Baby walk year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Baby walk year

Kind of makes me nervous watching D LEE at 6/$80 and what he brings to the table and watching what Baby brings to the table. Baby has put himself in a real nice position to cash in. Celts need to and want to resign Baby, but what will he command and can they pay Baby and Perk? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Baby walk year

Too early to talk about contracts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It is actually not too early. If the Celts feel they cannot afford Baby, then he is a moveable asset at the trade deadline. I think that the Celts have only 2 realistic assets that can return value, Baby and Semih. I don't think Nate can return value, only salary filler.
    I do not want to move either Semih or Baby, I think they are a big part of the future. But if Baby is looking for 4/$60, do the Celts think about moving him for value this season and beyond?
    The deadline deals for the Celts without including Baby or Semih are zero. They have to wait buyouts and then recruit against every other team. If the Celts do include Baby, then the return will have equal value.
    Again, I do not want to trade Baby. But I also do not see the Celts going 4/$60 and I don't want to see him walk after this year for no return

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would move Semih if it would get us something of value.  After last night though you would not get a bag of balls for him.  Semih played a horrible game and seemed to have learned little from his year here.  Nate has value even after he has played so poorly.

BBD will be signed.  What would you bring here by replacing him that has equal or more value to the team? The guy is great, anchoring the second team and playing with the starters when Perk gets the jitters.  Which last night was often.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think Ainge has to approach BBD's agent over the next few days and ask him what numbers he's expecting. It would be kind of hard to trade BBD right now just because of our injury situation but if Ainge can turn BBD, Nate and JON into a backup PF AND backup SF of quality he may have to do it.

It would probably be better to wait for a backup SF to get bought out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

SORRY TO THOSE EXPECTING BBD TO BE TRADED AT DEADLINE BECAUSE IT'S NOT HAPPENING!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Baby walk year:
    [QUOTE]Too early to talk about contracts.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

How can you talk about every possible trade without talking about contracts?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby walk year : How can you talk about every possible trade without talking about contracts?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    You don't want to talk about every possible trade.  Only the relevant ones.  That's why BBD in a trade scenario doesn't get a favorable response on the board.  It doesn't make any sense to trade your only effective bench player on a weak bench.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The way things are with our bigs right now, I would hold on to BBD UNLESS you can get a Battier AND Murphy deal.

I would be ok with Murphy and Battier if we lost BBD, Nate and JON and a pick.

I just don't think a major deal like that can get done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias - I don't always agree with your "gotta have a trade now", but other than your "Camby for BbD" thing - you've at least shown some basketball knowledge.  So, answer this:   Why in the WORLD would you say you'd take Battier and Murphy?   Murphy is 6'11" tall but gets 4 rebounds per game, averages 34% field goal shooting, 17% 3 point shooint, 52% from the free throw line, is slow and can't play D, has 0.3 shot blocks per game, etc.  He's HORRIBLE.  Why in the world would you even CONSIDER wanting this guy?   How do you possibly think he can replace BBD?   He can't guard centers, can't guard power forwards, and can't shoot and can't rebound.  What's to like about him?

Doc and Danny would NEVER trade for this bum!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Bias - I don't always agree with your "gotta have a trade now", but other than your "Camby for BbD" thing - you've at least shown some basketball knowledge.  So, answer this:   Why in the WORLD would you say you'd take Battier and Murphy?   Murphy is 6'11" tall but gets 4 rebounds per game, averages 34% field goal shooting, 17% 3 point shooint, 52% from the free throw line, is slow and can't play D, has 0.3 shot blocks per game, etc.  He's HORRIBLE.  Why in the world would you even CONSIDER wanting this guy?   How do you possibly think he can replace BBD?   He can't guard centers, can't guard power forwards, and can't shoot and can't rebound.  What's to like about him? Doc and Danny would NEVER trade for this bum!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

This will be really difficult for Danny.  He needs to start thinking about cutting payroll as the BIG 3 inevitably fade away and provide management with funding to sign good players.  Danny will not be here.  He will be playing golf in AZ and spending time with his children and grandchildren and hoping that he does not have another heart attack.

The Cs will be left with an overpaid point guard and a 20 to 25 win team.

This is a very slippery slope for Danny and ownership.

There are Davis's drafted every year and someone who cannot read or write the basic language of his own country should pretty much be able to be replaced by any number of other players in the league - give me Warrick, Turiaf, Gadzuric, and a whole bunch of other guys in the league that can easily step in and do what Baby does.

