Avery Bradley D League Stats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Avery Bradley D League Stats

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley D League Stats:
    [QUOTE]Whats all the interest in AB anyway? 
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Duh, he is a Celtic

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley D League Stats : Duh, he is a Celtic
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Duh, no hes not...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley D League Stats : Duh, no hes not...

Who pays him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]Whats all the interest in AB anyway? Does he have potential to be a legit NBA player?? Who the heck knows. From what Ive seen, he doesnt belong in the NBA. Can he get better? Yes... I can get better too with practice... Thing is, lets be honest, he hasnt shown very much in the opportunities hes had. In fact, hes looked pretty bad. Now hes in the D league.. Expect him to become a memory with the Celtics imo. 

#2 high school prospect in the country a short two years ago...  He's overmatched on this level right now,  but one never knows...  be patient. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley D League Stats : Biggest difference is you could tell Rondo was a PT guard.  

Bradley was the number two rated high school player in the country.  He is a tweener and does not have inate point guard skills and is likely too small and not a good enough shooter yet to play the 2 guard.  That said his coach was a point guard and there is not one cell in my body that does not think that Bradley could not be as good as Rondo in a couple of years.  Most thought Chauncey Billups would never be a good point guard and slick Rick moved Billups as soon as was possible and Billups led the Pistons to a title and has been an all-star and so on and so forth.  I think he may have even won a world championship this year with the USA team.

There are any number of players in the leauge who flaunt their rings and had very little to do with it (i.e. Rondo taunting Chris Paul - Rondo will never ever ever be the play Paul is but was lucky enough to play with 3 hall of famers) and there are players who will never have rings but are better than most and I believe Bradley could be the Billups type eventually.  He is an NBA ready defender, a decent shooter, and is not afraid to shoot - maybe that is his problem - if he was afraid to shoot like Rondo, maybe he would shoot a higher percentage.  He is not Ben Gordon - a tweener that will make tons of money because he can shoot but he may eventually be a tweener like Billups who knows how to play, will become a better shooter, and with athleticism and grit will become a good point guard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley D League Stats : Who pays him?

I dont know, do you?

I know the Boston Celtics pay lots of people, that doesnt make them a Celtic. When was the last time you heard someone point out Danny Ainges secretary and say "Hey, there goes a Boston Celtic"??

AB plays in the D League, like 100's of other players. Hes not wearing a Celtic uniform. Nobody else on AB's D League team is referred to as a Boston Celtic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley D League Stats : I dont know, do you? I know the Boston Celtics pay lots of people, that doesnt make them a Celtic. When was the last time you heard someone point out Danny Ainges secretary and say "Hey, there goes a Boston Celtic"?? AB plays in the D League, like 100's of other players. Hes not wearing a Celtic uniform. Nobody else on AB's D League team is referred to as a Boston Celtic.

Call me crazy / optimistic - there will be a time when we are happy that Avery is a Celtic.  Aren't there pitchers who appear to be on the brink of making a big splash in the big leagues but go to triple A to get their innings as opposed to playing for the big league team and never get a chance to pitch (Clay Buchholz)?

Let him play in the d-league, get his minutes, learn the game, get some good coaching, and then next year come up and be the back up point guard.

Danny has only had a couple of opportunities to add legit talent in both cases traded the picks - traded a pick for Telfair and traded a pick to get Ray Allen.

He has had NO other opportunities to get a good player, so let's see how AB develops and let's hope for us Cs fans that he does because they have no future otherwise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley D League Stats : Call me crazy / optimistic - there will be a time when we are happy that Avery is a Celtic.  Aren't there pitchers who appear to be on the brink of making a big splash in the big leagues but go to triple A to get their innings as opposed to playing for the big league team and never get a chance to pitch (Clay Buchholz)? Let him play in the d-league, get his minutes, learn the game, get some good coaching, and then next year come up and be the back up point guard. Danny has only had a couple of opportunities to add legit talent in both cases traded the picks - traded a pick for Telfair and traded a pick to get Ray Allen. He has had NO other opportunities to get a good player, so let's see how AB develops and let's hope for us Cs fans that he does because they have no future otherwise.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

AB may develop but you can say that about almost any young player. Whenever he does develop (if) it will be too late to help this team out before it breaks up.

By the looks of our drafts the past few years, its unlikely the youngins ever get a shot with the big boys unless everyone is injured. That has happened and AB was a disaster. Look at the last ew drafts, where are all those players that had all this potential?

Hey, Im hoping AB gets to be a good player.. he may help us out a few years down the road when we're rebuilding or maybe signing a couple big time FA's for another run