Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog!

"It's not just Doc, it's also Ainge, both are below average at their jobs."

Re: DUMP DOC

posted at 2/28/2010 12:04 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/3/2011

It's not just Doc, it's also Ainge, both are below average at their jobs. If not for our best friend McHale helping Ainge, both he and Doc would have been long gone. Doc is one of the worse coaches in the league, and take away Ray, and KG, Ainge has assembled the worst group of non shooters,non atheltic players i have ever seen on one team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

You're a hypocrite, kyceltic! Shame on you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"Fire Ainge, fire Doc, get a new captain, this ship is sinking."

Re: Doc and coaching staff is the main problem....

posted at 4/10/2010 11:16 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">

Fire Ainge, fire Doc, get a new captain, this ship is sinking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute."

Re: What about Danny Granger?

posted at 2/18/2010 10:47 AM EST

If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute. Granger is a very good player. We just missed out on him in the Draft, the Pacers took him just in front of us, and we were left with Gerald Green. I have to admit at the time i liked it.

We've had a couple disagreements, i don't take it personal,i hope you don't.
     Being from Belgium, i'm going to call you a super Celtic fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is a Ball Hog!:
    I'm mad because Ainge did it again! Back in 2008 he drafted JR Giddens instead of DeAndre Jordan or Mario Chalmers or Mbah a Moute or even Chris Douglas-Roberts. In 2010 Ainge did it again by gambling on a 19-year old kid instead of going for the sure thing in James Anderson or Damion James.
    Posted by P34

P34, this is a fair comment.  We all know Danny is a gambler and many of them didn't work out.  But, the biggest gambles (Rondo, BBD, signing Ray to get Garnett, Jefferson, Perk) have worked out.  He's got a fair record eventhough we have to admit some bonehead draft moves were made.

By the way, that "a pig is still a pig" comment of yours is a little overboard.  The kid is certainly more adaptable and can learn better than an animal, especially a pig.  Comparing him to a pig that can't learn is over the top, my friend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

"Fire Ainge, fire Doc, get a new captain, this ship is sinking." Re: Doc and coaching staff is the main problem.... posted at 4/10/2010 11:16 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406 " /> kyceltic Posts: 1538 First: 2/12/2006 Last: 3/3/2011  Fire Ainge, fire Doc, get a new captain, this ship is sinking.
    Posted by P34

He wanted to fire Doc, Ainge, the Captain (our top threat)?  Unbelievable.  Talk about a fair weather fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dpwstory. Show dpwstory's posts

While I am usually in the "I trust Danny & Doc" camp, I have found it fascinating and a bit irritating that Danny does not seem to respect the notion that Point Guards are Born - Not Made. 

I am convinced after watching the passing wizardry of players like Bird (yes, I know- not a PG), Magic, Kidd & Rondo that there is something inherent in the basketball DNA of a true PG. Leadership, a good handle and the ability know where everyone is (or is going to be) on the floor and to get the ball to your teammates right where they like it best is an art form that cannot be completely replicated in the Lab - no matter how much you try. 

Unfortunately Danny does not agree with this and continues to try and look for athletic small guards that have fallen in the draft (usually due to lack of an outstanding pro skill) that he figures he can simply hand them the ball and sooner or (much, much, much) later he'll have another Chauncy Billups on his hands! Simple! And so much cheaper than one of those Brand Name point guards!

Even after Rondo's obviously special skills and likely upside became clear in that first year or so I don't think Danny was all that sold on his uniqueness. Regardless of talent it is still the hardest position to master in the pro's (Rose & Wall aside), but splitting time with Bassy? That was just showing no respect. 
    I assume in part it had to do with the fact that Rondo wasn't as well rounded as other highly touted PG's and has had to overcome both deficiencies in his game AND maybe more importantly in his stubbornness (from what I've heard). The latter reason may have been Doc's biggest issue - but I'm speculating.

There has been a long list of PG wannabes that have paraded through the gym door since Danny took over. Other than Rondo how many of them looked promising at that position? Most of the time it seems like scary experiments like Tony Allen or Eddie House (to name a couple non-rooks - I don't have too many memories of Doc playing too many of the greenhorns during actual games).

Avery Bradley may get it, may have it or might even get the chance to show it here (but not likely in this season) - only time will tell, but to me it just looks like another case of Dr. Danny tinkering in the Lab.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

While I am usually in the "I trust Danny & Doc" camp, I have found it fascinating and a bit irritating that Danny does not seem to respect the notion that Point Guards are Born - Not Made.  I am convinced after watching the passing wizardry of players like Bird ( yes, I know- not a PG ), Magic, Kidd & Rondo that there is something inherent in the basketball DNA of a true PG. Leadership, a good handle and the ability know where everyone is (or is going to be) on the floor and to get the ball to your teammates right where they like it best is an art form  that cannot be completely replicated in the Lab - no matter how much you try.  Unfortunately Danny does not agree with this and continues to try and look for athletic small guards that have fallen in the draft (usually due to lack of an outstanding pro skill) that he figures he can simply hand them the ball and sooner or (much, much, much) later he'll have another Chauncy Billups on his hands! Simple! And so much cheaper than one of those Brand Name point guards! Even after Rondo's obviously special skills and likely upside became clear in that first year or so I don't think Danny was all that sold on his uniqueness. Regardless of talent it is still the hardest position to master in the pro's (Rose & Wall aside), but splitting time with Bassy? That was just showing no respect.  I assume in part it had to do with the fact that Rondo wasn't as well rounded as other highly touted PG's and has had to overcome both deficiencies in his game AND maybe more importantly in his stubbornness (from what I've heard). The latter reason may have been Doc's biggest issue - but I'm speculating. There has been a long list of PG wannabes that have paraded through the gym door since Danny took over. Other than Rondo how many of them looked promising at that position? Most of the time it seems like scary experiments like Tony Allen or Eddie House (to name a couple non-rooks - I don't have too many memories of Doc playing too many of the greenhorns during actual games). Avery Bradley may get it, may have it or might even get the chance to show it here (but not likely in this season) - only time will tell, but to me it just looks like another case of Dr. Danny tinkering in the Lab.
    Posted by dpwstory

You are so right!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

wasted pick again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Bradley will be key tonight.  Even if he can't score, he's going to have to stay in front of either ellis or curry tonight.  I expect the second unit to have trouble offensively again...worse with davis out.  But will they at least be able to keep the warriors' second unit from scoring at will?  Look for GS to keep one of the two out there with their second unit.  Stopping them from penetrating will be the key.

Supposedly bradley can at least play defense.  We'll see tonight.  I have a real bad feeling that we're too tired to stay in front of the smaller, quicker team and don't have the horses in there to overpower them.  KG could, but he may be drained after his huge last game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ftld0. Show ftld0's posts

at least he will take the ball now and not look at it like a bomb

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

That was impressive P34.

Sections
Shortcuts