Avery Bradley off the bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Avery Bradley off the bench

The Dooling signing gives us a second unit of Dooling, Terry, Green, Sullinger and Wilcox.
    AB will be great when he returns because he can play two positions.

So, if rkarp now thinks that AB, Terry and Lee is not an upgrade over Ray Allen, then he is WAY off base!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

THere is alot of disreespect for Avery Bradley still, and i dont understand it. Lol. i mean, the guy came in, played the best defense maybe of anyone in the league, knocked down his shots, expanded his range to the 3 pt line, and cut to the basket and finished at a insanely high level, yet Courtney Lee is gunna start over him? C Lee is a good shooter, and a ok option as a starter. AB is a lowkey star in the making.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench:
    [QUOTE]THere is alot of disreespect for Avery Bradley still, and i dont understand it. Lol. i mean, the guy came in, played the best defense maybe of anyone in the league, knocked down his shots, expanded his range to the 3 pt line, and cut to the basket and finished at a insanely high level, yet Courtney Lee is gunna start over him? C Lee is a good shooter, and a ok option as a starter. AB is a lowkey star in the making.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    He is hurt right now, and probably won't be back until Jan.  IF he deserves it at that point, he will start.  But after camp and one-half of the regular season, he will not be the starter right away, that is just not happening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

[QUOTE]THere is alot of disreespect for Avery Bradley still, and i dont understand it. Lol. i mean, the guy came in, played the best defense maybe of anyone in the league, knocked down his shots, expanded his range to the 3 pt line, and cut to the basket and finished at a insanely high level, yet Courtney Lee is gunna start over him? C Lee is a good shooter, and a ok option as a starter. AB is a lowkey star in the making.

I agree. Cs fans are forgetting how great the team played with bradley as a starter. They were a different team, defensively and OFFENSIVELY.
    Im sure we will play well while lee starts, but you could put terry at the 2 and wed still have a really good team. The ? is whats best for the team.  The best thing is to put avery with the starters, becuz his numbers were great as a starter and so were the teams. Off the bench not so much.
    Starting Guard2833.65.1-10.1.5040.7-1.5.4651.5-1.8.8040.92.12.92.00.31.12.51.812.3
    As Starter2833.65.1-10.1.5040.7-1.5.4651.5-1.8.8040.92.12.92.00.31.12.51.812.3
    Off Bench3611.91.6-3.3.4830.1-0.3.1820.6-0.8.7780.30.60.90.90.10.41.10.73.9
    Sure he played a lot less minutes off the bench but his %s were way down across the board off the bench compared to a starter. Like I said it will stunt his growth and he will lose all that confidence he gained if he loses his starting spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Avery Bradley off the bench:
    [QUOTE]Let's face it folks, Avery Bradley will not be a starter on this team this year. We are paying C. Lee starter type money. He has more offensive upside. Terry is the third guard/sixth man. Bradley will only get spot duty this year. he will be a "matchup guy."
    Posted by nutter44[/QUOTE]

Bradley is going to start.  By your logic Green is going to start because we are paying him starter money too.

There is no way Bradley is just going to get spot duty.  You make no sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Avery plays well OFF the ball on the offensive end. He needs to be set up. He needs someone who can run with him in transition, he needs someone who can hit him on cuts and on those corner 3's. This is why he thrived with the starting unit. Particularly with rondo.

We all agree that bradley is the superior defensive player. But offensively the consensus seems to be that lee is the better offensive player. When the stats indicate avery (when starting) was a more effecient scorer than lee was. So bradley is the better defensive AND OFFENSIVE player. Which means he should be the starter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Avery plays well OFF the ball on the offensive end. He needs to be set up. He needs someone who can run with him in transition, he needs someone who can hit him on cuts and on those corner 3's. This is why he thrived with the starting unit. Particularly with rondo. We all agree that bradley is the superior defensive player. But offensively the consensus seems to be that lee is the better offensive player. When the stats indicate avery (when starting) was a more effecient scorer than lee was. So bradley is the better defensive AND OFFENSIVE player. Which means he should be the starter.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

He is going to start when he is healthy. No doubt about it.  Lee isn't going to be a regular starter for the Celtics. I am kind of surprised it is even a discussion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Avery Bradley off the bench": [QUOTE]Disagree on this one. Lee will be the starter in November, but once AB is 100%, the threads will start up again about who's better.  Don't know when, but sometime during the regular season the change will  be made again and AB will be back at starting 2. Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34gviEcQCOA Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE] +1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]How many NBA teams have 6-2 SG as a starter? There's a reason why NBA teams prefer a bigger SG. Sure we want SGs to just shoot jumpers instead of driving to the basket. But if it's a 6-8 Joe Johnson shooting over a 6-2 Bradley, then it's a high % shot because Joe knows Bradley won't be able to block his shot!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Best three guard rotation I can think of off the top of my head in my era was Thomas, Dumars, Johnson.

