Avery Bradley is Tim Tebow and Moore is Kyle Orton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Avery Bradley is Tim Tebow and Moore is Kyle Orton

Bradley is a unique player, and is a weapon every game,because of his defense. Teams have been horrible shooting 3's since he has been starting. Yes,some luck is involved,but he's all over the court,and contesting 3 point shots, on hustle rotations. Those 3 point shots,become alot tougher,when a guy is running at you and getting a hand in your face. Orlando and Indiana are usually good 3 point shooting teams,but go re watch the games and notice how many times. They moved the ball to the open shooter,and Bradley shows up to contest the open shot. 

Moore isn't unique, and you see how Ray can be shut down, and he's a way better shooter,then Moore,and shoots off the pick better then anyone in the League.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Avery Bradley is Tim Tebow and Moore is Kyle Orton

Have you not noticed how few picks and screens Ray is able to get? Have you wondered why?  Ray can't get open like he used to. Also the team can't rebound trying to set picks for him twenty five from the basket.  Have you noticed how much better the team is rebounding with Ray out? If he comes off the bench he should get more opportunities to be effective.  He is still a weapon, just not one that should be playing for thirty five minutes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is Tim Tebow and Moore is Kyle Orton:
    [QUOTE]Have you not noticed how few picks and screens Ray is able to get? Have you wondered why?  Ray can't get open like he used to. Also the team can't rebound trying to set picks for him twenty five from the basket.  Have you noticed how much better the team is rebounding with Ray out? If he comes off the bench he should get more opportunities to be effective.  He is still a weapon, just not one that should be playing for thirty five minutes.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

My point was the Celtics aren't going to set picks for Moore, and he hasn't shown the ability to shoot on the move anyways. My point was the other team just needs to stay near Moore and he brings nothing. 

I wasn't downgrading Ray,but only pointing out teams can take him out of the game,and its alot tougher to take a guy out of the game,if he's running off picks, then standing and waiting for a pass.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree with you then about Ray.  He presents problems to this team now with Bradley and Moore getting more time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Celtics are 3rd best in defense right now, but 25th in offense. Thats not acceptable. We need to be in the mid teens atleast in offense. Avery brings minimal on offense right now, Moore is more of a offensive threat.

Lets not forget, Moore was selected 55th over all last year, Bradley was selected 19th in 2010.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics are 3rd best in defense right now, but 25th in offense. Thats not acceptable. We need to be in the mid teens atleast in offense. Avery brings minimal on offense right now, Moore is more of a offensive threat. Lets not forget, Moore was selected 55th over all last year, Bradley was selected 19th in 2010.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Their offense has been middle of the pack for the past several years and their defense saves them.  For years they had two guys that did not participate in the offense - Rondo and Perk.... Now it is Rondo and and whomever else does not participate....... so they have to win with defense which Chicago and Miami have more of.... ... I predicted 38 and 28 for the Cs record and if Rondo can miss more games, they still have a chance to get to that record....

That said Chicago is much better than they were last year and Miami is dramatically better than they were last year......

Moore is not a player and neither is Bradley, they are bench guys that Danny drafts year in and year out and next year he will be able to replace both of them with similar late first and second draft picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is Tim Tebow and Moore is Kyle Orton : Their offense has been middle of the pack for the past several years and their defense saves them.  For years they had two guys that did not participate in the offense - Rondo and Perk.... Now it is Rondo and and whomever else does not participate....... so they have to win with defense which Chicago and Miami have more of.... ... I predicted 38 and 28 for the Cs record and if Rondo can miss more games, they still have a chance to get to that record.... That said Chicago is much better than they were last year and Miami is dramatically better than they were last year...... Moore is not a player and neither is Bradley, they are bench guys that Danny drafts year in and year out and next year he will be able to replace both of them with similar late first and second draft picks.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Moore can be a good player, maybe not a star, but he can be good, just needs more playing time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is Tim Tebow and Moore is Kyle Orton : Moore can be a good player, maybe not a star, but he can be good, just needs more playing time.

Absolutely but what pollutes this board is that every player that Danny drafts is the next all-star that some poor GM happens to have overlooked.... NOT.... he is what he is... a decent player that was not able to get drafted out of his freshman or sophomore year - which means they are not legit NBA blue chip players........   the problems on this board is that most people have him as the starter at the 2 guard in the all-star game in a couple of years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

You shouldn't listen to Dudder,because any draft pick not in the lottery can be replaced every year. 

Usually true,but I haven't see any point guard play defense like Bradley in a draft recently.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley is Tim Tebow and Moore is Kyle Orton : Moore can be a good player, maybe not a star, but he can be good, just needs more playing time.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE

p.s. I guess my point was evident in the very first sentence of this thread..... "Bradley is a unique player".... I have no dictionary that defines "unique" as below average with a long long long way to go just to be considered average.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I wonder if Cleveland is worried about Kyrie Irving becoming a "unique player" as opposed to just becoming an elite point guard after one year in college.......  rookie of the year and a challenge to Rose and Williams as the best young point guards in the eastern conference..........  I wonder if they are thinking whether Irving is as unique as Rondo - nope, not so much, they know he is already better.... only on BDC is unique a way of describing a player that is missing significant parts of the overall game...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I have no illusions of Bradley being a starter.   I just think he can carve out  a place in the league as a specialty player at the very least.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think that is what Dudder is saying.  Bradley and Moore don't appear to be All-Stars in the making, but where I disagree with Dudder is that they are getting the job done and may improve further.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Avery Bradley is Tim Tebow and Moore is Kyle Orton:
    [QUOTE]Bradley is a unique player, and is a weapon every game,because of his defense. Teams have been horrible shooting 3's since he has been starting. Yes,some luck is involved,but he's all over the court,and contesting 3 point shots, on hustle rotations. Those 3 point shots,become alot tougher,when a guy is running at you and getting a hand in your face. Orlando and Indiana are usually good 3 point shooting teams,but go re watch the games and notice how many times. They moved the ball to the open shooter,and Bradley shows up to contest the open shot.    Moore isn't unique, and you see how Ray can be shut down, and he's a way better shooter,then Moore,and shoots off the pick better then anyone in the League.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]REFRESHING FOR SURE !!  RONDO & RAY'S DAYS ARE #########.....  THE CHANGING OF THE GUARD/S  !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Tim Tebow was a Heisman trophy winner and won 2 national championships in NCAA (bowl series) football.   AB's basketball team of UT didn't make the NCAA tourney.   It was the first time in many yrs UT didn't make the tourny.   Last yr again, they went to the 'big dance' after he was handed off to the Cs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Cs are starting to win because PP is rounding back into form.   EM helped big time in the recent Magic win.   They would be winning the same games even if AB was on the bench (as was 4th Q of recent Magic game), shooting 2 for 7 (which normally does) or not on the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Avery is a shorter more inept offensive version on Tony Allen with even worse dribbling and passing skills which truly does take a special talent. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

[QUOTE]   Tim Tebow was a Heisman trophy winner and won 2 national championships in NCAA (bowl series) football.   AB's basketball team of UT didn't make the NCAA tourney.   It was the first time in many yrs UT didn't make the tourny.   Last yr again, they went to the 'big dance' after he was handed off to the Cs.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

So what Tebow still doesn't have the ability to throw to be a starting qb. My point was he had an unique abiltiy that Kyle Orton didn't have. 

My point is Bradley has an unique talent for defense. Moore has no unique talent, so he is easliy replacable.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Well, E. Moore is struggling defensively against the Cavs...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Well, E. Moore is struggling defensively against the Cavs...
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Moore was a 2nd round pick at number 55. Bradley at 19 in the first round. Its quite obvious we should expect more from a 1st round pick. Look at the espn box score, Moore was a +3, Bradley a -4.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

KIrving made his first 6 shots.   He started for the Cavs.   Who started @ pg for the Cs??..... Cavs scored last points (12-0) in last 4:13min.   Which pg was in the game for the last 3:50 after getting his ankles re-taped....                Who struggled?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I wonder alot,if some of you posters really watch the defensive end of the court.  The Cavs were setting picks on Bradley the whole game. Irving also got a couple of fast break layups,because of Paul Pierce turn overs. 

Sessions or Irving were both blowing by Moore without picks. Moore got exposed yesterday by anyone he tried to guard. 

You must not of noticed the Cavs changed their whole game plan ,because of Bradley.

Sections
Shortcuts