Avery Bradley - D League bound

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Avery Bradley - D League bound

I'm sorry, but this guy has D League written all over him.  Still can't dribble/shoot or create a play.  Why does Tommy like him so much!?  His D is pretty good, but he reaches alot which leaves him susceptable to cheap fouls. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound

In Response to Avery Bradley - D League bound:

[QUOTE]I'm sorry, but this guy has D League written all over him.  Still can't dribble/shoot or create a play.  Why does Tommy like him so much!?  His D is pretty good, but he reaches alot which leaves him susceptable to cheap fouls. 

Posted by rbrock911[/QUOTE]

-

And good riddance to him.

-

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It actually is not great that Tommy likes him.  Walter and Scal are not good track record.  He should be cut if he is not a 1st rounder with gauranteed contract.  Gilbert Brown might be the better player to keep at this point.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i think bradley is a comer. circumstances last year and this have put him at a disadvantage. more patience needed. switch will flip. maybe even before much longer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound:

[QUOTE]i think bradley is a comer. circumstances last year and this have put him at a disadvantage. more patience needed. switch will flip. maybe even before much longer.

Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

-

I pull for every player to succeed, and I have pulled for Bradley.  But I have seen enough.  I just don't think he has NBA stuff.  I'm going more on body language and intuition than anything else (though his performance has not impressed me), and I've been wrong before, and I hope I'm wrong about Bradley and that he really helps the Celtics this season, but at this point, and even Tommy and Donny see it, he has stiff competition from a rookie who looks like he belongs right now.

-

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound : - I pull for every player to succeed, and I have pulled for Bradley.  But I have seen enough.  I just don't think he has NBA stuff.  I'm going more on body language and intuition than anything else (though his performance has not impressed me), and I've been wrong before, and I hope I'm wrong about Bradley and that he really helps the Celtics this season, but at this point, and even Tommy and Donny see it, he has stiff competition from a rookie who looks like he belongs right now. -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

uve seen enough early in his second season when he barely played his rookie season? jeez...glad ur not a gm..give the guy a chance..he was taking good shots with confidence tonite, they werent falling. Doc has always said its about taking good shots, if ur taking good shots, eventually they will fall. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Avery s/b a junior in college, while Twan played an entire 4 years. Avery needs a coachwillingto develop him. A change of scenery would do him good. But in the right environment, he could become a star. Remember when Chauncey B was here? He was very rough around the edges and could not shoot at all. Takes time. Avery is talented enough. The mental part needs time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i remember when we didn't give billups enough of a chance...and j. johnson...and b. wallace...

this is actually the year to give all the youngsters as much of a chance to develop as we can. we're not going to win a title this year, so we need to develop what we have going forward. this year is a tryout year for guys like bradley.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]Avery s/b a junior in college, while Twan played an entire 4 years. Avery needs a coachwillingto develop him. A change of scenery would do him good. But in the right environment, he could become a star. Remember when Chauncey B was here? He was very rough around the edges and could not shoot at all. Takes time. Avery is talented enough. The mental part needs time.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

That's not true. When Billups was a rookie, shooting was one of his strengths. It was his PG skills that was rough around the edges. 

Avery Bradley was never a shooter. Not in college and certainly not in the NBA. And at 6'2" he's too small to be a SG in the NBA.

Ainge gambled on Bradley, it didn't work out, time to move on. 

Investing on a 6'2" SG who can't shoot is waste of time IMO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]i remember when we didn't give billups enough of a chance...and j. johnson...and b. wallace... this is actually the year to give all the youngsters as much of a chance to develop as we can. we're not going to win a title this year, so we need to develop what we have going forward. this year is a tryout year for guys like bradley.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

How do you know we're not going to win a title this year?

Last season nobody expected the Spurs to be the #1 seed in the west and the Mavs would end up the champs. The season hasn't even started yet, let's at least give this team up to the trade deadline before proclaiming they can or cannot win a championship this season. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I don't see any comparison with Billups or Joe Johnson.  Billups actually started and played a lot his rookie year, same with Joe Johnson.  Sorry, Bradley does not look like he will have any chance of doing something soon or maybe ever.  Waiting is not something a NBA team has luxury of doing, Moore looks like he is going to be higher in the depth chart and he probably is deep at the end of the bench.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bradley doesn't look like an NBA-ready scorer -- yet.  The good news is he can get his own shot by taking guys off the dribble and he can defend.  That's half the battle.  I think he needs playing time, and whether he can get it here is anyone's guess. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How do we fit Bradley and Moore on the same roster?  We can't, one is headed for the D league and it should be Bradley.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley - D League bound : We can always trade Bradley.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

what would you trade for him?