Rondo, Bradley Terry.  See any similarities in size and skillset?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bradley and Terry on the floor at the same time is not a great combination because neither is a playmaker. Both get open and RECEIVE the ball, via cuts and jumpers. But neither passes and sets up an offense. So, we can't say Bradley and Terry will be a good backcourt. I really like Lee, but Bradley is a better defender and we know Doc will want to start off clamping down on one of the other team's guards. I bet he will guard their point guard in many situations and disturb the flow of the other team while Rondo makes steals and is free to roam. Bradley has proved himself to Doc and while he won't start immediately, Doc will find an excuse to make the switch (lee ha a slight injury or needs a rest or some such BS excuse).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Bradley is hurt, how can he be the starter?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : If the Celts are playing well and winning games, with Lee as the starting SG, there's no reason to fix something that isn't broken.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

kind of like when Ray came back and AB and the C's were playing well.  Doc did go ahead and let Ray start one game then changed back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley and Terry on the floor at the same time is not a great combination because neither is a playmaker. Both get open and RECEIVE the ball, via cuts and jumpers. But neither passes and sets up an offense. So, we can't say Bradley and Terry will be a good backcourt. I really like Lee, but Bradley is a better defender and we know Doc will want to start off clamping down on one of the other team's guards. I bet he will guard their point guard in many situations and disturb the flow of the other team while Rondo makes steals and is free to roam. Bradley has proved himself to Doc and while he won't start immediately, Doc will find an excuse to make the switch (lee ha a slight injury or needs a rest or some such BS excuse).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Good point. I feel like rondo and bradley really compliment each other, With their defense and rondos ability to run with bradley and set him up to score in the half court set. Lee and Terry can creat their own shots.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : He is hurt right now, and probably won't be back until Jan.  IF he deserves it at that point, he will start.  But after camp and one-half of the regular season, he will not be the starter right away, that is just not happening.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

im not sure where ur getting ur facts, but he isnt expected to miss the first half of the regular season at all. its expected that he MIGHT not be ready for the season opener, but how does that equal him missing the first 41 games?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : Joe Johnson is taller than Bradley, yet he didnt kill him at all. Not to mention Avery was hurt during the entire playoffs?

Thats because Pierce and Johnson  were matched up nearly every game.  It might has said SG next to Johnsons name but  Teague, Hinrich, were the guards and Johnson was guarding Pierce and Pierce on Johnson.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I agree with you, but if we are playing well with Lee I don't think Doc will change to AB as a starter when he returns.  AB didn't have the starters job that long.  If Lee stinks it up then yea AB will slide back in there.  Personally I think Lee is going to fit in rather nice.  We have the best guards on our team than we have had in a long long time.  Wouldn't surprise me if one of them gets traded during the year.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Why force the issue when Bradley can wreak havoc on the opposing team's 2nd stringers. 

Why would you put your best permiter defender on 2nd stringers? (waste of his talent)
    You want him covering the opposing teams best perimiter scorer.

You dont need an all nba defender to cover 2nd stringers, lee can handle that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]Asked about Bradley's return timeline, Celtics coach Doc Rivers told the Boston Herald: "It could be early in the season, it could be mid-December. We're just not sure." http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8141428/boston-celtics-avery-bradley-miss-start-season-due-shoulder-surgery I'm not against starting Bradley. All I'm saying is if Lee is clicking then why make a change? Why force the issue when Bradley can wreak havoc on the opposing team's 2nd stringers.  Also, the Celts will rebound better with a 6-5 Lee than with a 6-2 Bradley
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]Are you certain about this? With the exception of KG, 6"1 Rondo has outrebounded everyone else on the team on many occassions. A lot of rebounds are taken below the rim. That's why someone like low leaping Sullinger is able to outrebound taller players. Positioning is key. Note that Bradley has a wingspan of 6"7 1/4.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench : im not sure where ur getting ur facts, but he isnt expected to miss the first half of the regular season at all. its expected that he MIGHT not be ready for the season opener, but how does that equal him missing the first 41 games?

OK, MID-December.....I said Jan, so shoot me!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Gotta agree with Gman. There was some great chemistry between Rondo and AB so this will mean that they should be on court together as much as possible. Lee is able to score without needing much help from others...so Lee fits on the second unit better than AB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley is hurt, how can he be the starter?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

The OP said he would get short minutes all year.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts