AVERY over RAY as the starter... ANY MORE WHINES ABOUT THE GREAT DOC AS A COACH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

AVERY over RAY as the starter... ANY MORE WHINES ABOUT THE GREAT DOC AS A COACH?

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21188506/lebron-defensively-bradley-one-best

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/paul-flannery/2012/04/01/should-avery-bradley-stay-starting-lineup

we all love ray ray but through no fault of his own, his starting days with the celts should be over barring injury to AB. look at what opponents like bron are saying. he calls him one of the best defenders overall and the BEST floor to floor defender in the league... period! doc says AB is the BEST on the ball defender he has ever seen.. period! DOOLING says he's the BEST perimeter defender in the league.. period! d-wade says AB reminds him of himself esp on that block and told AB that on the court.

we are talking super high praise here by guys not known for just blowing smoke. van gundy blows smoke but knows his stuff, and called AB the best at cutting without the ball in the league multiple times during the game. the getting some mad respect around the league and is play even better game after game, his trajectory is now soaring. he's beating folks off the dribble consistently, something this team needs for only he and rr can really do it at will. the kid is now making his shots, and has a very simple cut to the hoop offense that rondo clearly flourishes in. have you seen this team's record with AB in there? 4-0 in their last 4 and 11-4 overall with him as the starter. this is AVSANITY!

when was the last extended scoring drought THIS team has had esp to start and end games? used to be we would have these extended lulls with ray out there, problem with a jump shooter esp when on a jump shooting team. imagine if we can put austin rivers as well. as it stands, ray is far better with the second unit than anyone in the big 4. he can get his numbers up and make that unit elite in a hurry. ray, peaches, steimsma and dooling (with some JJ sightings) could be a dominant unit. no need for doc to play a starter with that unit all the time with ray out there.

with AB's game and athleticism, that seldom happens. he gets a lot of easy points and gets fouled very often and can make his free throws. when was the last time you saw AB's shot blocked? ray gets it shoved back in his grill at least twice per game and he's seldom going inside. when was the last block you saw by ray? AB seems to get a memorable one every game(ask d-wade). win or lose, we should be going down and to war with AB just to give him the experience. i want him out there 30 minutes per game. dooling is the casulaty when ray returns. yes, ray ray should CLOSE out most close games.. he's earned that.. but not to START. the kid sends an instant message to other teams.. get ready for hellll!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: AVERY or RAY to start?

wow who woulda thought the attention 'hore would be the one to start the poll about the question the real fans with intelligence here came up with answers to a week ago?

Avery starts, Ray solidifies the bench, Doc's real genius as a coach will come into question if he doesn't find the proper blend between them

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start?:
    In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start? : Rame, he's coming around ... Stiemsma with the starters along with AB makes them so young and athletic our opponents lose their competitive advantage ... Doc would be blind not to see that and I think that's why he swapped Stiemsma with KG. KG with Ray and Pietrus will turn the 2nd team into one to be reckoned with.
    Posted by Mployee8
    wow! you seriously will play kg with the SECOND UNIT? that could be dicey. reason it works with raY is because of the huge edge in defense AB has. at the start of a game, you make your mark by getting in the grill of the other team, not really by scoring or trading baskets. kg is still an elite defender and bass has impressed me in that area as well (ask bosh spice). steims with the second unit is perfect. he's an elite defender but not INTENSE (you want intensity at the onset). you also want one guy to star.

kg with ray will split the hierarchy and give you 2 chiefs. again, the team excels when ray stays out there with said second unit (with AB on the bench). dooling and ray have great chemistry. peaches gives us another 3-point threat with ray on that unit. greg can hit the open shot. it really spreads the floor. thats y you want to throw in a guy like JJ with that freakish athleticism and driving prowess of his. i bet we won't be outrebounded as we are often in games. talking a 10-deep rotation with ray, peaches and steims at the core (in playoffs rondo and AB can take point minutes from dooling).. y not?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Bass, and KG. Stiemsma, Ray, Dooling, Sasha, Pietrus, Hollins, all backing up.
    Posted by Kirk6

is there any talk of what 5's might be "bought out" this year and looking to move to "contenders" or is ryan hollins all we get to work with?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc will start Ray because Rays value is being set up for his jumper... which means he starts with the PP, KG & Rondo... cause they been together for several years.  Ray off the bench may limit his ability to get free in 1/2 court. 

Rays value is getting off his jumper.. If that is diminished, Rys value drops bigtime

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

On the bright side, 4 months ago who whould've thought that this would even be a debate?
    I'm happy Bradley's developed nicely. We all should be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I am a big Ray Allen fan.  But Celtics only played against one good team while Allen was out.

If Allen is out while the Celtics play against the Spurs/Bulls/Pacers this week, and let see how the team do.  If the team are playing well, and continue to stay on a hot streak, I strongly think that Allen become a newest team 6th man player.  Also Stiemsma have been playing well.  That is two good guys coming off of the bench. Cant wait for Pietrus to come back where he could make a good 8 man rotation for the rest of the season.

I first thought that the celtics have no chance to advance past second round this year, but I could change my mind once I see Allen/Pietrus come back healthy while the other six players remain stay healthy for the rest of the season.   

