Avery---- good bad or average

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Avery---- good bad or average

In response to damfuno's comment:

Avery Bradley has been annointed as the best on point defensive guard in the league........however if you combine that with his 28% shooting over the last 5 games.......under 40% this year and you have an average guard..........helps on defense but hurts on offense........he needs a good 2/1 guard to play with ........Rondo ain;t gonna do it.........both would/could be killer on defense if RR decides to play defense but on offense we would be playing at best 3 on 5 as the defense would leave both of them alone........

Come on now, we've gone years and years watching Rondo take off on defense... why dream about him changing his ways now..esp with his chief facilitator Doc still running the show??

Offensively... Im thinking AB is a decent shooter.. I think his problem is at times he rushes some shots and takes some poor ones too.... Rondo seems to have improved on his jumper although I dont know what the stats suggest. Neither are in the Ray Allen category but I think if we're stuck with ROndo next season, they can be effective shooters... prob in the lower third of NBA guards but good enough

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

Avery Bradley has been annointed as the best on point defensive guard in the league........however if you combine that with his 28% shooting over the last 5 games.......under 40% this year and you have an average guard..........helps on defense but hurts on offense........he needs a good 2/1 guard to play with ........Rondo ain;t gonna do it.........both would/could be killer on defense if RR decides to play defense but on offense we would be playing at best 3 on 5 as the defense would leave both of them alone........

Iwould say evey player on team is just that.... good and very average.. just enough as not to stink.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He has been below average the last 4-5 games.  The defense seems to start to be less effective and sometimes he put people on the line for easy points on cheap fouls.  The shooting and scoring has just been very terrible.  Not a good sign.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

his career shooting percentage is .445....Kobe's is .454.....for what it's worth....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

.288 for the last 5 games and most of the shots are open shots, probably a lot less difficult than most Kobe shots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

he is playing more point guard now..and he isnt a point guard. He is much MUCH more comfortable playing at the 2 spot. Next year you will see him return to form. 

Also, i dont expect Rondo to change the way he plays defense bc its actually quite disruptive WHEN Avery is in the game as well..but lets not act like he CANT play defense. He was a hellofa defender his first couple years in the league.

Avery will be fine though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

It is very simple:

AB is a very good defender (maybe a 1-2 inches short of beeing a great defender).

AB is (at the moment) a poor offensive player (cause he cannot dribble with his head up, can't create for himself and he is an average shooter).

Combined with the right player he still is a force now already (and he is young enough to get better) but with an offensive journeyman like Lee they are of the worst offensive duos in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

It is very simple:

AB is a very good defender (maybe a 1-2 inches short of beeing a great defender).

AB is (at the moment) a poor offensive player (cause he cannot dribble with his head up, can't create for himself and he is an average shooter).

Combined with the right player he still is a force now already (and he is young enough to get better) but with an offensive journeyman like Lee they are of the worst offensive duos in the league.

Finally we have come down to earth and as the playoffs approach no Rondo.  Rondo was unforgivably inconsistent, but when  the lights went on he was frightening thought for opposing teams.  Don't think Lebron and Wade are not thanking their lucky stars he won't be around in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He's all 3 - good on defense, sometimes bad on offense-  very young player - rounds out to average.

He will be good once he figures things out on both ends.................he needs to know when to play tight, and when to back off.  He needs to get more consistent on his outside shooting.  This will all come with more PT.

I am very optimistic about AB in the future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Finally we have come down to earth and as the playoffs approach no Rondo.  Rondo was unforgivably inconsistent, but when  the lights went on he was frightening thought for opposing teams.  Don't think Lebron and Wade are not thanking their lucky stars he won't be around in the playoffs.

oh boy.  frighteningly laughable.  rondo in the playoffs is a time bomb- when is he going to go off AGAINST US- all it takes is for him to miss two free throws or three jumpers and he spins off into a cuckoo haze and disappears within himself. 

every playoffs i look for when does rajon's fake act that "i can be all that" fall apart?  it always does.  he has some good games- a triple double or two.  and then falls to pieces.  he's trash.  at least head cases like rod strickland could hit free throws and a basic short range J.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Che still right so far --- his defensive stance is good but can't do it night after night and can't do it if the 4 will just look around. His shooting? I say average nothing significant.

Fierce busted again!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Don't think Lebron and Wade are not thanking their lucky stars he won't be around in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]Not hardly. They've not given him a 2nd thought nor should we.

Somehow R9R finds a way to self-destruct, taking his eye-popping stats and his team with him when the chips are down.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Very simply put, AB is still growing as a player.  He is trying to discover the 2 skills at the offensive end.  Previously he was a cutter and an open shooter.  Now he is making a greater effort to drive to the basket and identify gaps in the defense and take a shot.  His instincts have not developed to the point where these cease to be conscious efforts.  As a result, he is inconsistent.

I think that he will be fine.  AB can learn a lot from Paul Pierce.  As he matures some more, he will become much better.

It looks to me that the Celts are headed towards becoming a collection of very good players with no super star.  With the new salary cap rules, it may no longer be possible to collect multiple super stars.  So this may trun out to be a very effective formula provided Danny can keep these guys signed to reasonable contracts as well.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

oh boy.  frighteningly laughable.  rondo in the playoffs is a time bomb- when is he going to go off AGAINST US- all it takes is for him to miss two free throws or three jumpers and he spins off into a cuckoo haze and disappears within himself. 

every playoffs i look for when does rajon's fake act that "i can be all that" fall apart?  it always does.  he has some good games- a triple double or two.  and then falls to pieces.  he's trash.  at least head cases like rod strickland could hit free throws and a basic short range J.

Rondo's is trash? Dude go sit somehere and calm your rondo hate. Rondo is a triple threat come playoffs. Rondo's game, especially free throw shooting and jumpers has improved over the years , give the man credit

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

It is very simple:

Do you really think that Lebron and Wade are that worried about Rondo?  I would nearly bet they would laugh in you face if you said that to them.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Don't think Lebron and Wade are not thanking their lucky stars he won't be around in the playoffs.

Not hardly. They've not given him a 2nd thought nor should we.

Somehow R9R finds a way to self-destruct, taking his eye-popping stats and his team with him when the chips are down.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

oh you spoke to them? What exactly did they say?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

oh knock it off. that is ridiculous. Say what you want about him being "inconsistent" or a "head case" in the regular season, but Rondo has arguably been the best player in the NBA in the playoffs the last 5 years. actually its not really that arguable, he HAS been. Name me a time when Rondo has lost us a playoff game? Bc i can name plenty for Pierce or Ray Allen, but none for Rondo. He hasnt even allowed his weaknesses to shine in the playoffs, he hits his big moment free throws and jump shots.

If you hate the guy, hate the guy, but dont show pure disrespect for a CELTICS PLAYER that has carried us in the playoffs year after year. Face it, we dont have a guy that can do THIS for us this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyfsS0bFK8

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Now really made me think this was a thread about Bradley?  Some can not get Rondo out of their head no matter what.  

On a side note,  the team that has the best player each year in the playoffs  usually wins in the playoffs. 

Lebron last year, Dirk, etc.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

Che still right so far --- his defensive stance is good but can't do it night after night and can't do it if the 4 will just look around. His shooting? I say average nothing significant.

Fierce busted again!

So now you say AB's shooting is average. You said AB can't shoot!

Can't shoot is NOT equal to average shooting.

CHE busted again!

You are lucky I said average....just being fair with bradley 

oH AFTER he got caught telling he's in the different world...he's now delaying his post telling that he's out of the timezones. hehehehe  fungus busted!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

he is playing more point guard now..and he isnt a point guard. He is much MUCH more comfortable playing at the 2 spot. Next year you will see him return to form. 

Also, i dont expect Rondo to change the way he plays defense bc its actually quite disruptive WHEN Avery is in the game as well..but lets not act like he CANT play defense. He was a hellofa defender his first couple years in the league.

Avery will be fine though.

JamezHill,

Exactly - AB is 2. Now, he's forced to play PG and he is not it. It's been proven many times before. And he's not a "multi-tool" player a la Pierce. So, I'd say he's average now. When RR returns AB'll be back to his "natural habitat" - he'll be good, probably very good. We had a sample of that last year before he went down in playoffs.

AK

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

AB is 2. Now, he's forced to play PG and he is not it. It's been proven many times before. And he's not a "multi-tool" player a la Pierce. So, I'd say he's average now. When RR returns AB'll be back to his "natural habitat" - he'll be good, probably very good. We had a sample of that last year before he went down in playoffs.

Good analysis!

Sections
Shortcuts