Avery's Predicament

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Avery's Predicament

Avery Bradley was arguably the most important player on the floor tonight with direct impact on the game with his defensive intensity.

But we also saw tonight that greatness in the NBA is measured by stats. And stat-wise, Avery Bradley SUCKED tonight:

STATSMINFG%REBASTBLKSTLPFPTS
    This Game 28 .286 2 3 0 1 0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Avery's Predicament

Can you believe he only got credit for 1 steal tonight?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Do you think that AB will be All-Defense First Team as a PG (before Paul?) or as a SG (before Tony Allen)?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Avery Bradley is 1st team defense all-nba this season.

But he needs to score more.

This is where Jordan Crawford comes in handy. That's why the Celts need more time for Crawford to get comfortable.

Now tell me whose right? He will not score 'cause he can't shoot (below average maybe). He's afraid to shoot 'cause he's not sure and not a markmanship as you said. Yes, he can defend but his defensive posture does not mean anything unless his teammate will cooperate and help. So, stop your many BS anal-ysis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Wow, you'll think AB should score more?? LOL! Are you serious? His shot is better than Rondo's, his defense will earn him 1st team All Defense. He's not Curry but Curry can't play D like him either.

AB is just fine. He's a 12-15ppg combo guard who plays excellent defense. He missed 30 games and is coming off surgery on both shoulders. He will be better come playoff time when his defense will be more pronounced and even better next year when he's fully healthy.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Do you think that AB will be All-Defense First Team as a PG (before Paul?) or as a SG (before Tony Allen)?

Yes, AB will be 1st team all-nba this season. 

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough! I want to know which position you think he will make the team, so basically if he replaces Allen or Paul (Who both will receive a lot of votes).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't see why this is a predicament.  He is who he is and every team in the NBA would love to have him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

That's the problem. If they go by stats AB will probably be 2nd team. If they actually watched him play TA would be second team sg and Avery would be first team. I don't think Avery is really considered a PG as far as the ADT goes.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

That's the problem. If they go by stats AB will probably be 2nd team. If they actually watched him play TA would be second team sg and Avery would be first team. I don't think Avery is really considered a PG as far as the ADT goes.

Thats the line which seperates media hyped stat stars from the real deal.  Of course, no better example is Rondo and the defensive accolades he used to receive when in actuality, he stunk defensively.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Here's ( http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9053223/avery-bradley-becoming-one-most-feared-defenders-nba ) the link to the article on the subject.

I doubt that AB'll end up on the 1st or even 2nd Defensive Team this year - he doesn't have enough star power and stats. Unfortunately, there're no stats for what he does. Sure, you can count number of steals but nobody counts (see the above mentioned article) the number of turnovers, shot clock expirations and steals by others that were generated by AB's hounding. Not to mentioned the fact that his defence disrupts the opponents' offensive flow.

"... Yes, he can defend but his defensive posture does not mean anything unless his teammate will cooperate and help. ..." CheisChe, if you haven't noticed, basketball is a team sport, so AB doesn't play alone. And his unique talent is utilized by the whole team. Sure, he doesn't rebound like DH and doesn't score like KD and doesn't assist like RR but what he does do is making Celtics one of the best defensive teams in the league. Just let it go, Che. If you want to say that Fierce is this or that just say so without spewing some nonsence about a very good defensive player. Please. And enjoy how AB picks a pocket after pocket.

AK

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You all missed the point. His limited stat line isn't detracting from him as a player. Its just that when people talk about players and their impact on the game, the language that is used is statistics. We saw this last game when we celebrated KG and Pierce reaching new statistical heights. I think that it is evident that Avery's statistics currently do credit him properly for his impact on the game. If you saw his stat line, saw the one steal, you'd say so what? But watching that game, watching him get into Telfair & Lowry's heads, watching him force Toronto turnovers on multiple possessions ... he has a HUGE impact on the game.

I'm just saying he probably will likely never get the credit he deserves as the best perimeter defender in the league. 

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts