Barcelona defeats Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers

In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : In 1978 Maccabi Tel Aviv beat the defending champs the Washington Bullets. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

That explains why I don't remember it. Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

[QUOTE]Pete Maravich was overrated too.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    You don't know Pete Maravich then.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]But, is it too early to equate Bynum's career with Sam Bowie's?
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

well, i dunno, might be too early yet, but he sure acted with all of the urgency of a BENOIT BENJAMIN in rushing to get his surgery done in the offseason...... after the offseason was over with.  :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : At least there not like the 2010-11 Celtics cause there even older!
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I don't think you want to go there. If you can't watch the Celtic games right now then you'll be in for a big surprise when you do see the Celtics play. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

If the end of the season started now, the Celts would win the chmpionship. Why worry about pre-season? We got an 82 game season to overcome. By the way, I finally got the "Magic & Bird" DVD and I came away appreciating both these awesome players. Although I hate the Celtics, I do love and respect Larry Bird. I even ordered the individual Bird DVD.

Now back to hating the dreaded Celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Barcelona defeats Lakers:
    [QUOTE]The Lakers played their starters and still lost. It was a good game as Barcelona won 92 to 88.    Rubio is over rated IMO. He was drafted in the top 5 by the Wolves in 2009. Some people were saying to the media that he's going to be the next Pete Maravich.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

DUDE, WHO ARE YOU , .....THIS IS A CELTICS BOARD...WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THE MAGGOT LAKERS!!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The international game is different and any NBA team would be at a dissadvantage.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

NBA rules were used in the Lakers vs. Barcelona game. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

Barcelona still have not beat our starting five.

Cool

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Barcelona still have not beat our starting five.  
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

If you're still waiting for your starting five to be complete then you might as well wait for the crow to turn white. Andrew Bynum is the next Sam Bowie, that's why. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : If you're still waiting for your starting five to be complete then you might as well wait for the crow to turn white. Andrew Bynum is the next Sam Bowie, that's why. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Why does the crow turn white in November?

What color will it be in February when Perk finally returns?

How many rings does Sam Bowie have?

What is the problem with Shaq's hips?

He had to sit out practice Saturday.

Said coach Doc Rivers: "Shaq - just his hips, that will be an issue on and off at times, we're prepared for that."

Phew!

Good thing you're prepared to have Perk and Shaq unavailable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : If you're still waiting for your starting five to be complete then you might as well wait for the crow to turn white. Andrew Bynum is the next Sam Bowie, that's why. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

We didn't burn a high draft pick on him though. Poor Sam. Forever to be known as the guy who was picked ahead of Michael Jordan.

It's been said before, it's pre-season. Nothing to get excited about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Why does the crow turn white in November? What color will it be in February when Perk finally returns? How many rings does Sam Bowie have? What is the problem with Shaq's hips? He had to sit out practice Saturday. Said coach Doc Rivers: "Shaq - just his hips, that will be an issue on and off at times, we're prepared for that." Phew! Good thing you're prepared to have Perk and Shaq unavailable.
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

You're right, the Celtics are prepared not having Shaq and Perk. JO is more than capable of manning the middle. And Semih Erden has showed that he belongs in the NBA. 

Can you say the same if the Lakers will not have Bynum for the rest of the playoffs? 

Shaq, KG, JO, Davis, Perk, and Erden versus Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Caracter, and Ratliff.

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : We didn't burn a high draft pick on him though. Poor Sam. Forever to be known as the guy who was picked ahead of Michael Jordan. It's been said before, it's pre-season. Nothing to get excited about.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Of course Laker fans are not excited right now. The Lakers are winless that's why. 

Bynum is injured again and Kobe is at 60%, why should the Laker fans get excited?

Ratliff, Caracter, Barnes, Vujacic, and Blake are not exciting the Laker fans.

How can you be excited when Odom grabs 18 rebounds and Gasol gets 25 points but the Lakers still lost. Not to mention that Odom played 41 minutes and Gasol logged 35 minutes. 

Preseason or not the Lakers are simply not exciting to watch right now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

The minutes for Odom and Pau were odd. Why play so much in a game that is ultimately meaningless. Unless big minutes were ordered because we were playing a game overseas and therefore representing the NBA brand? That may have something to do with it.

Even the regular season, it is improtant yes. But if we get 50 wins I'll be happy. Championships are not won in the pre-season or November/December. However they can be lost if a key player is injured. And as Key Player I don't mean Bynum. A Bryant or Pau for LA or Rondo, Garnett and Pierce for Boston.

To be honest I don't even care or follow the pre season, I'll look at the box scores and see if anyone is injured but that's about it. LA is just on a good will trip to Europe and making more money for the NBA. Would prefer that we stayed home and focused on NBA teams instead.

I'll be more excited when the games mean something.

I had a friend who got really excited about the T'Wolves having a huge pre season, forget when it was, but they didn't convert that form (if you can do such a thing) into regular season play. It's only there for players to get in shape in game situations. Nothing more. Except when you have to go overseas to spruke the NBA.

Although an overseas jaunt can bring sides together. That is the sole benefit from an overseas trip. Saw that with the Celtics in '08. Isolation can be an advantage, but that's the only time I can recall a team benefiting from going OS in the pre-season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

If you watched the game on ESPN it was pretty obvious that the Lakers wanted and tried to win that game. They couldn't. That's why Laker fans are not excited right now. Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : Of course Laker fans are not excited right now. The Lakers are winless that's why.  Bynum is injured again and Kobe is at 60%, why should the Laker fans get excited? Ratliff, Caracter, Barnes, Vujacic, and Blake are not exciting the Laker fans. How can you be excited when Odom grabs 18 rebounds and Gasol gets 25 points but the Lakers still lost. Not to mention that Odom played 41 minutes and Gasol logged 35 minutes.  Preseason or not the Lakers are simply not exciting to watch right now. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

So says an objective diehard C's fan.  For those who still don't get it:  the preseason in ANY sport means s h i t.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]If you watched the game on ESPN it was pretty obvious that the Lakers wanted and tried to win that game. They couldn't. That's why Laker fans are not excited right now. 
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

Mate, I couldn't be bothered watching the game.

I think this regular season will be long for both our teams, wish we could just fast forward the basketball to the playoffs already Tongue out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : So says an objective diehard C's fan.  For those who still don't get it:  the preseason in ANY sport means s h i t.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Aye. Only means something if you lose a player to injury.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : So says an objective diehard C's fan.  For those who still don't get it:  the preseason in ANY sport means s h i t.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

You're right, I'm a die hard Cs fan in a Boston Celtics forum. And you are a troll?