao

Then said it was stupid to want to trade Sully for Varejao.

So I guess thats what you are Fierce, a hypocrite... a guy who would have wlecomed a trade for Varejao centered around Sully 2 months ago and who now apparently wouldn't trade Sully straight up for him...

So what is it? Would you trade Sully and Lee for Varejao if AV is healthy and passes a physical or not? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So again Fierce, answer my question, don't spin the convo, you acted 'amazed' that I would want to trade Sully for Varejao... back when AV got 15+ boards in 10 of his first 14 games and Boston was thought of as a title contender whose biggest weakness was rebounding.

So answer my questions, I asked first:

1. Can you really 'not understand' why I would want to move Sully for a proven vet defender putting up a 14-14 this season? Because thats what you posted above... that you 'couldn't understand'. Really? What you 'couldn't understand' was why the Cavs would even stay on the phone and hear that offer. Hypocrite.

2. Do you really think the Cavs would have no interest in a beloved local 20-21 year old kid who has tons of potential if they were to move Varejao... just b/c he plays the same position as Thompson?

3. Since I don't live on this site like you, I am not spending time looking for posts you may have erased. but you did say that you would move Sully and Lee for Varejao... only that the Cavs would NEVER make such a trade. So final question: If AV is healthy and if Doc/Ainge think this team is still a contender... would you really not trade Sully/Lee for him?? Really? Because your "JACKPOT!" and "I don't understand" comments imply you wouldn't trade them straight up.

So Cleve will NOT want Sully in your opinion... but you also wouldn't trade him for Anderson... is that correct?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So you would refuse to make that trade straight up... and also claim that the Cavs wouldn't want the kid... amusing.

And you 'don't understand' why I would want to move and overweight 21 year old 6/6 guy who might be a 12/8 guy by April for a 11+ rebound 30 year old who can defend 5's, rest KG and could be the missing link to a title. You 'don't understand' that logic back in November, or even now if AV is healthy? 

You said in November that if we could do a move for Varejao involving guys like Lee, Bass, Melo and Sully, you would make it in a second, but that there was 100% no chance of it happening b/c it was not enough value to even keep Cleveland on the phone.

Now Sully is worth more than Varejao in your eyes... but as GM of the Cavs you are also sure they don't see it that way. HA

Sections
Shortcuts