Bad News for Jeff Green Fans

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Re: Bad News for Jeff Green Fans

Bad Karma.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Bad News for Jeff Green Fans:
    [QUOTE]SherrodbCSN  If the  #Celtics  Jeff Green is lost for an extended period of time, the C's are expected to give some thought to bringing J. Posey back. about 1 minute ago  ·  reply  ·  retweet  ·  favorite
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I am not really surprised that he will miss some time.   I just wish him the best and hope that he can recover from whatever is wrong.  I read that they should be releasing more news about his medical problems tomorrow. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce
    How long before we can sign a player with some of the Green money?  We better do it soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

i agree that this changes everything. i wish Jeff a speedy recovery but Danny should consider blowing up the team now if a decent trade opportunity materializes. This Celtics team with the big 3 are done as contenders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Blowing up the team?  Over Jeff Green?  Please.

Green isn't that good.

The real question is why would you sign him when he has an issue that will put him out of action?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

they signed him BEFORE the physical, obviously they didn't know about it.

Who is out there to get with that 4.5 million?

Be nice if Dalembert would take it.

From everything I have heard Jermaine is going to have a solid season knock on wood he doesn't geta new injury but the old ones are apparently not an issue anymore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Didn't he have to take a physical when we got him in the trade last year?
    Makes you wonder about doctors.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Prayers for Jeff Green, everything else is meaningless. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Delambert would be great for us if the contract gets voided he would be good for us and we would be good for him. I am clueless how or if that is a $$ possibility (ies) if any results in ahe conclusion of the contract and cap space. If we get 9 mil back this late we may get 2 decent guys like Delembert and an amnesty guy Outlaw Arenas or Carter. I was really looking for Green to be a big contributor this year,too bad. I hope he's Ok and it's not a Hank Gathers/ Reggie Lewis kind of condition. Hopefully it is just something minor and this was just some kind of fluke or something. The kids health actually is the big issue here not the possible roster ramifications.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Feel bad for Jeff Green and while not knowing the deal, wish him well. This is a bit of a blow to the Celts but at the same time, Green just wasn't/isn't that good so it's not like we were a championship team and now we're not. We're just not. 

p.s. the Perkins trade and non-signing is looking worse and worse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Bad News for Jeff Green Fans:
    [QUOTE]Didn't he have to take a physical when we got him in the trade last year? Makes you wonder about doctors.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]
    Maybe the C's should just do like the Sox did and blow-up their medical staff. I don't think my heart can't take another mash-unit season of waiting to hear from Doc & DA to give us the latest injury updates from the training room every week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I do hope Green gets healthy, but this is actually (while a horrible thing for a player, and never anything to be celebrated) a huge plus for the C's. They should use this money to go get the best center who will take it. They are solidly 2 or 3 deep at every position other than C.

PG-Rondo, Dooling
    SG-Ray, Moore, Avery
    SF-Pierce, Daniels, Sasha
    PF-KG, Bass, JJ, Wilcox
    C-JO, and the NBADL kid

Now I hope the kid pans out, but right now there is no solid #2 Center and JO is likely to miss at least a little time, and KG Bass JJ and Wilcox shouldn't be counted on as everyday NBA centers.

This is still a very solid playoff team with some exciting possibilities. Losing Green does not close the door on that...it actually opens an even bigger one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Ever wonder why he was averaging double digits with OKC..getting some rebounds couple of assists and then comes to a teams that may not understand that hes a player that needs to be used....maybe its doc and the coaches that make players regress...just maybe...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Maybe take a flyer on a kid like Kyrylo Fesenko...7-1/280 Kid who (granted it's from highlight reels) looks to be a big body talent. I'd rather see that than someone like Sweetney in camp. Kid's only 25 and has 4 seasons in Utah under his belt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Assuming the contract is voided due to failure to pass the physical can the Celtics use that money when they are still over the cap? Jeff was a roster player RFA, I do not know enough about the CBA to know if that money can now go to a non-roster FA, but since the team is still over the cap without his salary I would guess not? Any capologists care to opine?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoastAudio. Show EastCoastAudio's posts

[QUOTE]Assuming the contract is voided due to failure to pass the physical can the Celtics use that money when they are still over the cap? Jeff was a roster player RFA, I do not know enough about the CBA to know if that money can now go to a non-roster FA, but since the team is still over the cap without his salary I would guess not? Any capologists care to opine?
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

From what (I think) I know, since we are more than the $9million Jeff Green would of made over the cap, even if his contract is voided we wont have any cap space to get a servicable replacement, still only vet. minimums. Unless he's out for the year, then I think we can get a $5million dollar one year replacement player exception, but if we do by then our only realistic hope would be one of the guys stuck in china(wilson chandler, jr smith, kenyon martin, aaron brooks). Because we should be into the season by then unless Danny's already applied to the league for one?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from granslam. Show granslam's posts

Jeff Green should never have been here anyway!! Its easy to see that he is West Coast player--not physical at all!! The East conference is way more physical, and Green's game doesnt match up!! He's a SOFT player!! That being said---get well.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bad News for Jeff Green Fans : If Jeff Green does end up with a medical condition and unable to play, the Celts can ask for a disabled player exception. Meaning the Celts can use 50% of Jeff's salary or the average player salary, which ever is less, to sign a player or to trade for a player.  Jeff Green has to be out for the season for the Celts to get the disabled player exception.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification Fierce. Sounds like the worst case scenario for the C's would be that Green is in & out of medical care, misses a lot of the season, but the C's still cannot use his money to sign someone. Let's hope the C's don't get stuck in this middle ground and they either find meds to help him manage his condition effectively or they're able to just shut him down for the year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wfdog,
    Good point that is the type of no man's land I think we could end up in.  The Perkins trade seems like it killed us last year and now we have to have it killing us this year. 

Sections
Shortcuts