Avery Bradley not ready

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Avery Bradley not ready

From what I saw, Bradley is going to spend a lot of time in the D-League this year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Re: Avery Bradley not ready

they should just cut the kid...he played as if he was a rookie, just coming off an injury, just started practicing, and doesn't know all the plays yet...I expected so much more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Well, he is 19, and it is his first game.  I do agree with Fierce that he should play, but he may well be on the bench many times out of necessity.  It's a numbers thing, I remind everyone:
    They can keep 15 - Perk is hurt and Delonte is out for the first 10 games.  That's 13.  If they send two to the D-League, the most they can, that's 11.    I suppose they could go with 11 and send both Bradley and Harangody to the D-League, but I don't think they will.  I think one stays and one goes, or they rotate them based upon opponent, and who Doc is NOT playing that night.

Hope that makes sense, as I know what I am trying to say, but may not have said it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

He was obviously out of sync tonight as it was his first NBA game. He needs more time to play, but it is most likely that he will go to the D. league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

As a PG Bradley has a long way to go.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

You're right Fierce. He's only 19 and the D.League is perfect for him right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I doubt he will spend much time in D-League if any at all. He was rated higher than John Wall was as a High School Senior and his game isn't reliant on scoring he's a defensive PG/SG. Also he's only 19 so prepare yourself for the day he takes over for Ray Allen in Two years. This will be an interesting combination of guards with Rondo and Bradley and a center who is 7' and who will get a chance to learn from ShaQ,JON,Perkins and KG the Celtics only need to find one more solid young player in the next 2 years to remain competitive after they break up the Big 3.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

He wore Zero and looked like he had Zero Clue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

C'mon guys lets watch this kid over a couple of more games or so before we make conclusions. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley not ready:
    [QUOTE]I doubt he will spend much time in D-League if any at all. He was rated higher than John Wall was as a High School Senior and his game isn't reliant on scoring he's a defensive PG/SG. Also he's only 19 so prepare yourself for the day he takes over for Ray Allen in Two years. This will be an interesting combination of guards with Rondo and Bradley and a center who is 7' and who will get a chance to learn from ShaQ,JON,Perkins and KG the Celtics only need to find one more solid young player in the next 2 years to remain competitive after they break up the Big 3.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

If you saw the Philly game Bradley was awful as a PG. And I don't think he can be a SG in the NBA because he's too small. Bradley is only 6-2, 6-3 with shoes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon guys lets watch this kid over a couple of more games or so before we make conclusions. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

If he's going to be a PG in the NBA he has a long way to go. 

In college he was a SG. AT 6-3, with shoes, he's too small to be a SG in the NBA. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

did he look like Gabe Pruitt?? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]did he look like Gabe Pruitt?? 
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

Not really. Bradley just needs more time to learn the PG position. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

THere is nothing wrong with the DL for Bradley this year. I expect he;ll play much better next year. Why let him rot on the bench. He and Harangody will play well in the DL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Fierce got this right---I can't believe it.
    Yep, Bradley needs to  flip burger at D league.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]THere is nothing wrong with the DL for Bradley this year. I expect he;ll play much better next year. Why let him rot on the bench. He and Harangody will play well in the DL.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    Well said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Considering this was his first game and he has barely practiced with the team, I was not surprised that he looked lost.

I can see where he will be a very good defender.

D league lloks like the best option for him but he could be active until D west comes back.

With perk and D West out to start the season that leaves 13 players.  Lasme, Harangody and Avery are the three guys that will be most like ly to spend some time in the d league.

Dboss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

His ankle is not 100%, he hasen't been able to practice, he played well until he got tired. His on the ball defense was great. His jump shot looked good.

Doc said he was going to be a very good player, instead of me watching him play in his first NBA game and thinking i know what kind of player he's going to be, i think i'll give him a little more time before i label him D league materal.

But that's just me, maybe some of you guys are good enough to see a guy play 8 minutes, without practice, on a bad ankle, and be able to tell if he's going to be a player or not!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think Doc keeps Lasme, Wafer and Erden on the active roster until DWest is active, then Wafer is waived.

Bradley & Luke are headed to the DL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE] His ankle is not 100%, he hasen't been able to practice, he played well until he got tired. His on the ball defense was great. His jump shot looked good.  Doc said he was going to be a very good player, instead of me watching him play in his first NBA game and thinking i know what kind of player he's going to be, i think i'll give him a little more time before i label him D league materal.  But that's just me, maybe some of you guys are good enough to see a guy play 8 minutes, without practice, on a bad ankle, and be able to tell if he's going to be a player or not!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]
       There's nothing wrong with the D.League. Think of it like the triple A teams in baseball. Young players are put there to develop their skills for the big leagues. However in baseball, some experienced players are sent to the minors when they aren't playing well or are over the hill.
        In the D. League, it's a developmental league for young players who need more experience. It's only been one game for Bradley so we can't tell much yet. However with Rondo and Nate ahead of him, how else is he going to get playing time to improve other than playing in the D.League for a while?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

The kid is coming off an injury,hasn't had any practice time to speak of,is a 19 year old rookie who doesn't have a definitive position at this point and probably still 20% away from his ankle being 100%.What he does have is exceptional quickness,explosion and speed,a great instinct of the defensive end(he is NBA ready on D),a great desire to excell at the game he loves and as good a work ethic as you could hope for.He needs to heal totally and get a lot of minutes on the court and the D league is perfect for him at this point.However,he could also benefit from hanging around for the first 10 games of the season when the Celts have an extra roster slot,learning from the vets on this team.I don't look for much from him this season but do look forward to watching him in green next season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

The rookie is still hurting. It's a good thing that Bradley is only 19 years old. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This kid is still a baby, with serious talent.  Is he lock? Of course not but you can bet he has NBA talent. Even with  a bum ankle the other night you could see his tenaciousness, his shot looks fundamentally sound and his ball handling skills are good.  The Celtics took Bradley with gusto and while they can always be wrong you have to think they are much more likely right on this still 19 year old.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE] His ankle is not 100%, he hasen't been able to practice, he played well until he got tired. His on the ball defense was great. His jump shot looked good.  Doc said he was going to be a very good player, instead of me watching him play in his first NBA game and thinking i know what kind of player he's going to be, i think i'll give him a little more time before i label him D league materal.  But that's just me, maybe some of you guys are good enough to see a guy play 8 minutes, without practice, on a bad ankle, and be able to tell if he's going to be a player or not!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

nice analysis KY.  

Sections
Shortcuts