Avery Bradley off the bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Avery Bradley off the bench

Let's face it folks, Avery Bradley will not be a starter on this team this year. We are paying C. Lee starter type money. He has more offensive upside. Terry is the third guard/sixth man. Bradley will only get spot duty this year. he will be a "matchup guy."

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Re: Avery Bradley off the bench

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley off the bench:
    Since Bradley will not play at the start of the season, Lee will be the starter by default. If the Celts are doing well with Lee as the starter, I don't think Doc will demote Lee once Bradley is ready to play again.
    Posted by Fiercest34
    +1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Since Bradley will not play at the start of the season, Lee will be the starter by default. If the Celts are doing well with Lee as the starter, I don't think Doc will demote Lee once Bradley is ready to play again.
    Posted by Fiercest34

HOW COME FIERCE GETS A +1 WHEN I SAID IT FIRST???  Man, you people!!!!  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Avery needs to start. He needs to be set up, hes good off the ball, which hell get more opportunities with a great pg setting him up in rondo, plus a lot of cuts our open becuz of the attention paid to the starters. He also needs someone to run with him in transition. ( so does rondo) He also helps set the tone defensively to start the game.    Lee off the bench becuz he can be more of the focal point offensively  (which is his strength) with the 2nd unit. If you look at what bradley did as a starter for 28 games ppg 12.3 fg%.504 3%.465 ft%.804 reb 2.9 asst 2.0 stl 1.1  lee ppg 11.4 fg%.433  3% .401  ft%.826 reb 2.7 apg 1.5 st 1.2   As you can see a bradley was  a far more effecient scorer. So offensively he was even better than lee as a starter. Defensively bradley is far better than lee (abradley can be an all nba type defender). So hes better both offensively and defensively. Which means he should start.   As Starter 28 33.6 5.1-10.1 .504 0.7-1.5 .465 1.5-1.8 .804 0.9 2.1 2.9 2.0 0.3 1.1 2.5 1.8 12.3 As Starter 28 33.6 5.1-10.1 .504 0.7-1.5 .465 1.5-1.8 .804 0.9 2.1 2.9 2.0 0.3 1.1 2.5 1.8 12.3
    Posted by gman101019

Stats don't tell the straight story. AB was surrounded with better people. Plus he had TWO SURGERIES. Lee will start.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Disagree on this one.
    Lee will be the starter in November, but once AB is 100%, the threads will start up again about who's better.  Don't know when, but sometime during the regular season the change will  be made again and AB will be back at starting 2.
    Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34gviEcQCOA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Obviously Lee starts at the beginning of the season. When Bradley comes back, we'll see. 

This thread misses the point - whoever plays significantly better between them is likely to be the starter. The other will bring energy off the bench and help us there. 

If they both play about at the same level, then yeah, Lee will keep his starting job. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonismine. Show bostonismine's posts

So.....Bradley is good enough to take a H.O.F.'ers spot but not keep it...come on now.  I think it's great to even have the option of either one starting and the TEAM as a whole is better with Lee an the other additions on it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

We all know that Lee is the starter by default since Bradley is injured and will miss the start the season.  Lets just assume Bradley was healthy.  Who wouldve been named the starter?

Im pretty sure it would have been Bradley. I dont care about his lack of height the kid is a bulldog on the def end.  So what if some guys can shoot over him. We WANT guys settling for jumpers. What we really want to do is  stop dribble penetration and put pressure on the ball. Which Avery does extremely well. 

Dont get me wrong I think Lee is a good player. Hes proven, but I believe Bradley has more upside and if we put him on the bench it would stunt his growth.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

if bradley is healthy he'll start when he gets back. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

everything here is just speculation.

you cannot demote lee? why not? if bradley plays better there is no reason why you can leave him in the bench like ray. how do we know if lee is best fit with the celtics? burst or bust?

vice versa, how do we know if bradley will be as fast - recover and mantain his skills after the operation? a bunch known to go downhill after the operation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Avery Bradley off the bench:
    Let's face it folks, Avery Bradley will not be a starter on this team this year. We are paying C. Lee starter type money. He has more offensive upside. Terry is the third guard/sixth man. Bradley will only get spot duty this year. he will be a "matchup guy."
    Posted by nutter44

I disagree. I think Bradley will resume his starting position once he his healthy. It doesn't matter if Lee is receiving $5M a season. That's simply the cost to acquire him. How Lee is deployed and utilized is up to Doc. Doc is not the type who experiments with his starting lineup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

everything here is just speculation. you cannot demote lee? why not? if bradley plays better there is no reason why you can leave him in the bench like ray. how do we know if lee is best fit with the celtics? burst or bust? vice versa, how do we know if bradley will be as fast - recover and mantain his skills after the operation? a bunch known to go downhill after the operation.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Until Oct 30, prettty much everything written here is speculation.
    That's a given.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

In Response to Avery Bradley off the bench : I disagree. I think Bradley will resume his starting position once he his healthy. It doesn't matter if Lee is receiving $5M a season. That's simply the cost to acquire him. How Lee is deployed and utilized is up to Doc. Doc is not the type who experiments with his starting lineup.
    Posted by edcap99

Exactly why Lee will start most games (barring injury). Read Doc's quotes. "We're not going to rush Avery." AB will not be a regular starter this season, if he ever is. Shooting is going to take a lot of relearning after these surgeries. i wouldn't assume it will all come back this year.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Yes, I have been saying this since we got Lee.  Bradley with Terry, Green, Bass and Wilcox is a very, very good second unit......maybe our best since 1986!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

How many NBA teams have 6-2 SG as a starter? There's a reason why NBA teams prefer a bigger SG. Sure we want SGs to just shoot jumpers instead of driving to the basket. But if it's a 6-8 Joe Johnson shooting over a 6-2 Bradley, then it's a high % shot because Joe knows Bradley won't be able to block his shot!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Avery Bradley is the starter when healthy. Unless Lee plays otherworldly. AB is a better compliment to Rondo defensively, and cutting to the basket. People forget so fast how well we played last yr when he was inserted. completely diff team. Avery starts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

How many NBA teams have 6-2 SG as a starter? There's a reason why NBA teams prefer a bigger SG. Sure we want SGs to just shoot jumpers instead of driving to the basket. But if it's a 6-8 Joe Johnson shooting over a 6-2 Bradley, then it's a high % shot because Joe knows Bradley won't be able to block his shot!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Joe Johnson is taller than Bradley, yet he didnt kill him at all. Not to mention Avery was hurt during the entire playoffs?

Sections
Shortcuts