B. Stevens Says Rondo is a Very Good Shooter!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

B. Stevens Says Rondo is a Very Good Shooter!

Peter Stringer: Stevens on Rondo's shooting: "He's a very good shooter who's put in time to be a good shooter. Better than his statistics would say." Twitter @celtics

Rumors tagsBoston CelticsRajon Rondo  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors  

- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.1NxLhFBu.dpuf

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: B. Stevens Says Rondo is a Very Good Shooter!

I guess this ends the debate! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Not really... what else is he going to say?

But Rondo shooting will continue to improve

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

You can't believe those pesky old numbers about Rondo's chooting skills that go all the way back to HS days.

Hey... 9-11 chooting today speaks for itself. CaptHeatChekk can choot.

This coming from the statistically obsessed, numbers crunching analyst/wonk/coach/ BBF of deadeye R9R.

Pud 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Is this a feeling you have?  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this a feeling you have or maybe just resolution with the multiple personalities you seem to have.

[/QUOTE]

I believe a source / link was provided! Unlike some other poster's thread! LOL! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this a feeling you have or maybe just resolution with the multiple personalities you seem to have.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh never mind, I thought you said that you "guess" this ends the debate.  My bad...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and if it will make you feel any better, from now on, when I express an opinion, I'll preface it by indicating "IMO" so you don't get all bent out of shape.  

However, if its been reported all over various sports news sources for a cpouple+ days, like Deng's public remark about the dysfunctional state of the Cleveland organization, or Irving requesting a trade, or Waiters complaints, then I'm not gonna educate you.  Fair enough?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh never mind, I thought you said that you "guess" this ends the debate.  My bad...

[/QUOTE]

Has your invisible friend re-appeard? Why dont you buy him/her a beer! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

How do you shoot better than what statistics say?  If the stat says you shoot at 40% but somehow you shoot much better than 40%?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

????  I Don't know why you have a stick up your rear, but if you want to instigate bad blood on here with me, then thats your doing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

????  I Don't know why you have a stick up your rear, but if you want to instigate bad blood on here with me, then thats your doing.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting use of terms...hmmmm...based on personal experiences? OR a feeling? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Here's a feeling for you.  I think there's already too much negative detritus and personal squabbling on here.  and if anything, we need more humor and respect for diverse opinions.

I didn't think that I had any issue with you, but if you want to instigate something personal with me (the cause of which I am unaware), then so be it.  I'll respond accordingly.       

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Maybe not a good long range shooter but a very solid mid range shooter... but can be an incredible scorer if need be.  

There's been point guards who could not shoot the long range ball, Eric Snow and Bob Cousy come to mind.  There have been very poor long range shooting point guards who taught themselves to become one, Jason kidd comes to mind.

The bottom line is that if Stevens can reign Rondo in, remind him to stop turning the ball over, we have one of the best point guards in the NBA.  Anyone disregarding this is either biased or a fool.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe not a good long range shooter but a very solid mid range shooter... but can be an incredible scorer if need be.  

There's been point guards who could not shoot the long range ball, Eric Snow and Bob Cousy come to mind.  There have been very poor long range shooting point guards who taught themselves to become one, Jason kidd comes to mind.

The bottom line is that if Stevens can reign Rondo in, remind him to stop turning the ball over, we have one of the best point guards in the NBA.  Anyone disregarding this is either biased or a fool.

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. But, what are the acceptable improved stats in his outside and foul shooting and turnovers... and at what point do you pull the plug on Rondo without improvement but with his upcoming contract negotiations... or his continued insistence to "try free agency"??     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

Here's a feeling for you.  I think there's already too much negative detritus and personal squabbling on here.  and if anything, we need more humor and respect for diverse opinions.

I didn't think that I had any issue with you, but if you want to instigate something personal with me (the cause of which I am unaware), then so be it.  I'll respond accordingly.       

[/QUOTE]

Based on comments contained in your first post, I assumed you had a sense of humor! Are you always this uptight?

Go have a beer Dunker!! Gheeez! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Based on comments contained in your first post, I assumed you had a sense of humor! Are you always this uptight?

Go have a beer Dunker!! Gheeez! 

[/QUOTE]

BCSP I don't detect any humor in your recent posts directed at me... so assume that I will take offense at your tuants.   and I would recemmend that you to go have a beer, but it doesn't sound like you are old enough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Fair enough. But, what are the acceptable improved stats in his outside and foul shooting and turnovers... and at what point do you pull the plug on Rondo without improvement but with his upcoming contract negotiations... or his continued insistence to "try free agency"??     

I could care less about his outside shooting, we need a roster of 2-5 that can shoot from the outside.  If Rondo stops turning the ball over, buys into Steven's defensive philosophy, keep him, there is no upgrade.  You can point to Deron Williams, Chris Paul etc... if you have a point guard that shuts down opposing point guards at every turn, then keep him.

If tonight's Super Bowl and history have taught us anything, it's that defense wins championships.  Wins are the only stat that matters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could care less about his outside shooting, we need a roster of 2-5 that can shoot from the outside.  If Rondo stops turning the ball over, buys into Steven's defensive philosophy, keep him, there is no upgrade.  You can point to Deron Williams, Chris Paul etc... if you have a point guard that shuts down opposing point guards at every turn, then keep him.

If tonight's Super Bowl and history have taught us anything, it's that defense wins championships.

[/QUOTE]

agree, but Rondo's foul shooting and deep shot are not acceptable and IMO are a liability to the team, especailly at the end of games.  He needs to get his foul shooting up to a modest 70% to prevent a "foul-a-Rondo" fiasco and at least have defenses respect his ability to hit a key outside shot instead of daring him to shoot it while blocking the middle and covering other more competent shooters.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a Fiercy jab over Dunk's beer contest ... Are you his clone?

[/QUOTE]

No Eldunker, I am not! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a Fiercy jab over Dunk's beer contest ... Are you his clone?

[/QUOTE]

Just what we need, another Fiercy troll....

By the way, I intend to post another contest for the next draft... and like last time, must correctly guess the Celtics first two picks or if a trade, must guess the team that either or both picks are traded too, not the player involved in the trade. 

Nobody guessed Dallas in the last draft, so there was no winner... case closed, except of course for the trolls, because trolls have no integrity. Their purpose is to disrupt.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts