Back to Back to Back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Back to Back to Back

Should Doc rest the big three on the second night of the 3. Not only will it give the big three a rest but it could build confidence for our reserves as we are going to need them in the playoffs.

How does a line up of Rondo Bradley Daniels Bass Steimsma look?? with Dooling Pavlovic Hollins playing key roles off the bench, and moore & johnson getting a little playing time. Can they beat a team like new jersey or charlotte??

Also another reason this would be a good idea, is because you dont want the big three to come into the second night and be sluggish and allow the other team to stay in the game and possibly steal the game. Then be forced to play them the next night so you dont drop two out of the three and then they are even more out of gas and still lose two out of the three, if not all three.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Back to Back to Back

Starting tonight the Celtics have 8 games in 10 days. This could be a make or break. I would rest the big 3 against Charlotte if anybody.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Agree, i would also rest them against Charlotte and the Nets. Our bench can take care of business, giving our big 4 some much needed rest in this crucial stretch where HEALTH IS KEY!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I can't imagine Doc would not resort to this, unless there is a need to finish better in the standings.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Well with Atlanta being one of our possible first round opponents, I think we need to win this game and take it seriously. Due to our recent history with Atlanta i think its important we send a message to them and to ourselves. That we are ready for them.

We have proven to be real contenders but we havent proven that we can consistently win against younger more atheletic and physical teams (minus miami). So this game is just as important as any other game in the rest of our schedule.

Besides, im not sure resting them before the back to back to back will do much justice. Were more safe resting them during the back to back to back. IMO

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

I believe that is a bigger gamble, resting them tomorrow and possibly losing, they still may not be able to handle three nights in a row. Letting them play tomorrow, have a day off, then play again, then rest them against a less talented team, and then having them play the last of the back to back to back. Although we played 4 games in 5 nights the big 3 will have only played every other night as opposed to them have 2 nights off then playing 3 nights in a row.

You dont think this is the better option?? Its much less of a gamble and also, depending on tomoorow and fridays game you can adjust and still play the big 3 if need so, rather then getting to saturday and not being able to take back that game we gave up to Atlantra

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think a reduced role would be better. How about playing just the first half???
    or reduce minutes...or maybe just sit KG and Pierce.. and let Ray play some...I want to see Hollings get some minutes to develop his game....We are going to need some contributions from him eventually...just to rest the starters and in case of fowls. Especially Steimer, he still gets into foul trouble ..
    I dont' have the words to due justice, to describe KG today..
    especially in the fourth qtr.
    .Like Doc said, he has never been around a player with that mentality to win.. High praise...well deserved..I can see Rondo having that mentality and ability in the near future..at least, I hope so..he's making those shots more frequently.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Not a chance I would even consider giving the Big 3 a night off...

For one thing, we're in a great rhythm right now finally and I wouldnt want to disrupt that with the playoffs so alose.

More importantly, are only 3 or 4 losses away from possibly missing the playoffs completely. Pop is resting the Spurs players cause they have clinched a playoff spot. We are not in such a position.  We have to continue to win games until we dont have to anymore....then Doc can think about giving players a day off

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Back to Back to Back:
    Not a chance I would even consider giving the Big 3 a night off... For one thing, we're in a great rhythm right now finally and I wouldnt want to disrupt that with the playoffs so alose. More importantly, are only 3 or 4 losses away from possibly missing the playoffs completely. Pop is resting the Spurs players cause they have clinched a playoff spot. We are not in such a position.  We have to continue to win games until we dont have to anymore....then Doc can think about giving players a day off
    Posted by Karllost

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Back to Back to Back : +1
    Posted by basketbert

Karl is right, the risk of injury is always there though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Better to take the bird in hand and get the easy win over charlotte.  With any luck the big 3 would only have to play 20min each anyway.  With the win tucked away, then we can consider taking the L in the next game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Back to Back to Back:
    Should Doc rest the big three on the second night of the 3. Not only will it give the big three a rest but it could build confidence for our reserves as we are going to need them in the playoffs. How does a line up of Rondo Bradley Daniels Bass Steimsma look?? with Dooling Pavlovic Hollins playing key roles off the bench, and moore & johnson getting a little playing time. Can they beat a team like new jersey or charlotte?? Also another reason this would be a good idea, is because you dont want the big three to come into the second night and be sluggish and allow the other team to stay in the game and possibly steal the game. Then be forced to play them the next night so you dont drop two out of the three and then they are even more out of gas and still lose two out of the three, if not all three.
    Posted by stackgtr

I thought this thread was about the 2000-2002 Lakers. I sure wish my beloved Celtics could win back to back titles, much less 3-peat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

In Response to Back to Back to Back : I thought this thread was about the 2000-2002 Lakers. I sure wish my beloved Celtics could win back to back titles, much less 3-peat.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Rejoice Rico! You beloved Celtics have won 3 titles in a row three times in a row. NINE STRAIGHT! Oh if only my beleoved Lakers could accomplish that. Alas, we are now a weak team humilated just the other day by the mighty Suns. 

I hope you are enjoying this historic Run by your Celtics in which they are playing once in a generation Defense. My lakers  on the other hand are falling apart. Our starting Center is a petulent child who can't stay in games. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Back to Back to Back : Rejoice Rico! You beloved Celtics have won 3 titles in a row three times in a row. NINE STRAIGHT! Oh if only my beleoved Lakers could accomplish that. Alas, we are now a weak team humilated just the other day by the mighty Suns.  I hope you are enjoying this historic Run by your Celtics in which they are playing once in a generation Defense. My lakers  on the other hand are falling apart. Our starting Center is a petulent child who can't stay in games.   
    Posted by RicoLakerfan

Classy post my friend!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

win the division and then rest all the games you can.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

win the division and then rest all the games you can.
    Posted by OneOnOne

that still does not give them home court in the first round.  They need a top four record for that.  No rest for the wicked.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Not a chance I would even consider giving the Big 3 a night off... For one thing, we're in a great rhythm right now finally and I wouldnt want to disrupt that with the playoffs so alose. More importantly, are only 3 or 4 losses away from possibly missing the playoffs completely. Pop is resting the Spurs players cause they have clinched a playoff spot. We are not in such a position.  We have to continue to win games until we dont have to anymore....then Doc can think about giving players a day off
    Posted by Karllost

Agree with you.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Back to Back to Back : that still does not give them home court in the first round.  They need a top four record for that.  No rest for the wicked. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Playoffs
    Posted by snakeoil123

thats OK , still want to win the division.  That a accomplishment considering all they been thru.  Can't never tell if they win the division there is a possibility of moving in front of both Atlanta and Orlando.  I think we have tiebreaker over both.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I think it's a longshot that we overtake Indiana for the 3 spot.
    Their 2 games up and their remaining schedule is easier than ours.

If that's the case, we're now competing for the 4 slot AND homecourt in the 1st round.

Remaining schedules of Boston, Atlanta, & Orlando (currently 4,5,6 and tied with identical records)

Celts
    Apr 13 @ Toronto
    Apr 14 @ NJ
    Apr 15 @ Charlotte
    Apr 17 @ Knicks
    Apr 18 vs Magic
    Apr 20 @ Hawks
    Apr 24 vs Miami
    Apr 26 vs Bucks

Hawks
    Apr 13 @ Orlando
    Apr 15 vs Toronto
    Apr 16 @ Toronto
    Apr 18 vs Detroit
    Apr 20 vs Boston
    Apr 22 vs Knicks
    Apr 24 vs Clippers
    Apr 26 vs Dallas

Magic
    Apr 13 @ Atlanta
    Apr 15 @ Cleveland
    Apr 16 vs 76'ers
    Apr 18 @ Boston
    Apr 21 @ Utah
    Apr 22 @ Denver
    Apr 25 vs Charlotte
    Apr 26 @ Memphis

As much as I'd like to see Doc rest some of the vets in the middle game of the back to back to back, I don't think he will because it's just too tight now.
    Hope it helps, rather then hurts our playoff chances.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Take it quarter by quarter, literally. If the Celtics go up big, play the third-stringers and hope they can hold their own. Another consideration would be to rest them on different nights. For example, rest Allen in Toronto (giving his ankles three days since he last played). Rest Pierce in New Jersey (I think the Celtics could get by with Pietrus and Pavlovic; Garnett is important for that game because of Lopez and Humphries). Rest Garnett in Charlotte. This way, none of them play all three of the back to back to back, but they don't hurt the Celtics' chances too much by each missing the same game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Back to Back to Back : I thought this thread was about the 2000-2002 Lakers. I sure wish my beloved Celtics could win back to back titles, much less 3-peat.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

I feel for ya Snoop cause as you know the NBA is now a legit world league with the best players on the planet-unlike the bush league of the 60s with it's +9 team league and very small playoffs with no 3-pt shots etc etc etc. Had the NBA stayed the same, basketball would not exist anywhere as we know it. Perhaps that's why your Boston Celtics haven't gone back to back because they haven't really moved on from the bush league days.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Take it quarter by quarter, literally. If the Celtics go up big, play the third-stringers and hope they can hold their own. Another consideration would be to rest them on different nights. For example, rest Allen in Toronto (giving his ankles three days since he last played). Rest Pierce in New Jersey (I think the Celtics could get by with Pietrus and Pavlovic; Garnett is important for that game because of Lopez and Humphries). Rest Garnett in Charlotte. This way, none of them play all three of the back to back to back, but they don't hurt the Celtics' chances too much by each missing the same game.
    Posted by davidap

Lopez is not coming back this season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

I think it's a longshot that we overtake Indiana for the 3 spot. Their 2 games up and their remaining schedule is easier than ours. If that's the case, we're now competing for the 4 slot AND homecourt in the 1st round. Remaining schedules of Boston, Atlanta, & Orlando (currently 4,5,6 and tied with identical records) Celts Apr 13 @ Toronto Apr 14 @ NJ Apr 15 @ Charlotte Apr 17 @ Knicks Apr 18 vs Magic Apr 20 @ Hawks Apr 24 vs Miami Apr 26 vs Bucks
    Posted by breaktime

This is a schedule? Leastern conference trash playing against each other lmao. No wonder the wild wild west continually beats up on the soft soft Least.

Sections
Shortcuts