Austin Rivers leaving Duke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Austin Rivers leaving Duke

...and he's hired an agent.

Well let the fun begin. Do the C's start to tank it or is Doc lobbying Ainge on how to move up and get him?

I think a #1 and a future #1 may get it done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke

Not surprised, but don't you think we need to address our GLARING weakness at Center, first?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Boston is what a 1/2 game out of first place and the idea of "tanking it" is still thrown out among Celtics fans?

My thread about this was spot on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Austin Rivers leaving Duke:
    [QUOTE]...and he's hired an agent. Well let the fun begin. Do the C's start to tank it or is Doc lobbying Ainge on how to move up and get him? I think a #1 and a future #1 may get it done.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

As a die hard Celtic fan, I would hope that they never tank a season. Play with heart, play with pride, CELTIC PRIDE!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Bias - for the record, I dont' want us to be in the lottery........I think we can win the Division, and I think we are the 3rd best team in the East.  I also believe we can beat either CHI OR MIA, but not both!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Celtics dont need to tank to have a shot at rivers.... Especially with two first rounders Center is a huge need of course but the draft isnt chalk full on centers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke:
    [QUOTE]Celtics dont need to tank to have a shot at rivers.... Especially with two first rounders Center is a huge need of course but the draft isnt chalk full on centers
    Posted by Rebels345209[/QUOTE]

You are right, the center position is always at a premium.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Of coure, according to the Great and Powerfull Dudder, all "good" centers are GONE by #10!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i seriously doubt we'd draft rivers anyway. why does anyone think that doc wants to coach his son? or that austin wants to play for his dad? other than he is a talented player, i can't see one good thing that would come of us drafting rivers. in fact, i can think of a bunch of reasons why it'd be a bad idea from a chemestry standpoint.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I guess my point is with us sitting at the 7th seed and with the Clippers fading a bit and with 2 first round picks it's not out the question that Ainge/Doc may want Rivers.

Look let's think about if Doc wasn't Austin's dad. So with Ray's contract expiring and the C's needing a SG who else is a out there that is entering the draft as a SG?

I'm not saying just lose games on purpose but as the C's stand right now if they have one injury or go on a mini losing streak or the NY get real hot we could be looking at the lottery. We aren't one of the top 4 seeds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

How about Mayo or Gordon or Nick Young??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Celtics dont need to tank to have a shot at rivers.... Especially with two first rounders Center is a huge need of course but the draft isnt chalk full on centers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke : You are right, the center position is always at a premium.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

Don't tell that to the fans in oakland...man!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]...and he's hired an agent. Well let the fun begin. Do the C's start to tank it or is Doc lobbying Ainge on how to move up and get him? I think a #1 and a future #1 may get it done.

Class organizations, winners, competitors don't tank.   LOSERS tank.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]i seriously doubt we'd draft rivers anyway. why does anyone think that doc wants to coach his son? or that austin wants to play for his dad? other than he is a talented player, i can't see one good thing that would come of us drafting rivers. in fact, i can think of a bunch of reasons why it'd be a bad idea from a chemestry standpoint.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

thank YOU. someone is smart on this board..i mean, come on. this would be a disaster, and neither River's wants this to happen. 

ftr, he is projected at like 15-18. no need to move up to grab him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

if you have ever been coached by your dad or you have coached your own children, you know that it is certainly not always an easy situation for either the coach or the kid.

i guess that it could work, but chances are against doc and his son doing well together with the celtics

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

im gunna go out on a limb and say there is a zero percent chance of this happening. if it happens ill never post again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Boston is what a 1/2 game out of first place and the idea of "tanking it" is still thrown out among Celtics fans? My thread about this was spot on.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Watch the way the Celtics play out this season and then you'll realize how "spot off" your misplaced desire to be a nuisance toward Celtic fans (nice goal) and criticize a basketball team that doesn't even know you exist is.

Save your retort that as long as someone posts it, you are relevant.  All that's relevant is what the Celtics do.  And they are clearly staying in the fight, whatever the outcome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke : thank YOU. someone is smart on this board..i mean, come on. this would be a disaster, and neither River's wants this to happen.  ftr, he is projected at like 15-18. no need to move up to grab him.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Agree.  if it where to happen, it would be a few years down the road.  The kid isn't going to want to be under his father's thumb.  Let him learn the NBA game somewhere else, and then, if it is a good fit, the celts will have an inside track on him when he becomes a free agent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke :  Agree.  if it where to happen, it would be a few years down the road.  The kid isn't going to want to be under his father's thumb.  Let him learn the NBA game somewhere else, and then, if it is a good fit, the celts will have an inside track on him when he becomes a free agent.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

i honestly dont think he is ever gunna play for his father..he is gunna wanna live his own NBA life, make bad decisions and not have to answer to his dad the next day..nobody wants that haha..plus hes not gunna want the headache of people saying hes only getting pt bc the coach is his dad, or vice versa..not gunna happen

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

It is unlikely to happen but there of course is a chance, even of it is very small

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

according to Doc, Austin hasnt even decided yet:

via Twitter,
    Doc Rivers on if Austin decided to go pro: "Not yet. He really hasn’t. I heard the reports, but he hasn’t decided anything yet."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Funny stuff!  Wonder why Doc said prior to tonight's game against Philly that his son hasn't decided yet?  He may very well desire to make himself eligible for this years draft....more rumors.  lololol 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]according to Doc, Austin hasnt even decided yet: via Twitter, Doc Rivers on if Austin decided to go pro: "Not yet. He really hasn’t. I heard the reports, but he hasn’t decided anything yet."

Hubie Brown said it's based on draft position.  They want to see who is the position to draft him....he's coming out, no doubt!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]according to Doc, Austin hasnt even decided yet: via Twitter, Doc Rivers on if Austin decided to go pro: "Not yet. He really hasn’t. I heard the reports, but he hasn’t decided anything yet."

I believe he should stay in college for another year.  

Sections
Shortcuts