Austin Rivers leaving Duke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke

Austin could very well slide down to the celtics pick. What will be really interesting is if he is there, will the C's pass on him. That would be something that would be debated for a long time

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Whats all the excitement for Austin Rivers? Hes not ready for the NBA imo and will be a project for a couple years minimum.

I doubt hes a very high pick.... but Doc's ego would make him#1 in the draft ...

btw, Docs rotation has killed the Celtics...in a packed schedule like this year and old bodies, why the heck does he shorten the rotation like hes already in the playoffs playing only his best players??? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

He is right around the top 9-14 pick if he came out 2012. The money is gauanteed top 10 pick. He is ready. Celtics need to package the first two rounders to get Austin. The stars are alinging for Dr to draft his kid...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

He is overrated

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke:
    He is right around the top 9-14 pick if he came out 2012. The money is gauanteed top 10 pick. He is ready. Celtics need to package the first two rounders to get Austin. The stars are alinging for Dr to draft his kid...
    Posted by beavis

austin rivers is NOT going to play for the celtics as long as his father is the coach!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I agree we should not draft him - we should go after a big guy and sign a Mayo or Gordon or Young.
    The only exception to this would be if we sign Hibbert or Kaman.....then we would need a stud 2 guard, hopefully keeping Ray OR Pietrus as sniper off the bench!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke : Come on, Red, we should at all cost draft Austin Rivers. I mean it would be like Shane McMahon and Vince McMahon in Beantown. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yes is would - but don't forget Shane left the company on bad terms - couldn't get along with the boss......ha ha

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke : Exactly! We need both father and son for the drama. To see who leaves first. I mean come on, you really think we will win another championship in the next 5 years?  The Celts need to keep us excited about something.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Well, I'm hoping - Bryant will be out of the league, and the MIA 3 will be on the last years of their contracts.  MeBron will probably burn bridges in MIA then head to LA to follow Bryant!!
    OKC will still be good, as will CHI- but YES, I certainly hope we will competing for a title five years from now - I dont' need any more drama in my life!!  They are making entire threads about me now!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Whats all the excitement for Austin Rivers? Hes not ready for the NBA imo and will be a project for a couple years minimum. I doubt hes a very high pick.... but Doc's ego would make him#1 in the draft ... btw, Docs rotation has killed the Celtics...in a packed schedule like this year and old bodies, why the heck does he shorten the rotation like hes already in the playoffs playing only his best players??? 
    Posted by Karllost

You could not be more right.  Why is the question that never gets answered.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke : The only way we could compete for a title in 5 years is if we get DH. If not then it's going to take at least 8 years.  The Lakers are the fastest to reach the Finals from one generation to another. In 1991 it was Magic Johnson who last went to the Finals from the showtime era. Then it was Shaq who carried the Lakers to another Finals appearance in 2000. No other team has done it faster. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Agree 100%.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Posted by beavis

Yeah, and how often have the projection experts been wrong?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Pleaseeee, DA and Doc have pan fried the starters.  Can't think of any other coach that has played his reg's waaaay tooooo muuuuch!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke : You could not be more right.  Why is the question that never gets answered.
    Posted by concord27

respectfully disagree!!  Our bench has under-performed all year - we have the second lowest-scoring bench in the league.  When we've had injuries to our starters (except JON), the bench has been even worse.  This is a direct result of the injury to Jeff Green.  He was supposed to be our stud off the bench.  Our guy to get us 15, not make mistakes, and keep PP fresh.  His injury, more than anything else, killed us this year!!  Doc cannot play a bench that gives him nothing AND try to win the game at the same time - sorry, but that is my opinion!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke : austin rivers is NOT going to play for the celtics as long as his father is the coach!!
    Posted by kaktug

That is probably the safest prediction in the upcoming draft.

Anyone who saw a few Duke games this year knows Rivers is at least a year or two away from being ready for the NBA.  Add to that the fact that he hasn't actually decided and the statement from Ainge and Rivers that they would hope he's gone before the Celtics draft so they wouldn't be presented with that situation...

We need a center and a reliable shooting guard first and there will be several of each still available through the first round and even into the second.  This is the deepest draft in years.  No need to take a project type player, no matter who's kid he is.

Regards

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude73401. Show okdude73401's posts

i dont think he's that good!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Not surprised, but don't you think we need to address our GLARING weakness at Center, first?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Exactly get a lesser player at a position of need as opposed to adding a player that can potentially be a star, this is especially important if you will be in the lottery for the forseeable future......  you watch basketball, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Austin is a good player with potential, but I wouldn't use a lottery pick on him.

If we're gonna tank it, let's tank it for Anthony Davis or Jared Sullinger.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Austin is a good player with potential, but I wouldn't use a lottery pick on him.
    Posted by LloydDobler

When every player that is available to you in the draft is better than the player you have in that position, you draft him...... that is the positions the Cs will be in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke : When every player that is available to you in the draft is better than the player you have in that position, you draft him...... that is the positions the Cs will be in.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

No idea what you're saying.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke : No idea what you're saying.
    Posted by LloydDobler

he is saying that every player in the draft is better than Rajon Rondo..just a typical Dudder statement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

In Response to Re: Austin Rivers leaving Duke : When every player that is available to you in the draft is better than the player you have in that position, you draft him...... that is the positions the Cs will be in.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

The Dudder is still around; simply amazing.

Every once in a great while I like to check back in and see what's going on over here at this site, but I would never have guessed Dudder would still be here.

Still spreading all that positive energy and eternal sunshine too...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Austin will be hard to cover in the NBA with his spasmodic movements, which allows him to get to the rim at will.

With the "hand-check" gone from the NBA this will even more will help his transition from Duke to the NBA.

Problem is he is not a true point and little to small for shooting guard.

He's fun to watch weather its Duke or NBA.

Sections
Shortcuts