Avery Bradley off the bench

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Avery Bradley off the bench

Bradley averaged 3 boards a game in 33 minutes as a starter.  Lee averaged 3.3 boards in 36 minutes as a starter.

I don't think that is going to be the reason anyone chooses who starts.

I do agree with you though, on further thought, that if Lee is playing extremely well as a starter while Bradley is injured then there is no reason to make a change.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench:
    Bradley averaged 3 boards a game in 33 minutes as a starter.  Lee averaged 3.3 boards in 36 minutes as a starter. I don't think that is going to be the reason anyone chooses who starts. I do agree with you though, on further thought, that if Lee is playing extremely well as a starter while Bradley is injured then there is no reason to make a change.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Yes, and Doc usually abides by the "if it ain't broke...." philosophy.  One reason we don't have Ray anymore, correct?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Im going to side with Fierce(did I just say that????).  No need to change the starting line up if Lee is playing well.  Bradley will more than likely come off the bench once he comes back to help with his confidence and conditioning.  He will probably fight it out barring any injuries for the starting role in 2013-14.  It was a small sample size of his skills and he was not the same early on in the playoffs.  he remains an enigma on what he is actually capable of.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jp3000. Show jp3000's posts

Doc likes D and AB has better D than Lee. AB starts when he is ready. They might bring him along slowely. This is a full 82 game season so plenty of time for everybody!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : That's exactly what I'm saying! Like I said, if Bradley is not injured and he's good to go once training camp opens, he will be the starter. I just don't believe that surgeries on both shoulders will not affect Bradley's game this season. The guy is human. Try playing basketball with 2 bad shoulders.
    Posted by Fiercest34

i know thats what you were saying. I was being stubborn.  I like Bradley and I think he is the better player, but if Lee is performing well and fitting in when Bradley gets healthy Lee should keep his job until it gets to the point the Bradley  proves  he is a better option.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

guys. IF Avery Bradley is healthy, he is the starter. Thats just the truth of the matter. idc if we are playing well, on pace to win 50 games. By that logic, the Bulls should have brought Derrick Rose off the bench last season when he returned from injury, simply bc they were playing well w/o him. its silly.. No. you play your best players. Avery IS better than Courtney Lee, idk why theres much of a controversy with that. 

and Fierce, you havent brought up a credible source to support your "AB will be out untill mid-december" claim. Doc said "it could be early in the season, could be mid-december." that does not mean he will be out untill mid december, it means how long he is out will depend on how he responds to treatment and rehab. I, for one, am listening to A. Sherrod Blakely, who said he should return fairly early in the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : Are you certain about this? With the exception of KG, 6"1 Rondo has outrebounded everyone else on the team on many occassions. A lot of rebounds are taken below the rim. That's why someone like low leaping Sullinger is able to outrebound taller players. Positioning is key. Note that Bradley has a wingspan of 6"7 1/4.
    Posted by edcap99

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Courtney Lee - great 3 pt shooter, good defender, great energy.

Avery Bradley - good corner 3 pt shooter, decent all around jump shooter, Excellent defender, great energy, great ability to cut and finish. 

where is this "Courtney Lee is better than Avery Bradley" coming from?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

guys. IF Avery Bradley is healthy, he is the starter. Thats just the truth of the matter. idc if we are playing well, on pace to win 50 games. By that logic, the Bulls should have brought Derrick Rose off the bench last season when he returned from injury, simply bc they were playing well w/o him. its silly.. No. you play your best players. Avery IS better than Courtney Lee, idk why theres much of a controversy with that.  and Fierce, you havent brought up a credible source to support your "AB will be out untill mid-december" claim. Doc said "it could be early in the season, could be mid-december." that does not mean he will be out untill mid december, it means how long he is out will depend on how he responds to treatment and rehab. I, for one, am listening to A. Sherrod Blakely, who said he should return fairly early in the season.
    Posted by JamezHill24

You probably haven't seen Courtney Lee play a game, why should anyone believe you Know AB is the better player?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench :  You probably haven't seen Courtney Lee play a game, why should anyone believe you Know AB is the better player?
    Posted by kyceltic

....i think everyone on this board has seen him play a game, we played them his rookie season in Orlando in the playoffs. he killed us. unfortunately he hasnt been that same player since his rookie year.

