Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog!

Bradley entered the game in the 3rd qtr. with 1:50 left and the Celtics were up 91-63. After 3 quarters the Celts lead was down to 19. Every time Bradley gets an opportunity to shoot he takes it. This kid is the 2nd coming of Marcus Banks. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog!

and all we have between him and rondo is doc suiting up.  this is why i would have rather kept robinson around.  at least he was something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I was all smiles watching the game until Bradley started acting like Kobe!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Bradley is a shooting guard and not a point guard, I dont know why Ainge does not get that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Celtics are 2 and 0, with Bradley as the back up point, quit complaining!!

Danny kept Bradley for a reason, give him another year , and than we'll talk!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

and he isn't a shooting gaurd.  He has no shot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! :  Are we 2 and 0 with him as back up point guard or not, A.s.s hole!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

GOT BESTED AGAIN?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : Was it Avery Bradley who made 5 3-pointers against the Jazz? Did Avery Bradley score 28 pts and grabbed 11 rebs. against the Suns? You are showing all the Celtic fans here how dumb you are by saying "we are 2-0 with Bradley as the backup PG!" Does this mean that Avery Bradley is better than Delonte West?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Avery has 26 pts for the year. Shooting 32% from the field and 50% from the line.  No where to go but up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! : Was it Avery Bradley who made 5 3-pointers against the Jazz? Did Avery Bradley score 28 pts and grabbed 11 rebs. against the Suns? You are showing all the Celtic fans here how dumb you are by saying "we are 2-0 with Bradley as the backup PG!" Does this mean that Avery Bradley is better than Delonte West?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

What is our record with Avery Bradley as out back up point guard? He didn't have as many turn overs, as some on the team had tonight!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

Bring on Carlos Arroyo!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog! :  What is our record with Avery Bradley as out back up point guard? He didn't have as many turn overs, as some on the team had tonight!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you said that! 

KG 3 turnovers, 28 pts, 11 rebs, 2 blks - Celts +24 when he was on the court
    Pierce 3 turnovers, 16 pts and 13 rebs - Celts +26 when he was on the court

Bradley 0 turnovers, 2 pts and 0 assists - Celts -15 when he was on the court

Just shows what a moron you are, kyceltic!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its a tough call... ITs really hard to blow a 29 point lead...

Looked like a certain guard on the Suns went off and turned the momentum around.. who's man was that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrue. Show mtrue's posts

Avery is very quick, but he is only semi adept at running the offense.  Too much dribbling - the best thing apoint guard can do is pass to the wing and cut or set a pick -- he should not stand and pound the ball on the floor - but I am sure Doc knows this  - but he wants to encourage Avery to be aggressive offensively.  Love his defense - he is going to be a player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

he's not a ball hog, but he's not a point guard either.

give him time

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]he's not a ball hog, but he's not a point guard either. give him time
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

Give him time for what? Only 20 something games left in season, then playoffs start. AB wont get any playoff minutes unless its a blowout or we have injuries.

At least he looks a little better since coming back from the D league, but thats not saying much. He had nowhere to go but up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gunmen1193. Show gunmen1193's posts

[QUOTE]Its a tough call... ITs really hard to blow a 29 point lead... Looked like a certain guard on the Suns went off and turned the momentum around.. who's man was that?
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]   
    It might have been his man making the shoots but there was no help murphy needed to come and help on screens but he will learn and do you you really want another rondo i think its a good thing avery shoots he will get better

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]Bring on Carlos Arroyo!
    Posted by pinnacle10[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Bradley shoots all the time because he's not good at running the team.  He's just not a point guard.

bring on Arroyo.  Doc is not going to play Bradley in the playoffs anyway if something happens to West.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from derickgrant. Show derickgrant's posts

Which is why Doc hates to play rookies! He doesn't have the time to teach basketball, he's trying to implement a system and balance time/energy/egos/injuries... Plus, young Avery's trying to assert himself among a team full of Vets and H.O.F.'s Hopefully, with time and his surroundings he'll find his way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gunmen1193. Show gunmen1193's posts

im calling it bradly will be a sixth man in a couple years i dont care in no one believes me or not. but i have alot of faith in him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

A PG that's only averaging 0.3 assists per game?

Season high in assists, 2 against New Jersey - Dec. 5, 2010
    Career high in assists, 2 against New Jersey - Dec. 5, 2010

Can you say Marcus Banks Jr.?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I wouldn't say he'a  ball hog, but he rawer than raw and he looks indecisive when he has the ball.  A true PG he is not, it's painful to watch his mind trying to think through things out there.  Some of those terrible shots are not the product of ball hoggery, it's that he finds himself with the ball in his hands with 5 seconds to go on the 24 second clock because being the primary ball handler and distributor is just not intuitive to him.

I'll give him credit on defense.  Even though he is still learning there too you can see that he understands that's why he's on the floor and the effort is certainly there.

Hate to say it, and I know it's really early, but I'm still not all that impressed.  Bradley is a project with a capital P.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't say he'a  ball hog, but he rawer than raw and he looks indecisive when he has the ball.  A true PG he is not, it's painful to watch his mind trying to think through things out there.  I'll give him credit on defense.  Even though he is still learning there too you can see that he understands that's why he's on the floor and the effort is certainly there. Hate to say it, and I know it's really early, but I'm still not all that impressed.  Bradley is a project with a capital P.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Like the Marcus Banks project.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Every time he thinks he's open he shoots! If not a ball hog then a ball piglet!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Banks was a bad miss by Ainge, one of his few.  But like Banks, Bradley will eventually be trade fodder is he doesn't pick up the system. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Think his shooting is more to do with lacking PG skills to run an offense and getting guys the ball in the flow of the offense.  Some of those shots are desperation, oh shti I have to do something here shots.  He is not a pass first guy I'll grant you, and it's not like he's a great slasher either.  He has career bench guy written all over him at this point. 

Sections
Shortcuts