Attention Celtics are not undefeated without Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Attention Celtics are not undefeated without Rondo

They lost in Canada,without Rondo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Attention Celtics are not undefeated without Rondo

In Response to Attention Celtics are not undefeated without Rondo:
    [QUOTE]They lost in Canada,without Rondo.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

So what... we're also not undefeated with Rondo.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Attention Celtics are not undefeated without Rondo:
    [QUOTE]They lost in Canada,without Rondo.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Who said they were?  They lost by 1 point otherwise they would be undefeated without Rondo.  Their winning percentage without Rondo is higher than with Rondo.... and according to Cedric Maxwell "no offense to Rondo, the ball movement is much better without him and he tends to dominate the ball".....  Imagine they are only averaging less than a half an assist less without Rondo and Rondo gets his assists simply by being the last person to touch the ball prior to the basket being scored.  This means that he handles the ball too much and passes only when it finally benefits him and causes the offense to be stagnant as is widely discussed among the experts.

Rondo has almost no role other than to ensure that the offense is bogged down, that the defense sags off of him, doubles off him, and sags into the lane.  And basically cannot keep from crapping themselves laughing so hard whenever Rondo takes a shot.

Rondo passes up layups to get assists because he cannot finish and the idea that he may end up at the foul line scares him more than the Ghost of Christmas Future.........

There is no more overrated player in the leauge - give at least a dozen other point guards in the league the same 4 hall of famers to play with and they would absolutely not miss a beat and in many cases get a lot better - as evidenced by the fact they have a higher winning % without him than with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Attention Celtics are not undefeated without Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Attention Celtics are not undefeated without Rondo : Who said they were?  They lost by 1 point otherwise they would be undefeated without Rondo.  Their winning percentage without Rondo is higher than with Rondo.... and according to Cedric Maxwell "no offense to Rondo, the ball movement is much better without him and he tends to dominate the ball".....  Imagine they are only averaging less than a half an assist less without Rondo and Rondo gets his assists simply by being the last person to touch the ball prior to the basket being scored.  This means that he handles the ball too much and passes only when it finally benefits him and causes the offense to be stagnant as is widely discussed among the experts. Rondo has almost no role other than to ensure that the offense is bogged down, that the defense sags off of him, doubles off him, and sags into the lane.  And basically cannot keep from crapping themselves laughing so hard whenever Rondo takes a shot. Rondo passes up layups to get assists because he cannot finish and the idea that he may end up at the foul line scares him more than the Ghost of Christmas Future......... There is no more overrated player in the leauge - give at least a dozen other point guards in the league the same 4 hall of famers to play with and they would absolutely not miss a beat and in many cases get a lot better - as evidenced by the fact they have a higher winning % without him than with him.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge don't agree with you. But of course you know better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Celtics may not be undefeated without Rondo, but it's quite obvious that the offense is in shambles without him. We can't and probably won't go on winning games through sheer grit and perseverance. We need him back soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Attention Celtics are not undefeated without Rondo : Who said they were?  They lost by 1 point otherwise they would be undefeated without Rondo.  Their winning percentage without Rondo is higher than with Rondo.... and according to Cedric Maxwell "no offense to Rondo, the ball movement is much better without him and he tends to dominate the ball".....  Imagine they are only averaging less than a half an assist less without Rondo and Rondo gets his assists simply by being the last person to touch the ball prior to the basket being scored.  This means that he handles the ball too much and passes only when it finally benefits him and causes the offense to be stagnant as is widely discussed among the experts. Rondo has almost no role other than to ensure that the offense is bogged down, that the defense sags off of him, doubles off him, and sags into the lane.  And basically cannot keep from crapping themselves laughing so hard whenever Rondo takes a shot. Rondo passes up layups to get assists because he cannot finish and the idea that he may end up at the foul line scares him more than the Ghost of Christmas Future......... There is no more overrated player in the leauge - give at least a dozen other point guards in the league the same 4 hall of famers to play with and they would absolutely not miss a beat and in many cases get a lot better - as evidenced by the fact they have a higher winning % without him than with him.

bla bla bla   Cut and Paste

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

DUDDER and Puddin are garbage as far as posters here go

The 'attention' should be brought to what clowns and loser fans they are and real celtics fans should just ignore them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics may not be undefeated without Rondo, but it's quite obvious that the offense is in shambles without him. We can't and probably won't go on winning games through sheer grit and perseverance. We need him back soon.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say we are in shambles.  Just because we squeeked by Philly?   We did the same when he was playing.  Overall the offense has been fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Haven't been watching but I'm just assuming here that Nate Robinson doesn't bring  the same level of hustle or defence to the team that Rondo does?

Don't really get the hate the for the guy at all. Must have upset 3 or 4 of the posters here though.

Besides having a better middle name Cornelius, I don't see how Nate is better than Rondo. I guess Rondo hasn't won a slam dunk contest? However I don't see Nate getting on the all defensive teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Haven't been watching but I'm just assuming here that Nate Robinson doesn't bring  the same level of hustle or defence to the team that Rondo does? Don't really get the hate the for the guy at all. Must have upset 3 or 4 of the posters here though. Besides having a better middle name Cornelius , I don't see how Nate is better than Rondo. I guess Rondo hasn't won a slam dunk contest? However I don't see Nate getting on the all defensive teams.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

While Nate's defense has actually improved since the Knick days he is not a pt guard.  He can be explosive offensively but he is not a pt guard.  Of course we got guys around here who think he should start instead of Rondo.  I think if we were undefeated we would still have posters posting insane trade ideas,  suggesting that the know how to run a team better than Doc,  pointing out every negative that they can find.  Unbelievable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

Is the number of games Rondo has missed really a good enough sampling to compare to the larger 'games played' number?

I mean, when we won 1 game with Rondo sitting, you could argue that our winning percentage was 100% without him right then, but isn't that a poor representation?

Or are you just using a stat to back up your agenda vs. Rondo?

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

WOW!  Guess how many games we have WON without Perkins?  85% of them this year.  Is that possible? Sure it is.  That's what's called depth.  OOPS!

Fans yell that we lost game # 7 because we lost Perk  We lost game # 7 because we had no depth. 

If Delonte were healthy, we would have a back-up PG.  That's why we signed him.  Nate is no PG />  PP and Ray have boosted their assists to cover for Rondo.

One place we have a depth problem is Small Forward.  PP goes down and we have have what?  Von Wafer???  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

I hate to say this but Dudder is absolutely right.Rondo is over rated,he used to be a good defender but now he terrible  playing d and he handle  the ball way too much,other players dont get in the rhythm because they hardly touch the ball. I like it a lot,i don't think they would win 14 straight with rondo in the line up. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is a good player, but he has some weaknesses for sure. We are 14-1 without him. He is not as essential as some people think. I think as long as we have Shaq and the Big Three, we will be fine.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Rondo has played 20 games.  Where are you getting 14 and 1?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is a good player, but he has some weaknesses for sure. We are 14-1 without him. He is not as essential as some people think. I think as long as we have Shaq and the Big Three, we will be fine.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Kirk, you were the one who was saying they are undefeated without Rondo. They score way easier,with Rondo playing. They scored 102 in Philly with a 75percent Rondo and only score 84 in Boston against them ,without him. 
    Rondo adjustes to his teammates,instead of making them adjust to him.
    The Celtics are winning ,without him,because K.G. has been better then anyone thought possible. Shaq has fit right in like I predicted he would. Davis has continued his play from the finals,and played even better. Robinson has found his role on the team. Marquis has as well, and Erden has been an awesome fill in for Shaq and the wuss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE] How is that remotely possible with someone that many idiots would consider an elite point guard?

He is considered elite by many because he is a very good against weak teams where his flaws tend to be hidden.

Against stronger teams, he begins to have his problems in the half court game.

The C's being a very elite team.... play mostly weaker teams.

This works to Rondo's advantage.

If Rondo played for a .500 team, he would likely not be considered elite by anyone.

Surrounded by a lot of talent, he can be very impressive. Take away that talent and Rondo really struggles.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

You people are nuts...have you forgotten about all the playoff games RONDO has starred in ?

This is the most unique NBA player since Jason Kidd.

If Allen Iverson weren't such a mental case, he'd be Rajon Rondo...

He's up there in the top 3-5 floor general's in the NBA

What does he have to do to convince you people he even belongs on an NBA roster ?

If he were on the open market this offseason, he might get $30M more than his current deal.

All this irrational negativity and b*tching is the reason people move away from New England and the rest of the country can't stand your assses....

GET WELL RONDO !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

you guys that continue to bash rondo and say hes not important are dumb..lets try to beat the mavs, spurs, heat or lakers without rondo...RIDICULOUS. havent you seen how we have been struggling night in night out? yes we are winning, but our offense is clearly not in the same rhythmn. u dont see ray taking 6 threept attempts nemore, bc they arent getting it right. teams are killing us off of pick and rolls alllllll game. granted the last couple of games, an INJURED rondo wasnt doing very well in it either. wait till he comes back, hopefully HEALTHY. better yet, wait till the playoffs, wen he shows up. then youll say.."duh..oh yea."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Rondo has played 20 out of 27 games. How are we 14-1 without him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Attention Celtics are not undefeated without Rondo : They win without Rondo because they are not playing 3 against 5.  Everyone on the floor with a green uniform is a threat to score while when Rondo and Perk play, it is 3 against 5. KG has not been better than anyone could have expected - he is simply healthy and inspired.  Pierce has been the player that has stepped up and become the point forward. Let's all just try to imagine that Delonte West being healthy and the Cs would be completely dominant every night no matter what.  A guy that can shoot from anywhere and play defense and does not disappear in the half court set - he is actually an option whereas Rondo is hiding in the corner thinking please good gosh don't pass the ball back to me because not only can I not finish but I cannot make a jumper or foul shots, just someone please make a shot before it cycles back to me and GD why didn't the first guy I passed it to score so that I could get the assist - otherwise what the heck am I doing out here? Please someone with any actual respectable understanding of basketball please please just please explain to me how the Cs would be worse off with Gilbert Arenas making jumpers everywhere, getting into the lane, and making 90% of his freebies and obtw taking lots and lots of pressure off the actual BIG 3. So when all is said and one the Cs are 2 points away from being undefeated without Rondo but with Rondo they needed to go to overtime against several teams and barely beat the Knicks by 4 points early on. Of course in year 5 he still is an offense defense substitution.  How is that remotely possible with someone that many idiots would consider an elite point guard?

Cut and Paste. Same old song and dance.  Used to say the same about Delonte and now your using Delonte in your argument against Rondo.  You are troll trash at its best.  Merry Christmas  (If trolls have it)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]you guys that continue to bash rondo and say hes not important are dumb..lets try to beat the mavs, spurs, heat or lakers without rondo...RIDICULOUS. havent you seen how we have been struggling night in night out? yes we are winning, but our offense is clearly not in the same rhythmn. u dont see ray taking 6 threept attempts nemore, bc they arent getting it right. teams are killing us off of pick and rolls alllllll game. granted the last couple of games, an INJURED rondo wasnt doing very well in it either. wait till he comes back, hopefully HEALTHY. better yet, wait till the playoffs, wen he shows up. then youll say.."duh..oh yea."
    Posted by Jamez+Hill[/QUOTE]

The Celtics may be "struggling" not because We don't have Rondo out there but because we don't have a PG out there.

We need a PG. His name does not have to be Rondo.

With this lineup up of HOFers, a very average(but fundamentally solid)  PG like DWest and the C's don't miss a beat.

If we are "struggling" its more because our BUPG  is injured and not available for service.

A plain Vanilla PG would do us just fine. We don't need Tutti Frutti.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

Well, you got the bonus plan, honey!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

And why is your opinion any thing worth noting. Why don't you give us your curriculum vitae and sports experience so we can see why your Rondo and Perk hating should have some relevance. You are a one tune poster. Boring.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Attention Celtics are not undefeated without Rondo : I wouldn't say we are in shambles.  Just because we squeeked by Philly?   We did the same when he was playing.  Overall the offense has been fine.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]Today's loss at Orlando proves my point. The team couldn't get it's offense in gear in the second half. Nate can't handle the point  so Doc had to delegate this chore to PP and also experiment with Bradley.