Awards!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Awards!

Congrats to both Ron Artest and Lamar Odom for winning the Citizenship Award and the 6th Man of the Year Award respectively. Both great guys and nothing less than deserved for these 2 players from the back to back World Champions Los Angeles Lakers.

Now lets go add a third title so GOAT can leave on a note he richly deserves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Awards!

In Response to Awards!:
    [QUOTE]Congrats to both Ron Artest and Lamar Odom for winning the Citizenship Award and the 6th Man of the Year Award respectively. Both great guys and nothing less than deserved for these 2 players from the back to back World Champions Los Angeles Lakers. Now lets go add a third title so GOAT can leave on a note he richly deserves.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought that Jamal Crawford would win the 6th Man - after all, it's based on contributions and consistency, not just talent

But kudos to Ron Artest.  He's probably my favorite Laker.  I know he does a lot to promote mental health issues

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Awards!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Awards! : I honestly thought that Jamal Crawford would win the 6th Man - after all, it's based on contributions and consistency, not just talent But kudos to Ron Artest.  He's probably my favorite Laker.  I know he does a lot to promote mental health issues
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the one who started this thread is someone who benefitted from Ron Artest's mental health whatever? Laughing

It's really hilarious how these clowns post something totally irrelevant on this forum. I think they're forum squatters. LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

This comes under the category of reputation reclamation.

They must have PR people that they pay to improve their image.

Maybe Kobe should hire them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think kobe's PR team has done an excellent job of restoring his image.  And I actually think Ron is sincere in his efforts and he's a guy I really don't hate that much for being a Laker.

Kobe being on the olympic team was the best thing that he could have done to get his image back and I appreciate his work in that regard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I admit I was stunned that Artest won that award. It's a credit to him that he has turned his life around by getting the help he needed.

LO has a nice game and is a worthy selection for 6th man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Ha Ha, I guess PR really works.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

No boston celtic has ever won this award. Artest is the third Laker to do so. Our guys do alot more off the court helping out with their local communities unlike the green scum. No surprise there admittedly!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]This is about as valid as koME making 1st team all defense!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Guess the sports writers of America have got it wrong on 8 previous occasions then huh? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

[QUOTE]No boston celtic has ever won this award. Artest is the third Laker to do so. Our guys do alot more off the court helping out with their local communities unlike the green scum. No surprise there admittedly!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

That's pretty ignorant thing to say. An insult, really. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are as involved in the community as anyone in the NBA. Pierce still gives back in his hometown of Inglewood, the Lakers' backyard. And KG won it in 2005 when he was with the Wolves. As it is an INDIVIDUAL award, the thing comes with him to Boston as the NBA website clearly shows.

Laker fans are generally very knowledgable, but I see that you are in the shallow end of the talent pool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]Ignorance is bliss!! Keep limiting the paramaters and I'm sure you could make your point......what was your point again??  Oh yeah, NO ONE cares what you post - if that was your point - good job!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Did you find "boston celtic" next to any of the award winners?

Thought so lmao!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Ron Artest...Citizen of the year.... Heh Heh....He must of been distributing the alcohol in the stands during time outs. Tears of laughter rolling down my face.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I admit I was stunned that Artest won that award. It's a credit to him that he has turned his life around by getting the help he needed. LO has a nice game and is a worthy selection for 6th man.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Ron Artest.   It is nice to see him turn his life around and win this award.  I have always liked him even though he definitely had his share of problems.   Not sure that I think that Lamar Odom deserved the 6th man of the year award.   Their are always worthy candidates for this award and sometimes the most deserving player doesn't win.  

Sections
Shortcuts