Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics:
    This thread is pathetic. For the most part, the officiating was fair. Home teams usually get somewhat of an edge. Perhaps nobody here notices when the Celtics get home town & favorable calls. Regardless, when the journalists and talk show hosts (even if they're Boston guys, like Shaughnessy, Ryan, Callahan, & Ordway) critique the officiating, then I'll believe it. This is just a bunch of sour grape ridden homers  
    Posted by nhsteven

Steven, you just proved you know as little about basketball as baseball. Try moving back to NY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics : Nhsteven. Are you blind by any chance? If not you might want to have your eyes checked because the officials stunk. Fair and officiating don't go together from tonights game. I think you walked into the wrong post.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Yes, the Heat got some home town calls. Regardless, we'll see what the journalists say; if they don't agree with you, then you suffer from PARTISAN blindness. The Celtics are an older team; they lost their legs late in the last 2 games; if Garnett had an extra day, he would have done better in game 4; that stellar game 3 took a lot out of him. The OT in game 4 affected game 5. They were obviously gassed. What they needed was Posey & Perkins to take up quality minutes, so the older guys could play less. Shaq was an injury prone gamble by Ainge that didn't work out; admittedly, he played well beforehand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics :  Steven, you just proved you know as little about basketball as baseball. Try moving back to NY
    Posted by upperco1

After seeing your other posts, I'm not insulted; however, I have pity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics : How'd that playing to the last whistle work out for ya? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

How'd that playing that fourth game work out for you???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics : After seeing your other posts, I'm not insulted; however, I have pity.
    Posted by nhsteven

Which posts, specifically, do you refer to, troll?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics : How'd that playing to the last whistle work out for ya? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Showed class.  Earned a lot of respect from the fans.  Earned a lot of respect all around.  Something that Lakers just don't have.  They believe in rape, domestic assault and atrocious flagrant fouls.

It is so good that you showed up.  You and the Lakers make me feel real good about the Celts.  Please stay and keep posting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics :  Which posts, specifically, do you refer to, troll?
    Posted by upperco1

I could say the same to you, since I was responding to your claptrap; I'm done wasting my time with your infantile virulent garbage and name calling. You'll have to spew your classy sportsmanship on somebody else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Lmao boston blaming the refs....that sure is new!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

they do it in with every sport. can't take losing. life is much more important and they should get one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Miami-heat-fan. Show Miami-heat-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Lmao boston blaming the refs....that sure is new!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hey laker nation; why don't u sit down and show a little class.. oh, yeah, you guys don't know what that is... it's too bad you won't meet us in the Finals..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

This thread is pathetic. For the most part, the officiating was fair. Home teams usually get somewhat of an edge. Perhaps nobody here notices when the Celtics get home town & favorable calls. Regardless, when the journalists and talk show hosts (even if they're Boston guys, like Shaughnessy, Ryan, Callahan, & Ordway) critique the officiating, then I'll believe it. This is just a bunch of sour grape ridden homers  
    Posted by nhsteven

I agree 100%. It's very discouraging reading the overabundance of posts blaming the officiating.

Why can't people be objective and call it how it really is: The Celtics choked and the Miami Heat were the better team.

Threads like this make Celtic Nation look like crybabies and whiners. Show some sportsmanship. We're too old and slow to beat an athletic team like the Heat 4 times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

The refs gave the heat games 1 and 5. Celtics gave game 4 away them selfs. I find it hillarious how every tine the heat missed in the 4th if they were in the paint went to the line. Funny Big baby and pierce get called for bogus phantom traveling calls. traveling is only in the rule books for the refs to tilt games when they want.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics : I could say the same to you, since I was responding to your claptrap; I'm done wasting my time with your infantile virulent garbage and name calling. You'll have to spew your classy sportsmanship on somebody else.
    Posted by nhsteven

Always a pleasure sparring with an elitist

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics:

I congratulate the Celtics for playing hard, playing fair and playing a man down. This is not an excuse. The Heat are moving on. But the officiating was awful. The list is so big there is no enough room or time to write it down. Just awful. The Cs could have been up 10 with a minute to go and the Heat were still going to win. The NBA should be ashamed of this.....

Posted by antiqueman1

-

You got it all right, Man.  It's like it was pre-ordained that the Heat would move on . . . a real passing the torch moment . . . LoL

So bush league this NBA, so transparent.

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsHaterinCO. Show PatsHaterinCO's posts

Funny you idiots weren't complaining when the refs handed you your last championship.  Matter of fact, the refs handed you games 5 and 6 against the Lakers last year in the playoffs and almost handed you game 7 until they got their heads out of their butts in the 4th quarter and stopped letting you be thugs and called some fouls. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I am not the closest follower of basketball, but, how does one explain a 47 FT (84 for 106 for Celts v 118 for 153 for Heat) advantage going Miami's way as not contributing to this series going in the Heat's favor?  What is interesting, when you hear about the term "home cooking", the Celts didn't even get that in Boston!  For the respective 2 games home stands for each team, Miami had a 53 for 68 FT mark as the home team v the Celts 31 for 40 while at home while the Celts had 39 for 46 mark v the Heat's 39 for 47 while in Boston.  Then this game 5, it went all Heat at 26 for 38 v 14 for 20 ??!!  For a supposed "physical" team, the Heat surely must be getting some favorable calls and LeBron only ONE foul in game 5, while Gernett has 5 and Pierce 4, with the way LeBron bulldozes to the basket?

But, then again, the age for the Celts really showed, too.  Unless they were comfortably ahead in the 4th, it seems invariably the O seems to shut down while the other team excels.  Wait t'il next year!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Atrocious Officiating

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating:
    Definitely among the worst.  The travel call on Davis that should have been an and one possibility could have put them up ten.  I believe we shot one free throw in the fourth.  None of our drives resulted in fouls, whereas most of theirs did.  Just pitiful. Our guys got totally jobbed.  Yes, they still had a chance to pull it out and were done in by turnovers and long jumpers, but still, the refs shut our guys down.
    Posted by joel49

The way the refs looked at each other before making that bogus call on Davis (remember, Reggie Miller on TNT said it was bogus, not just us "Celtics homers") really sealed the deal for me that this league, sad to say, ain't fully legit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics : I agree 100%. It's very discouraging reading the overabundance of posts blaming the officiating. Why can't people be objective and call it how it really is: The Celtics choked and the Miami Heat were the better team. Threads like this make Celtic Nation look like crybabies and whiners. Show some sportsmanship. We're too old and slow to beat an athletic team like the Heat 4 times.
    Posted by Waynestarr

Um, should we start calling Reggie Miller a whiner. Because he called out at least two of the bogus calls on the Celtics. Yes, they choked at the end, but they were choked for much of the game by the officials, ask Reggie Miller.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics : Um, should we start calling Reggie Miller a whiner. Because he called out at least two of the bogus calls on the Celtics. Yes, they choked at the end, but they were choked for much of the game by the officials, ask Reggie Miller.
    Posted by futbal

I don't have to ask Reggie Miller anything. I know what I saw in the last few minutes: careless turnovers by the Celtics, LeBron hitting clutch 3's, and Celtics taking and missing open jumpers when they should've attacked the basket.

The better team won.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics : Dig you watch the series Wayne? I don't mind the Celtics losing. They did their best and they lost. But the officiating was atrocious over the series and especially tonight. Objective. This is objective. Wade and Lebron get calls no one else gets in this league period. If Artest did the Wade leg sweep to Rondo do you think he would have got nothing for it? Of course not. He would have been given a flagrant 1 or 2. Objective. Get real. The refs were awful. Wade was given a free doing anything to anyone badge this series:  reminder perhaps: shoulder block into Pierce , leg sweeping Rondo, taking Allen to the floor and tonights running through a Garnett screen like he was a football sled. Give me a break. Don't run that obejective line.
    Posted by antiqueman1

For the past 2 years, blaming the officiating has been the M.O. of these forums. If you think the officiating is corrupt, biased and awful, why do you bother following the NBA??

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

I assume we aren't the only party who gets screwed by the refs. It's obvious to see for anyone (if you don't live in LA or Miami). Isn't there any kind of protest over there against this dubious calling. There really should be an impartial committee who controls the refs. For a game whistled like tonight for example they can't lead playoff games anymore this season. In Europe, in soccer that's how it's done. Not withstanding Blatter and Platini, who are Stern clones. Or is it the other way around? 
    Posted by srinivasa

There is: its called the United States Court System. Remember that one ref who ratted in exchange for a light sentence and police protection? The NBA is legal racketeering and guys on the gravy train are simply reticent to ruin the lucrative ride. Plus afraid of the mob. They arent likely to turn themselves in, they must be caught gambling and throwing games. It aint easy work either! Sorry to say.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In Response to Re: Atrocious Officiating: Congrats Celtics : Wayne When NBA officials have admitted cheating, and many refs acknowledge giving star treatment, it is hard to overlook.  Fouls can be called on nearly every trip down the floor.  When one team gets them consistently more than the other, it has the appearance of bias.  The Heat have two stars in their prime that get incredibly favorable treatment.  When you are +18 at the line, it allows for the Heat to be in the game and make their comeback.  When it happens every game in the series, it has undeniable impact on the outcome.
    Posted by Encinitas

RIGHT ON THE BUTTON ENCINITAS!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The real reason the Celtics lost was that they didn't keep Posey, Perkins, and Tony Allen from the Championship team. Shaq, although good early in the season, panned out as a bad injury risk. Green (bigger contract than Allen or Perkins), Davis and Kristic also underperformed. Older teams need a deep bench. Practically no mention of the refs was discussed in the Boston media.

Sections
Shortcuts