to respond to your question, of course i have watched Courtney Lee play. Not only in Orlando but also a few games in Houston. i dont come on here and talk about things idk anything about. it doesnt make sense. Avery is the better player bc when you go down the board, AB beats Courtney Lee.

look, CL is a good player, im not saying hes not. but he is primarily a shooter. he is Ray Allen with better defense. Why was Avery Bradley better for our starting unit than Ray? bc we needed a guy that could not only knock down shots, but also cut (Doc said Avery is one of the best cutters in the league already), run at Rondo's pace (Avery is fast as sh*t) and play tremendous defense (do i even need to say nething here?)

then again, a debate abt whos the better player is opinion, not fact. your entitled to your opinion as i am mine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

I'll pick Lee over Bradley for Starting SG with 82 games, there are 6'5-6'7 starting SG with other teams, Bradley is too short to cover that kind of height, haven't seen how kobe escapes from his defenders like allen?? wade?? Lee did a great job by defending kobe during 2010 nba finals when he was part of the Magic posting SG will kill Bradley, he can guard wade, and other small sg that stands 6'2-6'4 inches tall the stats of lee that posted by gman is coming off the bench stats, had limited minutes when he was a rocket because Martin is the starting SG, martin( 17ppg  ) and having other scorers like Scola( 15.5ppg )lowry( 14.3ppg ),dragic( 11.7ppg ), Budinger( 9.6ppg ) and Parsons( 9.5ppg )  still, Lee average 11.4ppg  Lee is just like bradley (UPSIZE) Lee can read defense, covering SG's, 3pt shooter, can run with rondo.
    Posted by The BIG TICKET

i think u also need to look at whats best for the team. when you look at our team, what do we need off the bench? what have we needed off the bench for years? a SCORER. someone who can create their own shot. who does this? Courtney Lee. he is built for our bench. Avery doesnt do that nearly as well, but he fits into Rondo's game perfectly. Rondo runs the show and Bradley can just do his thing and reap the benefits. Plus he hounds every sg in the league, big or small. ppl use the Joe Johnson excuse, but fail to realize that in 85% of his games, Joe Johnson is guarded by the opposing 3. it makes more sense. besides that, what sg in the East is too much for Avery to handle? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good long debate.  Lots of opinions and lots of ifs (if Bradley is healthy, if we are playing well with Courtney Lee, if Lee himself is playing well, etc).   The real key here is that it doesn't matter who starts......if matters who finishes and what the rotations are.   Bass started a lot of games and finished on the floor in only a few.   Doc will do what he thinks gets us a win each night and if Lee is playing well when Bradley returns, he might start but not finish the game because Doc wants to disrupt their offense (and Bradley does that better than any guard we have).   We also have Jason Terry and he may be on the floor because of experience and shooting.

So, while I think everyone is titled to an opinion and this is a good debate in theory, in practicality (real word?) - its the substitutions all game long and especially inthe 4th quarter that will matter (along, of course, with potential injuries).

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

guys. IF Avery Bradley is healthy, he is the starter. Thats just the truth of the matter. idc if we are playing well, on pace to win 50 games. By that logic, the Bulls should have brought Derrick Rose off the bench last season when he returned from injury, simply bc they were playing well w/o him. its silly.. No. you play your best players. Avery IS better than Courtney Lee, idk why theres much of a controversy with that.  and Fierce, you havent brought up a credible source to support your "AB will be out untill mid-december" claim. Doc said "it could be early in the season, could be mid-december." that does not mean he will be out untill mid december, it means how long he is out will depend on how he responds to treatment and rehab. I, for one, am listening to A. Sherrod Blakely, who said he should return fairly early in the season.
    Posted by JamezHill24

He's not healthy, and he therefore will not be the starter when the season starts!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Yes, I have been saying this since we got Lee.  Bradley with Terry, Green, Bass and Wilcox is a very, very good second unit......maybe our best since 1986!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Yes, the 4 guard backcourt will be very best in NBA...

Before all is said and done, ALL 4 will be forced to play hurt and it doesn't matter who starts, let Doc play whatever matchup...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Avery Bradley off the bench":
    still, it depends on the 4th quarter situation Posted by The BIG TICKET
    Exactly! There is no hard and fast rule. Fouls, the other team's guards, who's playing well, what lead we have or how far behind we are, whether we need more effense or more defense........are all key factors. It will be situational.

Sections
Shortcuts