Avery Bradley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Avery Bradley

Alright, I'll admit AB has some skills.   I've been getting on him since he's been drafted.   I've already admitted that he's athletic which the Cs needed big time.   His D comes w/ good effort which in the NBA often is lacking, passing is average (hate all those basic one hand passes).   Still question his b-ball IQ.  
       The big picture still is DA's ability.   Right now the Cs should have about 2 or 3 young legs on the team to help w/ the Boston3.   Most of you are ready to put AB in the rafters when it should be ho-hum that the Cs have young players on the bench 5 drafts after winning the 'ship'.   What do the TV announcers say:  that the Cs are one of the worse rebounding teams of all time (that includes the slow down game that they have to play), one of the worse 3pt shooting teams.  DA can aquire players at the end of their careers where everyone knows there game, but not good in their mid career (I'll give him Bass).   Spurs have added youth to their older players.   Cs are a mirage (tho they just don't match up well against the Hawks).
       About AB, if he really is all that, then it's time for him to step up!   If he's #2 to JWall, a 'woulda been lottery pick if he stayed in college 3yrs' (as per DA), deserving to be a real Celtic then tonight is the night to show it.   What is my definition of a 'real Celtic'?   As I say: "everyone knows how to play (basketball), but not everyone knows how to win".   Havlichek, Jo-Jo, Chaney, Larry, Reggie and countless others knew how to win.   Didn't take them 5yrs to figure it out.  Get the opportunity, play like a winner.   Not just stand in the corner, but make plays.
       Tony Allen, when all the main player were hurt, could throw down.   To win, gotta make plays w/ great players around you.   TA couldn't pass in a crowd or off the dribble (can AB?).   Is AB an athlete or a winner?   Will Teague (and 
     Pargo) continue to outplay him?   Is AB Mr lottery or just another NBA player getting a paycheck?   RR is not playing so can AB take over and give KG and PP some young talent help (they don't need much)?   Players I mentioned above helped (or more) early in their careers.   It's time for AB to show what he has inspite of Doc (players make coaches, not the other way around).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Re: Avery Bradley

Docc, Bradley just delivered 14 points 3 assist with 1 turnover, not bad for a second year player whom we criticized. Points is a bonus but his defense is exceptional...somehow he got lost in rotation with his man, that's why Teageu scored a lot but he locked him down in the fourth quarter. Great Win!
    Pierce is still the MAN!

"No Body Does it Better than the BOSTON CELTICS"

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

AB has already exceeded expectations.. Nobody is saying he is headed for a HOF career, but there is no question that he has a lot of potential..two entirely different things..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

docc, don't know where you are coming from but the kid has shown in his second year TREMENDOUS improvement.  Remember he's a 21 year old.   No one said he was a HOF'er but remember Hondo, Chaney, Reggie, Larry, Jo Jo, etc were not 21 years old starting for the Celtics in a playoff series, either.   He's done for us what we need him to do and I have no idea why you think he's not playing like winner - in my opinion, he is!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Bradley was outstanding last night.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nobody could have been more wrong about AB than me.  I thought the kid belonged in AAU.

He's already exceeded my wildest expectations for him. A real pain in the ask defensively, like that mosquito that just wont leave you alone. HEs quick as lightning, has shown he can shoot etc... His short coming is ball handling.

Now, will he deliver in the playoffs?? hard to say about anyone thats untested,, The standard for him will be minimal turnovers and hitting his open shots.  Im thrilled with the kid to be honest. Seems like a great attitude as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

You know your team has a unique make-up when in one game your PG leads the team in blocks, your SF in rebounds, and your C in assists lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Bradley:
    [QUOTE]AB has already exceeded expectations.. Nobody is saying he is headed for a HOF career, but there is no question that he has a lot of potential..two entirely different things..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]
    +1

Seriously, are we pronouncing final judgement on a 21-year-old player in his second season? He's definitely playing better than I expected at this stage of his career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The celtics are one of the worst 3 point shooting teams?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley may be better than Rondo.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Certainly a much better scorer who isn't afraid to step into a wide open jumper.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Possible, in 3-5 years, why not?
    He's a combo guard with great upside on both positions.
    He seems humble, willing to learn.
    What's not to like?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If I remember right, when texas picked him up he was considered like the #2 prospect coming out of HS that year.  He SHOULD be good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

