AVERY HAD HIGHEST +/-, RONDO HAD SECOND LOWEST PLUS 5 TO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

AVERY HAD HIGHEST +/-, RONDO HAD SECOND LOWEST PLUS 5 TO

bradley was a +9, rondo had a -8 (TRAILING ONLY the dreadful JO). yes its just one game but u can clearly see the same old flaws. with AB in there, i saw respect from the defense, better in your shorts man to man D and just overall cohesion. no doubt this team runs and flows better with AB in there wit the O going thru AB than with rondo over a long period. i remember the steal landry fields had in the last minute. when rondo dribbled, he completely ignored him and just ran out at pp as rondo kicked it back, fields had an easy interception. classic 4 on 5 basketball. no respect. there was another play in last 2 minutes where pp brialliantly penetrated and dished to rondo for an easy layup. rather than risk being fouled, he took time off the clock and came all the way out with it. pp ended up taing a step back 3 off his own dribble with 1 second left on the clock. its getting to the point where we have to put rr on bench at closing time. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: AVERY HAD HIGHEST +/-, RONDO HAD SECOND LOWEST PLUS 5 TO

For once I agree with you. Some of Rondo's bad third quarter play and passing was rust, but some is habit and some could be just obstanence. When I saw him get in Paul's way on an ISO on the right elbow so his man could easily double Paul (he is supposed to get his butt into the corner base line on that play) for a strip in the third quarter it wasn't good. Danny might have to move this guy especially if a good big is out there. Rondo is very up and down, not streaky up and down, almost moody up and down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo moody up and down? No kidding!

He can't be thrilled that the Cs played quite inspired ball while he was rehabing his wrist injury.

He's reading the handwriting on the wall.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Rondo definitely was a half count off last night.  But that's not suprising since it was his first game back after missing eight.

I don't think I've seen many players who can pressure the ball like Avery Bradley. His defense was jaw-dropping against Orlando.

The team has won 8 of their last 10.   Maybe they're turning the corner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Go tell this to those "Rondo can do no wrong lovers" on the Rondo Gambles thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

CC, the pass from Paul to Rondo was bobbled.  That's why he brought back out.  He was no longer in a position to shoot.  +/- blah blah blah, Rondo had more points than AB and played more minutes.  Just chill out!  Was PP efficient on his first game back?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY HAD HIGHEST +/-, RONDO HAD SECOND LOWEST PLUS 5 TO:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AVERY HAD HIGHEST +/-, RONDO HAD SECOND LOWEST PLUS 5 TO : Yes, PP was efficient on his first game back. He had 12 pts, 4-8 FGs, 2-3 3pt FGs, and 2-2 from the FT line in 23 minutes against Detroit on December 30, 2011.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Which is better - Rondo and JON for Harris and Jefferson
                             or
                            Rondo and JON for Nash, Hill and Gortat??

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

RONDO MUST/NEEDS TO GO !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

[QUOTE]Go tell this to those "Rondo can do no wrong lovers" on the Rondo Gambles thread.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

There's a big difference between some sort of "Rondo can do no wrong" mentality (which is just a silly straw man argument), vs. a realistic appreciation of his capabilities, and the lack of options. 

The absolutism you are expressing is much better represented in the "Rondo is the reason we stink" crowd, as if trading him will magically make us better, or as if Avery Bradley is really a starting NBA PG.

Classic psychological projection of hysterical beliefs.

I honestly feel bad for you guys.  The game can't possibly be fun for you. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AVERY HAD HIGHEST +/-, RONDO HAD SECOND LOWEST PLUS 5 TO : Which is better - Rondo and JON for Harris and Jefferson                          or                         Rondo and JON for Nash, Hill and Gortat??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

For one year the Nash trade
    For several years the Jefferson trade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AVERY HAD HIGHEST +/-, RONDO HAD SECOND LOWEST PLUS 5 TO : I like the Nash-Gortat better. I just don't think Gortat is available.

Trade makes no sense for Phoenix.  If the Celtics had nash and Gortat with Kg pierce and Allen that would make them instant contenders.  But why would phoenix want Rondo and JO in return?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]I like Bradley better than Rondo right now.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Cool then maybe the Suns would take Bradley and JO for Nash and Gortat.

AHAHAHAAAAA.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i grasp first game rust but the issues with rr is about his basketball character and instincts. pp was slow and not able to play more than 8 minutes in  a row at a high level and couldnt close with energy. rr's issue is that his overall game hurts this team esp his lack of shooting capacity and limited range. rr also clearly gets down on himself as the game goes along and disappears offensively and with his aggression.. avery's game is much more steady

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

RR is gonna have to work himself back into shape..

for now he is a liability
    the lesson learned is  the bench is more than capale

doc is blind to the overall team talent and thats the way it is

one player away from being a true contender

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It was not Rondo's best game, but it was also his first game back. Typical CC overreaction stuff. Plus/minus stats tell you something but they are not the bible either. 

Bradley has hardly proven he is ready to be an NBA baller.

I do think the surprisingly good play of Bradley/Moore is surely making Ainge think about Rondo and his options tradewise though. 

As for me I want to see more games played before I make a final judgement, call me crazy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AVERY HAD HIGHEST +/-, RONDO HAD SECOND LOWEST PLUS 5 TO : Yes, PP was efficient on his first game back. He had 12 pts, 4-8 FGs, 2-3 3pt FGs, and 2-2 from the FT line in 23 minutes against Detroit on December 30, 2011.
    He could hit the side of the barn, at first, and was a turnover machine...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AVERY HAD HIGHEST +/-, RONDO HAD SECOND LOWEST PLUS 5 TO : I like the Nash-Gortat better. I just don't think Gortat is available.

Plus if we give up JO, we need to get a true center in return, other wise we have a bunch of 6/10 guys playing center..and Nash makes up for Rondo's scorring...LOL..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]It was not Rondo's best game, but it was also his first game back. Typical CC overreaction stuff. Plus/minus stats tell you something but they are not the bible either.  Bradley has hardly proven he is ready to be an NBA baller. I do think the surprisingly good play of Bradley/Moore is surely making Ainge think about Rondo and his options tradewise though.  As for me I want to see more games played before I make a final judgement, call me crazy.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]YOU'RE CRAZYYYYYYY!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Tough crowd here on BDC.  RR comes back from an injury after missing 9 games and he was supposed to perform how?  PP was the same way when he came back.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AVERY HAD HIGHEST +/-, RONDO HAD SECOND LOWEST PLUS 5 TO : Cool then maybe the Suns would take Bradley and JO for Nash and Gortat. AHAHAHAAAAA.  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Congratulations!!! You hit the nail on the head. Not one team in their right mind would take AB (although he is an up and coming talent that plays for the C's) and JON for Nash and Gortat.  Rondo (the best point guard in the Association, bar none) would command much, much more than an aged Nash and a who the heck is Gortat but an average NBA 7 footer, nothing more.  It is wonderful to know that PDub, KG, Ray Ray, et al (his teammates) by all published accounts have immense appreciation for what Rondo brings to their team and it is extremely humorous to read all the anti-Rondo rhetoric espoused on this forum.  Thanks to Danny and Doc for making the Celtics relevant again, and with Rondo at the helm, for the foreseeable future.  I personally prefer their professional expertise to that of the wannabe GMs on this forum, many of whom would take a team that will compete for multiple championships with Rondo and turn them into the Bobcats or Hornets.  Heaven forbid, the trade Rondo followers may even challenge the 9 win Philly season if they were actually in charge of anything!

As Always,