Barbosa- The Enigma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Barbosa- The Enigma

What I don't understand is how this guy has not been getting minutes all year long.  Especially when AB was out.  He has had a very good career so far.  He pushes the ball better than anyone on our team.  He is a scorer, plain and simple.  He finds ways to put it in the basket.  He doesn't settle for the outside shot.  He takes it to the rim.  Sometimes the shot doesn't go in, but the threat is there.  Numerous times when he misses his layup we have gotten the rebound and scored.  He works hard on defense.  I have been watching trying to find out why he wasn't in the rotation.  I haven't found out yet.  On top of all that,  he costs virtually nothing.  I would love to sign this guy to a 2 year contract.

He changes the game more often than not.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Barbosa- The Enigma

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

What I don't understand is how this guy has not been getting minutes all year long.  Especially when AB was out.  He has had a very good career so far.  He pushes the ball better than anyone on our team.  He is a scorer, plain and simple.  He finds ways to put it in the basket.  He doesn't settle for the outside shot.  He takes it to the rim.  Sometimes the shot doesn't go in, but the threat is there.  Numerous times when he misses his layup we have gotten the rebound and scored.  He works hard on defense.  I have been watching trying to find out why he wasn't in the rotation.  I haven't found out yet.  On top of all that,  he costs virtually nothing.  I would love to sign this guy to a 2 year contract.

He was put in the lineup as soon as he was signed... played great.. then Doc benched him.

I think the one knock on him sometimes is his Nateitis... shooting the ball too much at the wrong times.  Hes a good guy to have and has earned minutes imo... maybe we need 2 more guards to go down b4 Doc gets him real minutes... notice a pattern?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

He was put in the lineup as soon as he was signed... played great.. then Doc benched him.

I think the one knock on him sometimes is his Nateitis... shooting the ball too much at the wrong times.  Hes a good guy to have and has earned minutes imo... maybe we need 2 more guards to go down b4 Doc gets him real minutes... notice a pattern?

Yea I know he takes some ill advised shots.  I don't like him taking 3's,  but before I can start complaining it goes in, or he pushes it for a good shot for hiimself or someone else. Sometimes it seems like it takes a injury in order for guys to get time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Add to the growing list of players finding their groove in Rondo's absence. Hate bashing RR but the proof so far is in the pudding. When you're on the court and you KNOW you'll see the ball on the offenseive end, you're head is just naturally more into the game. It'll be interesting to see how this team plays over an extended road trip?

Kind of like playing with Kobe.  hmmm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc despite my high opinion of him, is rarely good integrating new players into the line-up.  One could argue he still has not done a good job with Terry and Green.  Bass on the other hand still is playing minutes and producing mostly turnovers.

One exception is his playing Collins who he went to say yesterday makes good things happen.   Of course I am blind to it, since he does to my eyes next to nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

He pushes the ball better than anyone on our team.  He is a scorer, plain and simple.  He finds ways to put it in the basket.

'cAUSE he's experienced ball player - simple and not afraid to bring it to the paint. As i predicted, he will emerge important guard after bradley-lee-terry...no doubt.

He was overlooked from the beginning because he went to many revolving door.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Doc despite my high opinion of him, is rarely good integrating new players into the line-up.  One could argue he still has not done a good job with Terry and Green.  Bass on the other hand still is playing minutes and producing mostly turnovers.

One exception is his playing Collins who he went to say yesterday makes good things happen.   Of course I am blind to it, since he does to my eyes next to nothing.

Collins to me played maybe his best game of the year yesterday.  Green and Terry have both been playing well for 4 games.  Green a little longer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Just a thought,  but I am going to pull a Kirk here and think about a lineup change.  What if Doc split up our 2 defensive guards and our 2 offensive guards with one of each in the lineup. If that were to happen I would want Barbosa to start instead of Terry. Barbosa would push the ball even if he was the only one running.  Eventually we would get more guys running. 

Of course this is just a little dreaming.  At this point with the way we are playing I wouldn't change a thing as far as a lineup.  Our bench has been tremendous in the scoring department.  Barbosa is a huge reason why.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

spot on. he brings some versatility to the offense. as long as he doesn't shoot too many 3s.

funny how "all of a sudden" these guys can produce once given the opportunity....but of course Doc's a brillant coach. not.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Just a thought,  but I am going to pull a Kirk here and think about a lineup change.  What if Doc split up our 2 defensive guards and our 2 offensive guards with one of each in the lineup. If that were to happen I would want Barbosa to start instead of Terry. Barbosa would push the ball even if he was the only one running.  Eventually we would get more guys running. 

Of course this is just a little dreaming.  At this point with the way we are playing I wouldn't change a thing as far as a lineup.  Our bench has been tremendous in the scoring department.  Barbosa is a huge reason why.

Actually Barbosa started 2 games this season.

He had problems guarding the bigger SGs.

I bet the bigger guards had a hard time keeping up with him as well.  I don't remember who he started against.  Do you?

If he was in fact starting,  he would be more of a point guard though. Either Bradley or Lee would be guarding the SG's

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

barbosa is no enigma- he's a simple equation- give him the right pace and the right ball touches and he'll score 15 a night in relatively limited minutes and fairly efficiently.

rondo's approach is antithetical to 1) the proper tempo for barbosa to thrive in and 2) rajon simply did not want to relinquish the ball in the half court set to anyone but someone on the perimeter and has often, especially in the last 2-3 years, ignored slashers.  so slashers stop slashing or keep running extra routes to accomodate rondo's path-of-most-resistance technique of self preservation in the half court offense.

or to put it brutally bluntly- if barbosa functioned well on the floor with rondo on the floor- people would flat out wonder aloud- "gee, why doesn't rondo do all of that stuff (slashing, scoring) for us, WE REALLY NEED IT right now- our core has aged and we need a new generation to STEP UP AND CARRY THINGS"

barbosa is really not much of an outside shooter, but in time has turned himself into a decent shooter- another thing that rondo should have finished accomplishing A LONG TIME AGO = another reason why you don't want a slasher to do all the things that rondo should be doing- if you're rondo.

now, once again, as it has been through the years, dock the crock ribbers is dragged kicking and screaming BY ROSTER ATTRITION into playing the best players in the most appropriate ways- with the exception that we need a PG and a big- that cannot be avoided.  but all the other pieces that failed under rondo are now coming to life.

it's a real shame that darko is not here for next to ZERO money to fill in the blanks at center.  another criminal act of incompetence that leaves us searching for a piece that we already had, in addition to finding some PG help

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"""Leandro Barbosa is no enigma- he's a simple equation- give him the right pace and the right ball touches and he'll score 15 a night in relatively limited minutes and fairly efficiently."""

""it's a real shame that darko is not here for next to ZERO money to fill in the blanks at center.  another criminal act of incompetence that leaves us searching for a piece that we already had, in addition to finding some PG help""

Darko would be golden at this point but he needed to go home and care for his mom! A Great thing to do! Too bad we lost him!

Leandro as I have said before..once he learns ths system is a very valuable player if he shares the ball.. he does now and will be a great part of season2

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

The Celtics are finally pushing the ball, and this works great for Barbosa.

Tommy has been right all along.

As much as he is a Homer  he knows basketball. Having met Tommy sveral times he was a great basketball mind. He was at our basketball camp every summer for two weeks a year and was great just to listen to him explain defense and offense philosophy.

Tommy was right, you were wrong, right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

As much as he is a Homer  he knows basketball. Having met Tommy sveral times he was a great basketball mind. He was at our basketball camp every summer for two weeks a year and was great just to listen to him explain defense and offense philosophy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Barbosa was a gunner coming in. Instant offense, but very eradic..kind of like little nate..

Needed to hone his skills to compliment the team concept..Now he is starting to run the offense and even dish out a few..Even made some in between j's..

This will make him even more dangerous as the lay ups are not always there.

Defense was very suspect coming in as well.

He could be a keeper....