DONT BE CRAZY NOW

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]If I remember right, when texas picked him up he was considered like the #2 prospect coming out of HS that year.  He SHOULD be good.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

NO #1, over JOHN WALL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bradley will be a much better scorer next year, his ball handling will improve, he will start to realize he has the ability to take his man any time he wants too. Some of you guys still don't see what a talent AB is. If i had to trade Rondo or AB, i would trade RR.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I'd probably try to keep Rondo and Bradley together. They lack some in size, but they compensate for that in other areas.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

jgallag1, you got it right.   Something is wrong when no big guys board, pg doesn't assist etc.
       AB played ok last night.   Big block on Hinrich, and 15' shot from R corner and nice return assist to PP.   But, the game I watch, he was outplayed by Teague untill the Hawks started playing too much one-on-one.   AB's D doesn't bother good players.   In fact, you can use overly aggressiveness against players by blowing by them when they overplay etc.   Teague's block shot helped when the Hawks got momentum, AB's when Cs got mo.   Difference is 4th quarter vs 2nd.
       The Cs are HORRIBLE when it comes to crashing the O board.   Just need one player to try.   Nobody tries to O board.   Steimsma tries but he doesn't play many min.   Bass may, but he's either too late or too early where he easily gets blocked out (but he's usually outside looking for his j).
       AB's game could improve if he drives and looks to dish instead of always trying to throw down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Bradley is a 2 guard.  He isn't a point guard.  He was a 2 in college as well.  It isn't a coincidence that he came into his own playing the 2 when Ray went down.

It makes no sense to try and compare Bradley and rondo.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

I agree w/ other posts.   MDaniels came into the game in the 2nd half and played inspired defense (? did he score... I know he got a couple layups).   I'm not saying that is why JJ didn't play well in the second half, but the D had to help some.    Pietrus defense also was ok, but his shot is now horrible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley : Bradley is a 2 guard.  He isn't a point guard.  He was a 2 in college as well.  It isn't a coincidence that he came into his own playing the 2 when Ray went down. It makes no sense to try and compare Bradley and rondo.  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Avery Bradley at 21-YO has already been called "the best on ball defender in the NBA" by several coaches, players, analysts, etc. His shooting is exceptional and only deteriorated in efectiveness due to the gravity of the play-off's atmosphere and youthful nerves. We saw what he can do near the end of the regular season once he got over the first time starting NBA games nerves. 3's, ooops!, drives, D, and good court vision. His speed and athleticism is unmatched by any other Celtic, including Rondo who is second on the team in this category. He is proving to be the perfect compliment to RR, and once he gets his play-off jitters behind him, he is gonna be a monster! We will have the best 1-2 guard combo in the league, by far. The future is very, very bright.............AB and RR will be perennial all-stars together in short order. Book-it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avery Bradley : Avery Bradley at 21-YO has already been called "the best on ball defender in the NBA" by several coaches, players, analysts, etc. His shooting is exceptional and only deteriorated in efectiveness due to the gravity of the paly-off atmosphere. We saw what he can do near the end of the regular season. 3's, ooops!, drives, D, and good court vision. His speed athleticism is unmatched by any other Celtic, including Rondo who is second on the team in this category. He is proving to be the perfect compliment to RR, and once he gets his play-off jitters behind him, he is gonna be a monster! We will have the best 1-2 guard combo in the league, by far. the future is very, very bright.............AB and RR will be perennial all-stars together in short order. Book-it!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree.  Both are under contract for awhile.  There is no Bradley-Rondo contrverys.  That is going to be the Celtics starting backcourt for years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

I didn't miss Rondo one bit last night. I love it when Bradley leads the team

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't miss Rondo one bit last night. I love it when Bradley leads the team
    Posted by BostonBruinss[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, it was not a big miss with RR being out, but Bradley wasn't leading the team either. PP took over as both the facillitator and scorer. Bradley is an exceptionally talented 2-guard who has great speed, atleticism, and above average shooting ability, but he simply was bringing the ball up, and deferring to the free man on the pick and roll to start the plays. RR is truly the floor general of this team and our long term success requires that he plays, and consistantly well at that.

Sections
Shortcuts