Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog!

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog!:
    In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : I watched Rondo play when he was a rookie. And I can say for sure that Rondo DID NOT play like Avery Bradley.
    Posted by P34

I agree with the comments that we are overreacting. It was one game, the kids made some mistakes, and so did the rest of the bench.  He played aggressive and with more confidence.  That's the first step.

And yes - Perk and Rondo both looked HORRIBLE when they started out.  I've seen a number of players that way.   I am a Georgetown fan.  I saw Roy Hibbert play about 6 years ago.  he couldn't catch a basketball nor run without falling down.  He was laughable.  Not, he's a pretty darn good center in the NBA.  While I wish Danny had drafted Anderson, I don't think this kid is a total mistake.  he's showing progress and developing, like Perk, Rondo, and others who start off slow and grow into the role.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : WAAAAY to premature. He is a rookie. Sometimes theytake a while to develope. I'd wait a year or three before I said that with any certainty. 
    Posted by jtkl

It's all about mentality. When the Celts got Perk when Perk was 19 years old we knew it would take time. We also knew that Perk was going to be a Center and not a PF. What the Celts are trying to do with Bradley is convert him from a college SG to an NBA PG. But Bradley just doesn't have the brain of a PG.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : I agree with the comments that we are overreacting. It was one game, the kids made some mistakes, and so did the rest of the bench.  He played aggressive and with more confidence.  That's the first step. And yes - Perk and Rondo both looked HORRIBLE when they started out.  I've seen a number of players that way.   I am a Georgetown fan.  I saw Roy Hibbert play about 6 years ago.  he couldn't catch a basketball nor run without falling down.  He was laughable.  Not, he's a pretty darn good center in the NBA.  While I wish Danny had drafted Anderson, I don't think this kid is a total mistake.  he's showing progress and developing, like Perk, Rondo, and others who start off slow and grow into the role.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I'm not overreacting. I saw every preseason and regular season game that Bradley played in this year. Bradley didn't just make those mistakes against the Suns. Every game he's played he always shoots when he thinks he's open.

No matter how hard we try to convert a pig into a cow, in the end the pig will always be a pig.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I wish we had kept Luke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : I'm not overreacting. I saw every preseason and regular season game that Bradley played in this year. Bradley didn't just make those mistakes against the Suns. Every game he's played he always shoots when he thinks he's open. No matter how hard we try to convert a pig into a cow, in the end the pig will always be a pig.
    Posted by P34

Hmmm.  I watched every game except a few pre-season games that I couldn't get.  What I saw was a kid who was timid and a deer in the headlights.  he was afraid to shoot and made a lot of ball handling mistakes.  he didn't get to shoot in the games I saw.   

We just see it differently.  You don't see any improvement at all, huh?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : Hmmm.  I watched every game except a few pre-season games that I couldn't get.  What I saw was a kid who was timid and a deer in the headlights.  he was afraid to shoot and made a lot of ball handling mistakes.  he didn't get to shoot in the games I saw.    We just see it differently.  You don't see any improvement at all, huh?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I have watched every game also.  I don't remember him hardly shooting at all earlier.  Matter of fact I didn't know if he could shoot or not because he threw the ball to someone after mid court and ran to the corner.  Was not agressive at all.  That part has changed some, even though the results haven't

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

He is not close , we should have Luke.  Bradlely is years away and will likely never be a point and too small for anything else.  Danny does good but this is his worst first round pick, if we are trying to win now and we are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I think there is no doubt that he isn't ready to play now. I did see him play live in the NBDL and he played with confidence and looked skilled out there.  I would say that he is probably a bust but you have to give him another year to know for sure.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : Hmmm.  I watched every game except a few pre-season games that I couldn't get.  What I saw was a kid who was timid and a deer in the headlights.  he was afraid to shoot and made a lot of ball handling mistakes.  he didn't get to shoot in the games I saw.    We just see it differently.  You don't see any improvement at all, huh?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Improvement or not the 2nd unit will suffer if he continues to play like the way he did against the Suns. He's supposed to be in there to run show, not score all the points by himself. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : I'm not overreacting. I saw every preseason and regular season game that Bradley played in this year. Bradley didn't just make those mistakes against the Suns. Every game he's played he always shoots when he thinks he's open. No matter how hard we try to convert a pig into a cow, in the end the pig will always be a pig.
    Posted by P34

You are not overreacting??

You've personally responded and insulted anyone who dared show an opinion that did not fall lock-step with your view of Celtics basketball.

By the way, with all that knowledge, which team do you run and what is their record?  Have you drafted anybody better than Bradley in the last few years?

Didn't think so!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He is a first round pick so he will have some more rope but some of us are just questioning the wisdom in choosing this guy with our 1st round pick.  I have seen several second round picks that came in with a lot more game than him.  Obviously we did not see him in high school but his college record was at best mediocre.  Maybe he came out too soon, or maybe he is just taking advantage of his stellar high school reputation, but my sense is that he does not have the makeup to be either PG and way too small and not enough shooting ability to be an effective SG.

I just really have had it with these McDonald All Americans that Ainge had such a terrible time selecting especially the ones who have done almost nothing after their high school years while so many more accomplished college players are still on the board (except for Al Jeff).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think there is no doubt that he isn't ready to play now. I did see him play live in the NBDL and he played with confidence and looked skilled out there.  I would say that he is probably a bust but you have to give him another year to know for sure.  
    Posted by Icon11

He will get another year, that's for sure. 

Notice in the D-League he also averaged 4 turnovers per game.

Avery Bradley can get away with poor decision making in the D-League because his athletic ability is superior to most of the Guards defending him in the D-League. But if you guys saw what Jeff Teague did to Avery Bradley a few months ago then case closed. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : You are not overreacting?? You've personally responded and insulted anyone who dared show an opinion that did not fall lock-step with your view of Celtics basketball. By the way, with all that knowledge, which team do you run and what is their record?  Have you drafted anybody better than Bradley in the last few years? Didn't think so!!
    Posted by dino1980

I don't have to run a team to know that Avery Bradley is not a PG. Any fan watching last night's game against the Suns know that it was a 28-point lead when Bradley came in and it was down to 14 points when he went out.

How about this, you really think the Celtics are 2-0 the last 2 games because of Bradley? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

He is a first round pick so he will have some more rope but some of us are just questioning the wisdom in choosing this guy with our 1st round pick.  I have seen several second round picks that came in with a lot more game than him.  Obviously we did not see him in high school but his college record was at best mediocre.  Maybe he came out too soon, or maybe he is just taking advantage of his stellar high school reputation, but my sense is that he does not have the makeup to be either PG and way too small and not enough shooting ability to be an effective SG. I just really have had it with these McDonald All Americans that Ainge had such a terrible time selecting especially the ones who have done almost nothing after their high school years while so many more accomplished college players are still on the board (except for Al Jeff).
    Posted by scubber

After selecting Avery Bradley with the 19th pick Ainge said they will make him a PG. So much for making an undersized SG in college into an NBA PG.

Everybody was trying to convince Doc to return as coach this season so that the Celts will make another run at the championship. Then Danny Ainge drafted a 19-year old 6-2 SG, hoping he'll become an NBA PG. Go figure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : I don't have to run a team to know that Avery Bradley is not a PG. Any fan watching last night's game against the Suns know that it was a 28-point lead when Bradley came in and it was down to 14 points when he went out. How about this, you really think the Celtics are 2-0 the last 2 games because of Bradley? 
    Posted by P34

Nope, but they aren't 2-0 because of any ONE player either!

The longer you argue your point, the more foolish you look!

It couldn't be that the lead was blown while Doc was trying to work  in some of his new guys.  Murphy missed a layup, does that mean he's garbage? 

You are so hyper-focused on one small stretch of one game, it's really quite sad.  Did this keep you up last night?  Has food lost its taste since that game?

Bradley is a back-up PG/SG at best right now, therefore he's not the guy who will win or lose you games.  What he does need is experience and getting him on the court with a 28 point lead wasn't a bad idea. 

The fact that Bradley and the other 4 players out there, lost 14 points of that lead cannot be blamed on Bradley alone.  That's what you seem to be doing here and in doing so look like a nut!

Besides I don't get your argument, you're mad because a Point Guard held the ball too long.  I'm sorry, but the game of basketball I grew up playing had the Point Guard, guarding the ball and distributing it to other teammates.  If you're saying that he's inexperienced, well you corrected me and pointed out that he's 20, not 19....well I don't see many 20 year olds playing basketball on Rondo or Nash's level. 

Honestly dude, log-off the computer, kiss you Mom goodnight and burn that Avery Bradley poster you ran out and bought the day after the draft because apparently your savior let you down.  If you're still this charged up about it tomorrow, take a walk to the middle of the Bourne Bridge and go for a swim!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : Nope, but they aren't 2-0 because of any ONE player either! The longer you argue your point, the more foolish you look! It couldn't be that the lead was blown while Doc was trying to work  in some of his new guys.  Murphy missed a layup, does that mean he's garbage?  You are so hyper-focused on one small stretch of one game, it's really quite sad.  Did this keep you up last night?  Has food lost its taste since that game? Bradley is a back-up PG/SG at best right now, therefore he's not the guy who will win or lose you games.  What he does need is experience and getting him on the court with a 28 point lead wasn't a bad idea.  The fact that Bradley and the other 4 players out there, lost 14 points of that lead cannot be blamed on Bradley alone.  That's what you seem to be doing here and in doing so look like a nut! Besides I don't get your argument, you're mad because a Point Guard held the ball too long.  I'm sorry, but the game of basketball I grew up playing had the Point Guard, guarding the ball and distributing it to other teammates.  If you're saying that he's inexperienced, well you corrected me and pointed out that he's 20, not 19....well I don't see many 20 year olds playing basketball on Rondo or Nash's level.  Honestly dude, log-off the computer, kiss you Mom goodnight and burn that Avery Bradley poster you ran out and bought the day after the draft because apparently your savior let you down.  If you're still this charged up about it tomorrow, take a walk to the middle of the Bourne Bridge and go for a swim!!
    Posted by dino1980

posted at 3/2/2011 10:50 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/3/2011

Celtics are 2 and 0, with Bradley as the back up point, quit complaining!!

Danny kept Bradley for a reason, give him another year , and than we'll talk!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : Nope, but they aren't 2-0 because of any ONE player either! The longer you argue your point, the more foolish you look! It couldn't be that the lead was blown while Doc was trying to work  in some of his new guys.  Murphy missed a layup, does that mean he's garbage?  You are so hyper-focused on one small stretch of one game, it's really quite sad.  Did this keep you up last night?  Has food lost its taste since that game? Bradley is a back-up PG/SG at best right now, therefore he's not the guy who will win or lose you games.  What he does need is experience and getting him on the court with a 28 point lead wasn't a bad idea.  The fact that Bradley and the other 4 players out there, lost 14 points of that lead cannot be blamed on Bradley alone.  That's what you seem to be doing here and in doing so look like a nut! Besides I don't get your argument, you're mad because a Point Guard held the ball too long.  I'm sorry, but the game of basketball I grew up playing had the Point Guard, guarding the ball and distributing it to other teammates.  If you're saying that he's inexperienced, well you corrected me and pointed out that he's 20, not 19....well I don't see many 20 year olds playing basketball on Rondo or Nash's level.  Honestly dude, log-off the computer, kiss you Mom goodnight and burn that Avery Bradley poster you ran out and bought the day after the draft because apparently your savior let you down.  If you're still this charged up about it tomorrow, take a walk to the middle of the Bourne Bridge and go for a swim!!
    Posted by dino1980

John Wall is 20 years old and he's doing well as a PG.

Again, age is not an excuse!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : John Wall is 20 years old and he's doing well as a PG. Again, age is not an excuse!
    Posted by P34

He's doing well huh?   What's their record again?

Go back to Lakers Universe you loser!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I'm mad because Ainge did it again! Back in 2008 he drafted JR Giddens instead of DeAndre Jordan or Mario Chalmers or Mbah a Moute or even Chris Douglas-Roberts.

In 2010 Ainge did it again by gambling on a 19-year old kid instead of going for the sure thing in James Anderson or Damion James.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : He's doing well huh?   What's their record again? Go back to Lakers Universe you loser!!
    Posted by dino1980

So you're telling us that a player can't do well if he's on a losing team?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"I think they should just shoot him like 'Ole Yeller'.  We shouldn't have to watch him suffer like this.  Its cruel."

Re: Avery Bradley not ready

posted at 10/20/2010 7:29 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=e3ad62f55990bf3c3631ee18bbd90075&plckUserId=e3ad62f55990bf3c3631ee18bbd90075">
    First: 7/6/2009
    Last: 3/3/2011
    In Response to Re: Avery Bradley not ready:
    they should just cut the kid...he played as if he was a rookie, just coming off an injury, just started practicing, and doesn't know all the plays yet...I expected so much more.
    Posted by stillallbost08

I think they should just shoot him like 'Ole Yeller'.  We shouldn't have to watch him suffer like this.  Its cruel.

"If I was being paid thirty-thousand dollars a year, the very least I could do was hit .400." - Ted Williams

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I don't think Avery Bradley is rabid yet. So why shoot him like Old Yeller?

HAHAHA!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillRKG. Show BillRKG's posts

I'm mad because Ainge did it again! Back in 2008 he drafted JR Giddens instead of DeAndre Jordan or Mario Chalmers or Mbah a Moute or even Chris Douglas-Roberts. In 2010 Ainge did it again by gambling on a 19-year old kid instead of going for the sure thing in James Anderson or Damion James.
    Posted by P34

both of those guys stats are inflated b/c of them getting more minutes on bad teams. during the draft they also had daniels then and other forwards whereas there was only one pg.; nate robinson. he's also younger than them. another thing is they needed someone to dribble and pass because allen needs to be running past screens and pierce can post up easier with out the ball. in a couple years the celtics will c if they made the right choice or not

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

This is so funny. Avery Bradley has now gone from a 19-year old kid to becoming Old Yeller!!! 

Rolling On the Floor Laughing!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Hates Ray, hates Avery, now Doink the clown wants Danny fired for drafting him!!  I can't believe you would say that about Danny, after bringing us a title, and just recently with the great trades he has made.  Shame, shame, shame!!!

By the way, you're getting schooled, better quit while you're losing!!  HAHAHAHA!!!

Sections
Shortcuts