Danny is in a tough position - he needs to assess how to wind down the BIG 3 and leave ownership in position to be on the upside of the cycle of the NBA - plenty of cap space, some young talent, etc.  Unfortunately he will not be in that position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Laughed Out Loud at your comments, Dudder.  Not because they were "funny" but because they're so negative and off.  BBD is not easily replaced given he plays multiple positions and brings the energy/hustle that others can't.  He's a better 6th man than 90% of the 6th men in the league.   Unfortunate that you sell him short but that's your style......down on BBD (and trying to insult his intelligence), down on Danny, Down on Rondo, etc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

[QUOTE]Bias - I don't always agree with your "gotta have a trade now", but other than your "Camby for BbD" thing - you've at least shown some basketball knowledge.  So, answer this:   Why in the WORLD would you say you'd take Battier and Murphy?   Murphy is 6'11" tall but gets 4 rebounds per game, averages 34% field goal shooting, 17% 3 point shooint, 52% from the free throw line, is slow and can't play D, has 0.3 shot blocks per game, etc.  He's HORRIBLE.  Why in the world would you even CONSIDER wanting this guy?   How do you possibly think he can replace BBD?   He can't guard centers, can't guard power forwards, and can't shoot and can't rebound.  What's to like about him? Doc and Danny would NEVER trade for this bum!

Umm

Murphy averaged 11.8 rebounds 2 years ago.  his numbers this year are the annomally. He's averaged over 10 boards a game 6 times in his career and also 39% on his 3's..  Take a deeper look and look on the trade rumors and you'll find Several teams very interested in him.

He and Battier would be great off the bench..   I would however hate to lose baby as always rises to the occasion in big moments and for Murphy that is an unknown..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ok, CelticJay.  I took an additional look (although I still believe that recent performance is the key and when comparing his recent performance to BBD's recent performance, there's NO WAY I'd even come close to considering it......if for the issue of defense, alone).

On 3 point %, he's had years as low as 17% (this year) to 45% (2 years ago).  His field goal percentage for an 6'11" guy has NEVER been above 47%.  That means he has no inside game.....purely a jump shooter and as he gets old, that jump shot is failing.  Two years ago, you're right, his rebounding was over 10 rb/gm but I contend THAT was the exception.  Since 06, his average has been 7 rebounds as a starter playing about 30 mins/game.  Remove his good year (I contend it was the exception) and his average is just over 5 rb/game!   

On a Celtics team that focuses on defense, he is NOT quick of foot and is not a shot blocker.  So, he can't guard any of our key opponents (can't guard Boozer or Noah or Bosh or Gasol).   

So, I repeat....what's his value and if he has ANY value - how in the world could anybody prefer him over Davis who can play multiple positions and is strong enough to battle Centers?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

I am with you wanting Baby also.  Murphy is a much much better rebounder and has 3point range but I think baby fits in better with the celts.  He's a very good defender for his size and knows the system. If murphy is bought out and doesn't cost much he will be a good pick up.  He's far superior to Semi and we still can't rely on the Oneals. I just think it is smart of Ainge to consider all options as in the end we really need a defense minded wing to give Pierce a rest and to provide some resistance to the likes of (Lebron, Anthony, Deng etc).  If we could get a Battier and a Murphy I'd pefer it to a combo of Baby and Wafer...

We'll see soon though what Mr Ainge does...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

There are Davis's drafted every year but they don't come in the second round and most do not mature into the player Davis has become.  He is a big part of our team now and in the future (even if the future has a trade in it for him)  I have watched the guy since high school and many on this board made fun of him a lot, but he has become a NBA player, right now the best team to finish a game with is with Davis and KG on the floor.  I think he will yet improve more and deserves a contract of say four years for 30 million.  Celts can do it or watch somebody else do it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I really like Baby. He's got alot of guts and brings it almost every night. Just occasionaly I'd like to see him kicking more behind under the basket than shooting J's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Like flop on the ground when goin up for layups or try to shoot three pointers when your 265 lbs and 6'9.

PLEASE TRADE HIM possibly nate and with a package for battier and Courtney LEE

BBD is garbage.... he has one good game out of 5 crappy games and everyone jumps on his sack.

This time last year everyone wanted to trade him for D.J. AUGUSTIN, Everyone needs to get OFF THE BBD bandwagon.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby walk year : This will be really difficult for Danny.  He needs to start thinking about cutting payroll as the BIG 3 inevitably fade away and provide management with funding to sign good players.  Danny will not be here.  He will be playing golf in AZ and spending time with his children and grandchildren and hoping that he does not have another heart attack. The Cs will be left with an overpaid point guard and a 20 to 25 win team. This is a very slippery slope for Danny and ownership. There are Davis's drafted every year and someone who cannot read or write the basic language of his own country should pretty much be able to be replaced by any number of other players in the league - give me Warrick, Turiaf, Gadzuric, and a whole bunch of other guys in the league that can easily step in and do what Baby does. Danny is in a tough position - he needs to assess how to wind down the BIG 3 and leave ownership in position to be on the upside of the cycle of the NBA - plenty of cap space, some young talent, etc.  Unfortunately he will not be in that position.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Like flop on the ground when goin up for layups or try to shoot three pointers when your 265 lbs and 6'9. PLEASE TRADE HIM possibly nate and with a package for battier and Courtney LEE BBD is garbage.... he has one good game out of 5 crappy games and everyone jumps on his sack. This time last year everyone wanted to trade him for D.J. AUGUSTIN, Everyone needs to get OFF THE BBD bandwagon. In Response to Re: Baby walk year :
    Posted by clarkeyj1[/QUOTE]

Too bad, you're going to have to watch that garbage play for the Celtics until the season is over. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

The problem with your arguement is BBD doesnt play D, nor does he rebound, except for the mistake he had the other night against GS scrubs. BBD thinks hes a Guard so it doesnt matter about the jump shot percentage because its just as bad and im pretty sure ill take 17% over BBDs 11% Three point average... yes... 1-9, my question is why would he even take more then 2?

[QUOTE]Ok, CelticJay.  I took an additional look (although I still believe that recent performance is the key and when comparing his recent performance to BBD's recent performance, there's NO WAY I'd even come close to considering it......if for the issue of defense, alone). On 3 point %, he's had years as low as 17% (this year) to 45% (2 years ago).  His field goal percentage for an 6'11" guy has NEVER been above 47%.  That means he has no inside game.....purely a jump shooter and as he gets old, that jump shot is failing.  Two years ago, you're right, his rebounding was over 10 rb/gm but I contend THAT was the exception.  Since 06, his average has been 7 rebounds as a starter playing about 30 mins/game.  Remove his good year (I contend it was the exception) and his average is just over 5 rb/game!    On a Celtics team that focuses on defense, he is NOT quick of foot and is not a shot blocker.  So, he can't guard any of our key opponents (can't guard Boozer or Noah or Bosh or Gasol).    So, I repeat....what's his value and if he has ANY value - how in the world could anybody prefer him over Davis who can play multiple positions and is strong enough to battle Centers?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby walk year : Too bad, you're going to have to watch that garbage play for the Celtics until the season is over. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Trust me I know. I just hope Perkins, Oneals, and Daniels all get healthy to cut off his playing time and i wont yell at my tv like i have been for the past few years.

I thought i would of changed 2 years ago when he hit the playoff shot for the win in game 4 but nope. I still hate him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The problem with your arguement is BBD doesnt play D, nor does he rebound, except for the mistake he had the other night against GS scrubs. BBD thinks hes a Guard so it doesnt matter about the jump shot percentage because its just as bad and im pretty sure ill take 17% over BBDs 11% Three point average... yes... 1-9, my question is why would he even take more then 2? In Response to Re: Baby walk year :

BBD doesn't play D? Are you blind or just an idiot?

BBD leads the league in charges taken! That's sacrificing your body! You really think taking charges is an easy thing to do? 

Try taking a charge from a 200 pound NBA player. I dare you!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby walk year : Trust me I know. I just hope Perkins, Oneals, and Daniels all get healthy to cut off his playing time and i wont yell at my tv like i have been for the past few years. I thought i would of changed 2 years ago when he hit the playoff shot for the win in game 4 but nope. I still hate him.

Your hate is clouding your judgement. BBD is a 6th man of the year candidate. That fact alone should tell you that he's really good this season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Clarkey, Not only does BBD take charges, hit jump shots, go underneath, play backup center and back up power forward, he plays D against centers - pushing them out of their comfort zone and away from the basket (ask Dwight Howard who kept him out of the last play against us in the last game we played against them).  

And your comment about the hate.....are you really a Celtic fan?  If you are, don't you like to see them win?  When they win and the 5 players in at crunch time are Rondo, Ray, KG, Paul and yes - BBD!!   You don't like those wins?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Cant argue that BBD is a big contributor to this team. Hes great off the bench at PF but often times hes had to play center due to injuries and give up his game.

We cant afford to lose him.  He'll be a good player for any other NBA team but hes almost a great player for our team. Therefore, its doubtful we can get back equal talent in return for him. Even then, the new guy has to learn our system from scratch... and its a little more complicated than the Knicks system...big negative.

Sections
Shortcuts