Banner 18 will now require a miracle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Banner 18 will now require a miracle

WHAT championship contender tries to replace a very key player AND work in FIVE new players in less than half a season!

Think about that.

Has it ever been done before?

I can't believe that Doc was in favor of this.

I bet this whole thing was shoved down their throats by Pagliuca and Wyc!

Danny and Doc can't be this clueless!!!!

Can they?!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Banner 18 will now require a miracle

WHo says if the Perk trade didnt occur, this mess wouldnt still be going on?

Did you forget last season? The C's stunk it up lots worse than what youre seeing now with Perk in the middle.

Maybe some of the guys on this team get run down mentally & physically after a long season and just cant get into that extra gear.  We'd all like to think the players can gut it out against Minn or Indy in reg season games but no matter how you try to look at it, these games cant motivate them like a playoff game can.

Now I dont really know what the issue is or even if its just one issue or many. This Perk thing is overblown imo... Hurt feelings??? Come on, half these guys have grown up alot harder for something like this to affect them .

We cant point to Perk cause we suked last season against bad teams too... we slumped big time.  So whatever it is... Rondo, PP, Ray etc, theres nobody gonna figure it out, its just gonna take care of itself.. hopefully soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

One play last night summed up the Celtics perfectly. Down 4 with about a minute left, and desperately needing a stop, they let some scrub from Indiana start from behind the three point line and and drive right through the paint for a layup. Completely untouched.

I get that some dum bass traded away Perk. And that's hurt the interior D. And the players say all the right things. But it's obvious they just don't care. Losing doesn't really bother them the way it should. I hate to say it, but this team is soft. And it has been for a while. How many times do they have to lay down in front of awful teams before you say it? Pride should have kicked in a long time ago. And it stretches back to last year. Everybody whines about the officiating. And I'm just as guilty as everyone else. But think about it. They went to LA with a chance to close out the Lakers in game 6. Everyone seems to forget that. And they didn't even show up. And you can make excuses for game 7: The refs. The Lakers were a good team. It was on the road. The fact of the matter is the Celtics were the better team talent wise. And they couldn't even hiold on to a double digit lead late in game 7 of the Finals. With the championship on the line. I'm sorry, but if the Celtics were a mentally tough team they would have pulled out one of those games. The Celtics remind me of the 90s Jazz. They probably had enough talent to beat the Bulls in the Finals. Jordan just wanted it more. Sometimes NBA basketball comes down to that. And the Celtics are soft. And you can't fix soft. Look at the Colts.

They have three aging stars. Allen is streaky and a one trick pony. Garnett, for all his bluster is scared to take shots in crunch time. He should be dominating games late. As talented he is, he could have been one of the best players of all time. But he just doesn't have that in him. Pierce, like all the big three simply isn't interested in giving 100% every night anymore. They all want to flip a switch on and off when they feel like it. The hallmark of a soft team- no killer instinct.

Furthermore, there is quite a division in the locker room between the young players and the old. Ithas been reported that some of the youger players feel (including Perk) that it should be thier team because they put in more effort. Which means they resent the older players' lack of hustle.

Speaking of the young players you have BBD and Rondo, who both think they are better than they are. Davis is constantly trying to force things when he shouldn't. As Doc puts it: He forgets he's Glen Davis.  As for Rondo. What a mess. He wont listen to the coach. He sulks and pouts like a woman. He can't shoot. And he is a liability late in games. It is becoming clear giving him 55 million dollars was a mistake. Ive always said Rondo would hurt us when the big three retired because you can't build a team around him. But I thought he was perfect for the current team. Now, with the attitude problem, I'm starting to think I was wrong. He has become a stat who re. Consistently passing up layups for assisst attempts.

Then you have guys like Jeff Green. Who could score 20 on any given night just as easily as he could score five. I realize that kind of inconsistency is what you should expect from a bench player. But Danny gutted the core of this team to get that guy. He should be having more impact than Delonte West. Our offense hasn't really gotten any better. But the defense did get worse. Just a teribble trade.

Look at the Bulls. Not a ton of talent. But they are a team. They play hard every night. They don't quit. Which is what the Celtics were in 08. Obviously, they were more talented than the current Bulls team. But they played  with fire and passion. That's gone now. The closest they come to that now is Garnett taking cheap shots at guys junk, like a punk.

Hopefully the Celtics prove me completely wrong. But I would be willing to bet money they don't.

There. I'm done rambling. I just had tro get that off my chest

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Re: Banner 18 will now require a miracle:
    "The closest they come to that now is Garnett taking cheap shots at guys junk, like a punk." KG will be KG when it comes to being a punk. But he's OUR punk! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

I was one of the guys that would defend KG to the death. I'm not saying I have a problem with him now. I don't know how to put it. I guess I just lost some respect for the guy after that. If he weren't a Celtic, I would  probably hate him for that cheap shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I'm not pulling for an 18th banner, but I do hope the Celtics get things together enough to reach the finals. Assuming the Lakers get that far (which is looking more likely lately), it just wouldn't be the same matching up with a Bulls or Miami team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

A near miracle, in my opinion, but heck, it happens - some here might remember the Giants and Superbowl XLII? Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

One play last night summed up the Celtics perfectly. Down 4 with about a minute left, and desperately needing a stop, they let some scrub from Indiana start from behind the three point line and and drive right through the paint for a layup. Completely untouched.

I get that some dum bass traded away Perk. And that's hurt the interior D. And the players say all the right things. But it's obvious they just don't care. Losing doesn't really bother them the way it should. I hate to say it, but this team is soft. And it has been for a while. How many times do they have to lay down in front of awful teams before you say it?  Pride should have kicked in a long time ago. And it stretches back to last year. Everybody whines about the officiating. And I'm just as guilty as everyone else. But think about it. They went to LA with a chance to close out the Lakers in game 6. Everyone seems to forget that. And they didn't even show up. And you can make excuses for game 7: The refs. The Lakers were a good team. It was on the road. The fact of the matter is the Celtics were the better team talent wise. And they couldn't even hiold on to a double digit lead late in game 7 of the Finals. With the championship on the line. I'm sorry, but if the Celtics were a mentally tough team they would have pulled out one of those games. The Celtics remind me of the 90s Jazz. They probably had enough talent to beat the Bulls in the Finals. Jordan just wanted it more. Sometimes NBA basketball comes down to that. And the Celtics are soft. And you can't fix soft. Look at the Colts.

They have three aging stars. Allen is streaky and a one trick pony. Garnett, for all his bluster is scared to take shots in crunch time. He should be dominating games late. As talented he is, he could have been one of the best players of all time. But he just doesn't have that in him. Pierce, like all the big three simply isn't interested in giving 100% every night anymore. They all want to flip a switch on and off when they feel like it. The hallmark of a soft team- no killer instinct.

Furthermore, there is quite a division in the locker room between the young players and the old. Ithas been reported that some of the youger players feel (including Perk) that it should be thier team because they put in more effort. Which means they resent the older players' lack of hustle.

Speaking of the young players you have BBD and Rondo, who both think they are better than they are. Davis is constantly trying to force things when he shouldn't. As Doc puts it: He forgets he's Glen Davis.  As for Rondo. What a mess. He wont listen to the coach. He sulks and pouts like a woman. He can't shoot. And he is a liability late in games. It is becoming clear giving him 55 million dollars was a mistake. Ive always said Rondo would hurt us when the big three retired because you can't build a team around him. But I thought he was perfect for the current team. Now, with the attitude problem, I'm starting to think I was wrong. He has become a stat who re. Consistently passing up layups for assisst attempts.

Then you have guys like Jeff Green. Who could score 20 on any given night just as easily as he could score five. I realize that kind of inconsistency is what you should expect from a bench player. But Danny gutted the core of this team to get that guy. He should be having more impact than Delonte West. Our offense hasn't really gotten any better. But the defense did get worse. Just a teribble trade.   

Look at the Bulls. Not a ton of talent. But they are a team. They play hard every night. They don't quit. Which is what the Celtics were in 08. Obviously, they were more talented than the current Bulls team. But they played  with fire and passion. That's gone now. The closest they come to that now is Garnett taking cheap shots at guys junk, like a punk.

Hopefully the Celtics prove me completely wrong. But I would be willing to bet money they don't.

There. I'm done rambling. I just had tro get that off my chest

Posted by df2

-

Man. I'm glad you got that off your chest.  I enjoyed the H E double hockey sticks out of it.

Your frustration is palpable, and your points are somewhat logical from a fan's perspective.

However, there are some things you have not taken into consideration:  it's a long regular season, and veteran athletics get frustrated too both with the long season and the Biz aspects of the game that lead to trading away your friend who always had your back: 

Ray is not a one-trick pony, but an integral part of the C's offense and when the offenses breaks down it makes Ray look bad, but he is is still the biggest hustler on the team for 36 minutes every game.  It's wrong to jump on Ray for this slump -- he is victim just like you and I.

Don't underestimate the role fatigue plays in this slump -- it's a huge factor.  Doc, Danny, no one ever thought Ray would be averaging 36 minutes per game at this point in the season.  All the guys have logged more minutes because of the injuries.  That's bad luck, an X-factor, no one can control.

It takes time to integrate new guys, yet I think Danny took that into consideration and picked intelligent guys who he thought could do it in time.  Now, time will tell.

Hang in there, fellow Celtic's fans, it a trying time, but let's give our guys a chance to right the ship and sail on home with a banner flying from the mainsail.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

We will not know until the play-offs whether the trade was a good one or a bad one.

Supporters were high on the trade when things were going well, and detractors show up now that things are not going well.

Many things can change for the play-offs.

1. One or both big men can return

2. Half court dominates over fast break

3. Referees call a looser game

4. Focus returns after a long drawn out regular season

5. More defense is played because of focus

6. There are no back to back games.

7. The Cs are built with veteran players that play their best in the play-offs

We may find that we will miss Perkins against some teams like the Lakers, however we will have to wait and see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

A near miracle, in my opinion, but heck, it happens - some here might remember the Giants and Superbowl XLII? 
    Posted by docomospur

Do you really have to remind us of this?  It was one of the worse losses in the recent history of Boston sports.  I am sure that many will never forget it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

There's always the '04 Red Sox.  That's a miracle most of here remember fondly.  And there are even some parallels between them and our current Celtics.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts