Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker!

I agree with Danny Ainge.

Kemba is projected to go at 5 -7 lottery pick!

Good work last year!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker!

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker!:
    [QUOTE]HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Kemba Walker will be a great NBA player in a couple of years.  I wouldn't say that Bradley will.  He may become a decent player, but not the same type of player as Walker. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker! : I agree with you.  Kemba Walker will be a great NBA player in a couple of years.  I wouldn't say that Bradley will.  He may become a decent player, but not the same type of player as Walker. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Walker is 5'11. He is no Allen Iverson! ( the last guy to be dynamic at that height)

Heck, he is no Ben Gordon! Ben Gordon is 6'2"! And a better shooter!

I'm not saying he is going to stink, but an all star is a long shot.

I think Avery can be a starter in the Derek Fisher mold because he has more size and defensive ability.

Kemba is going to keep both teams in the game at the NBA level. Who can he stop?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker! : Walker is 5'11. He is no Allen Iverson! ( the last guy to be dynamic at that height) Heck, he is no Ben Gordon! Ben Gordon is 6'2"! And a better shooter! I'm not saying he is going to stink, but an all star is a long shot. I think Avery can be a starter in the Derek Fisher mold because he has more size and defensive ability. Kemba is going to keep both teams in the game at the NBA level. Who can he stop?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Avery!

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker! : Avery! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I think we should work Kemba out against AB and find out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker! : I think we should worh Kemba out against AB and find out!

I don't watch a lot of college basketball, but Kemba was one of the main reasons that Connecticut was so good last year.  He was a great college player and his only liability is his height.  That is the only factor that might influence his career in the NBA.  I still believe he will be a very good NBA player but it may take him a couple of years. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Bradley would've been a top 5-10 pick if not injured, he needed about 2/3 3/4 of the season to get a 100% and teams in the lottery can't take a chance on waiting almost a whole season to appease their fans. I expect him to get about20 minutes per after next year. Bradley has game and I feel will blossom next season. I don't know if you can say one is or isn't until mid way through next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker! : I don't watch a lot of college basketball, but Kemba was one of the main reasons that Connecticut was so good last year.  He was a great college player and his only liability is his height.  That is the only factor that might influence his career in the NBA.  I still believe he will be a very good NBA player but it may take him a couple of years. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Trust me I've learned my lesson about guys like Joe Forte and JJ Redick. I thought these guys would be Jeff Hornaceks right away. Wrong!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Kemba has the ability to be a Jason Terry type player in the nba. When you can carry a roster of freshman to a title like he did, you can be a good player in the league. I wouldn't even compare the two players, as they aren't very similar. Kemba's MO is scoring, avery's is defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Kemba has the ability to be a Jason Terry type player in the nba. When you can carry a roster of freshman to a title like he did, you can be a good player in the league. I wouldn't even compare the two players, as they aren't very similar. Kemba's MO is scoring, avery's is defense.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

Very true, and that's why I think Avery has a better chance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

This is foolish to even be talking about this. 1 or 2's , if you have elite speed you can get your stuff off against anyone , period. Doesnt matter how good you really are , if you have elite speed , quickness in the NBA your already ahead of the game. I mean RR isnt cashing checks bc of his jump shot or anything for that matter besides his quickness/speed. However that alone will only buy you so much time. Eventually teams want guys to progress an become a complete player. I read on one of the post that Kembas only weakness is his height , which just isnt true. Hes not A.I. , not even so close , so teams will not put up w/ shooting 35% ,  sloppy TO's and poor decision making. No doubt he help carry that team , but he had some huge help come tourny time. Craft was the best one on one defender in the country but Shabazzz has to be mentioned after the work he put in. Glad to see a local kid make it that far. And Lamb imho is the best pro prospect out of the bunch. I mean , hes Kemba but 6'5-6'6 and a jump shot. And as far as Bradley goes , i dont know how anyone , including Ainge would say that. Nobody has seen this kid play real legit min's to say that , theres just no evidence to support that yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker! : Walker is 5'11. He is no Allen Iverson! ( the last guy to be dynamic at that height) Heck, he is no Ben Gordon! Ben Gordon is 6'2"! And a better shooter! I'm not saying he is going to stink, but an all star is a long shot. I think Avery can be a starter in the Derek Fisher mold because he has more size and defensive ability. Kemba is going to keep both teams in the game at the NBA level. Who can he stop?

Aaron Brooks has done just fine in the NBA, thank you very much.  Kemba Walker is Aaron Brooks........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenSlime. Show GreenSlime's posts

As a product of the the Rick Barnes UT "we don't teach fundamentals or the mental aspects of the game" program, Bradley is a great athlete (that's all Rick likes to recruit (Kevin Durant notwithstanding)) who will never become a productive NBA player. Think Gerald Green or Marcus Banks and you'll get the idea.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

no way hosea

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I was a hard on Bradley as anyone this year.  With that being said I think he will really help us next year.  Better shooter than Rondo and his defense can be really good at times.  Great point guard?  NO.  Good Role player, good possibility.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

If Walker would be like Boykins... it would already be better than Bradley at this stage...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Walker will struggle in the NBA. He's Jameer Nelson without the shooting ability. 

He dominated college,because college basketball has no talent. 

Mateen Cleaves was good in college too!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hahahaha.

So you insult Kemba by 2" from what he is listed and assume Gordon's listed height to be accurate?

I am a 6'2" man who had classes with Ben Gordan and was at more than a few parties with him during my UConn days. I was taller.

I stood next to Kemba in line at Friendly's 3 months ago and while def shorter than me he was no 5'11".

I'd say 6' Kemba, 6'1" Gordon.

Kemba is a winner who can do EVERYTHING well but nothing (except maybe his smooth fastbreak layups) so exceptional as to make him elite at it in the NBA.

He will be a glue guy, a leader, a starting PG on a team with great players at other positions or a VERY good backup on a team that has a taller PG who can swing to the 2 and play with him.

Avery looks like a bulldog defender of PG's but he plays that leadership and sound decision making position like his heads been cut-off. He may get the fluid offensive game of Walker down the road, but is only 1 year younger and certainly doesn't have it now.

He'd be good on a team with a ball dominating 20ppg guy like Tyreke Evans who creates his own shot, has a good handle and can play some PG but is better off guarding 2's and letting Avery defend a PG like a demon and share the duties of bringing the ball up the court.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Avery Bradley IS better than Kemba Walker!:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Danny Ainge. Kemba is projected to go at 5 -7 lottery pick! Good work last year!

Danny who has missed way more than he has hit in the draft suggests that Bradley would be a top 5 to 7 pick and somehow that should be added to the Bible?

Wow, I guess I am going to become a Mormon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Kemba Walker can create his own shot

Avery Bradley doesn't have a shot

Bradley's CIELING is Tony Allen, only shorter

Walker's cieling is unlimited - you can teach an athlete how to play good defense, but Rondo is demonstrating that you can't teach a non-shooter how to shoot (even Mark Price's offseason work only yielded two months of 5% increases in shooting before the progress disappeared)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

5% is better than nothing.  Better than a 5% reduction.  Walker is one of those college players whose game doesn't translate well to the NBA.  I wouldn't be surprised in a couple of years to see him out of the league and playing in another country. I really like Travis Leslie over Walker as a bona fide NBA player and D. Wade type of player who can and does go strong. I just don't think a smaller player who's not an A.I. can dominate, but Rondo has shown that he can on occasion. But, to each his own and why drafts are crapshoots. 

Sections
Shortcuts