Avery Bradley Wins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Avery Bradley Wins

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley Wins:
    [QUOTE]   KG and Pierce like him, they see him everyday in practice. They see how hard he tries and they know he has some talent, he's barely 21 years old and is probably more of a rookie then the other 2 guys. Give the guy a chance, or do you want him to fail, so you can tell yourself, see i was right!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

thats exactly wat they want. alot of ppl on this board are haters and dont wanna see the people on this team succeed..so wen they have good games its a fluke, when they string together good games he still has too many weaknesses, etc. nvr happy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley Wins : thats exactly wat they want. alot of ppl on this board are haters and dont wanna see the people on this team succeed..so wen they have good games its a fluke, when they string together good games he still has too many weaknesses, etc. nvr happy.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.

AB has played in many games and has usually been ineffective, in fact, terrible.  So when he does have a rare "good game", its very fair to call it a fluke. His body of work suggests its a fluke.

Im not so convinced he had a good game anyway unless we're talking AB standards. I dont know what the stats say but his first 2 plays I thought were TO's... I do like his aggressiveness on defense if it actually results in something positive but many times after one of his mad rushes to rpessure, he bounces 10 feet off his opponent after contact..

Anyway, hes a project and it seems DA/Doc are willingly to see it through, lucky for  AB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley Wins : Not necessarily. AB has played in many games and has usually been ineffective, in fact, terrible.  So when he does have a rare "good game", its very fair to call it a fluke. His body of work suggests its a fluke. Im not so convinced he had a good game anyway unless we're talking AB standards. I dont know what the stats say but his first 2 plays I thought were TO's... I do like his aggressiveness on defense if it actually results in something positive but many times after one of his mad rushes to rpessure, he bounces 10 feet off his opponent after contact.. Anyway, hes a project and it seems DA/Doc are willingly to see it through, lucky for  AB
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    yeah, pretty much necessarily, karl. he's 21, and ankle and lockout issues have conspired put him behind the proverbial eight ball two years running. given such, it's reasonable to assume a developing trend towards better performance is a growth indicator more so than a fluke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley Wins : yeah, pretty much necessarily, karl. he's 21, and ankle and lockout issues have conspired put him behind the proverbial eight ball two years running. given such, it's reasonable to assume a developing trend towards better performance is a growth indicator more so than a fluke.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  This kid has been snake bitten two years in a row.  I still think he is a first half only player right now, but I give him props for hanging in there and not giving up!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]   KG and Pierce like him, they see him everyday in practice. They see how hard he tries and they know he has some talent, he's barely 21 years old and is probably more of a rookie then the other 2 guys. Give the guy a chance, or do you want him to fail, so you can tell yourself, see i was right!!

He is an example of someone who should have stayed in college longer.  He wasn't ready for the NBA and probably should have played in college for 3 or 4 years. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley Wins : He is an example of someone who should have stayed in college longer.  He wasn't ready for the NBA and probably should have played in college for 3 or 4 years. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

What if he had stayed in school 3 or 4 years and did not improve or had a career ending injury?  Anyone who can go to the NBA and make millions of dollars, does not need to stay in school. Who is the last guy to sign a big contract after staying in school 3 or 4 years?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

More court time and restoring his coinfidence and he'll be fine....he's a defensive guard. As soon as he gets that ....like I said, he'll be fine. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley Wins :  What if he had stayed in school 3 or 4 years and did not improve or had a career ending injury?  Anyone who can go to the NBA and make millions of dollars, does not need to stay in school. Who is the last guy to sign a big contract after staying in school 3 or 4 years?

The Celtics drafted MarShon Brooks - four years at PC, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Grant Hill, and more have done okay as college graduates.  Larry Bird's three years and Keven McHale's and Robert Parish's four probably count. Ray Allen attended UCon for three years. Let's not overlook that some of the high school entries could go to college even if they wanted to - case in point: Queen James or Gerald Green. What's become absurd are the one-and-dones - just staying barely eligible for their first semester and tanking the second semester through inability and indifference.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley Wins : The Celtics drafted MarShon Brooks - four years at PC, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Grant Hill, and more have done okay as college graduates.  Larry Bird's three years and Keven McHale's and Robert Parish's four probably count. Ray Allen attended UCon for three years. Let's not overlook that some of the high school entries could go to college even if they wanted to - case in point: Queen James or Gerald Green. What's become absurd are the one-and-dones - just staying barely eligible for their first semester and tanking the second semester through inability and indifference.  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

Do you know how far you have to go back to Tim Duncan. You're going back to the days when 90% of them stayed at least 3 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Avery Bradley Wins": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley Wins :  Do you know how far you have to go back to Tim Duncan. You're going back to the days when 90% of them stayed at least 3 years. Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE] Deron Williams played 3 years at Illinois. Chris Paul 2 yrs in college. Jeff Green was 3 years in college. Westbrook was 2 yrs at UCLA. Rudy Gay 2 yrs at UConn. Stephan Curry had 3 yrs at Davidson. Pierce 3 yrs at Kansas. Many of the successful guys played 2 or 3 yrs but clearly the big success stories were 0 to 1 year (Rose, Wade, Kobe, Howard, Amare, Carmelo, Lebron). The key is to know your skills. The kid and his advisors should know he needed another year. There just is no formula for success. If we were Bradley, we would likely go to the pros because as KYCeltic points out, you could get hurt in college and not get anything!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If you have the opportunity to make the money you do it  ( or I would)  Like KY said injuries could pop up, and guys could actually play worse their junior or senior years.  Don't remember who it was but they were talking about a player last year that would have been a number one pick,  stayed in college and he hurt his draft position big time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

you have to understand that we are in a diff era now. people are not staying 4 years, period. even 3 years is very rare..the thing with Bradley is he was an NBA defender the day he entered the draft..most fans dont appreciate defense anymore so this means nothing to them, but this is why doc raves about him. his defense is already above average and he just got in the league..once his offense catches up to him hes gunna be a stud. you dont give up on someone that can play that kinda defense and that is as quick as AB. especially before he has been given a FAIR shot to show wat he has. i think the last 2 or 3 games he has showed good defense, especially in the last game, where he was OUTSTANDING.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Perk came straight from High School, Allen and Rondo's game developed every year.
    This kid (Bradley)was not NBA ready, for sure,  but if he was, would we have been in postion to grab him?? No way... Its a gamble, but by putting in the time, effort, with patience, the investment may pay off.
    Avery, JJ, and Moore are nice pieces to dangle for trades that might present themselves by the trading deadline or next season.
    The Celts were in similar position with a young squad a few years ago.
    Because of the hard work of the coaching staff, they had some young pieces and picks to offer for the trades that brought us Allen and KG and Baby. I see similarities to that time and I think we all know how that turned out. Because of these recent and future picks we don't have to have a 18 game winning season to rebuild this time. I like our position much better than the Lakers!!!