Boy both Moore and JJJ played in a garbage time during yesterday game, and they are not even close to be a ready NBA starter or bench player.  They both have a long way to go.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

guess doc heard some of us and trusted his eyes. ray should close but ab is a superstar starter right now folks. when he's on you, a long off balanced 3 is the best u can pray for. i liked doc benching ray in crunch time for the superior d of ab. says a lot about doc and what kind of coach he really is. all of u who ever slammed doc can bite me! doc did the right thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

guess doc heard some of us and trusted his eyes. ray should close but ab is a superstar starter right now folks. when he's on you, a long off balanced 3 is the best u can pray for. i liked doc benching ray in crunch time for the superior d of ab. says a lot about doc and what kind of coach he really is. all of u who ever slammed doc can bite me! doc did the right thing.
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER

Great work, doc.

You did the total right thing only 24 hours after doing the total wrong thing.

Made your critics look like a total fools.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start? : Great work, doc. You did the total right thing only 24 hours after doing the total wrong thing. Made your critics look like a total fools. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

This whole who starts thing is ridiculous.  It's about minutes.

Anyone notice that Bradley got less minutes in last night's game that he started than he did in the game against San Antonio that he came off the bench?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start? : This whole who starts thing is ridiculous.  It's about minutes.   Anyone notice that Bradley got less minutes in last night's game that he started than he did in the game against San Antonio that he came off the bench?
    Posted by snakeoil123

Ridiculous indeed!!!

So why did doc do the 180???

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start? : Ridiculous indeed!!! So why did doc do the 180??? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

If I were to guess I would think that Doc originally did not have the cherries but then when Ray played so badly his first game back it sort of forced his hand.

But this of course is a wildly uneducated guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start? : Rame, he's coming around ... Stiemsma with the starters along with AB makes them so young and athletic our opponents lose their competitive advantage ... Doc would be blind not to see that and I think that's why he swapped Stiemsma with KG. KG with Ray and Pietrus will turn the 2nd team into one to be reckoned with.
    Posted by Mployee8

Does anyone know when or if Pietrus will be back?  The Celtics could really use him. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start? : If I were to guess I would think that Doc originally did not have the cherries but then when Ray played so badly his first game back it sort of forced his hand. But this of course is a wildly uneducated guess.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Why would doc need cherries to deal with a non-issue like who starts then?

Shouldn't he be standing firmly on your principle that.... minutes are minutes?

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: AVERY over RAY as the starter... ANY MORE WHINES ABOUT THE GREAT DOC AS A COACH?

Pretty obvious by the poll who everyone thinks should start.  I also don't think its so much about what Ray isn't doing as it is what AB is doing.  He is growing and Ray shouldn't be holding him back.  It does matter to guys who starts and who doesn't, even Ray said he want to start.  I would imagine that AB wants to as well.  Time to move on and hopefully Ray becomes the Manu for us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Re: AVERY over RAY as the starter... ANY MORE WHINES ABOUT THE GREAT DOC AS A COACH?

I think Ray will probably be back in the starting lineup soon. I think you pull him out first and put in Bradley. Then When KG goes out you bring in  Stiemsma you can bring back Ray with second unit when Pierce goes out. Then depending on who's playing better AB or Ray finish out the half and end of the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start? : Great work, doc. You did the total right thing only 24 hours after doing the total wrong thing. Made your critics look like a total fools. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

according to doc, HE didn't make the decision, RAY did- in Doc's own words, Ray approached him and said he wanted to come off the bench.

i thought the coach was supposed to lead the players and not vice versa?

the ray as 6th man project is really a long long time in coming....  glad it's here, but being realistic, it's likely too late.

it's not as easy as saying "that's that" but you have to actually work on the timing of the subs and the rotations, something doc has been.... poor at. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start? : Does anyone know when or if Pietrus will be back?  The Celtics could really use him. 
    Posted by susan250

info from last night: he hasn't been practicing, wearing sunglasses all the time- that's what they said- sounds like issues with headaches if shades 24/7.  they did say that they don't know when he's going to be back.  i wouldn't hold your breath on it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start? : according to doc, HE didn't make the decision, RAY did- in Doc's own words, Ray approached him and said he wanted to come off the bench. i thought the coach was supposed to lead the players and not vice versa? the ray as 6th man project is really a long long time in coming....  glad it's here, but being realistic, it's likely too late. it's not as easy as saying "that's that" but you have to actually work on the timing of the subs and the rotations, something doc has been.... poor at. 
    Posted by aciemvp

Sometimes doc leads... sometime he follows. It really depends on the circumstances. Usually he listens to his favorite players to keep them happy and contented... and lets them decide.

But then again, get on docs bad side by being a PITA  and he might coach you right out of town.

Any names come to mind???

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its up to bradley, i think he might have been feeling the pressure a little bit...he just needs to get more confortable with the starting role..I mean you just took a HOFs spot, and not because of injuries...
    This kid is going to be a solid  starter for years to come,  maybe an all star game here and there..
    .Danny knows his stuff....I knew this kid had talent, and with his D,  i thought he might be a decent backup, i had no idea he would be scary  good..better than Tony Allen....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: AVERY or RAY to start? : according to doc, HE didn't make the decision, RAY did- in Doc's own words, Ray approached him and said he wanted to come off the bench. i thought the coach was supposed to lead the players and not vice versa? the ray as 6th man project is really a long long time in coming....  glad it's here, but being realistic, it's likely too late. it's not as easy as saying "that's that" but you have to actually work on the timing of the subs and the rotations, something doc has been.... poor at. 
    Posted by aciemvp

By Ray making the call, it's better for the team's unity and Bradley's comfort over the situation.  Doc allowing it to happen in a more organic (better for the big picture) way shows me that he is the leader of a great team culture.  It couldn't happen in a better way than for Ray to shift his own role and point to AB saying "go on young man, I got your back". 

Sections
Shortcuts