Barcelona defeats Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Barcelona defeats Lakers

The Lakers played their starters and still lost. It was a good game as Barcelona won 92 to 88.
       Rubio is over rated IMO. He was drafted in the top 5 by the Wolves in 2009. Some people were saying to the media that he's going to be the next Pete Maravich.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers

The Media are and always will be inane when it comes to labelling athletes. They should focus on him being the first Ricky Rubio. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

When was the last time the NBA champion lost to a foreign team in preseason? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers:
    When was the last time the NBA champion lost to a foreign team in preseason? 
    Posted by P34

To be fair, I dont remember a championship team playing a foreign team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : To be fair, I dont remember a championship team playing a foreign team.
    Posted by existentialparquet

In 1978 Maccabi Tel Aviv beat the defending champs the Washington Bullets. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Was the game played under 'international' rules? European teams do generally play a different type of game to that of NBA sides. It's not a surprise to see ambushes like this result in pre season games.

If Barcelona played us in December at Staples Centre we'd beat them.

Still not to take anything away from Barca, they played well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Pete Maravich was overrated too.
    Posted by Kirk6

Pistol Pete was a terrific player and is a hall of famer. He was a show off, but not over rated. I just checked his stats. He led the NBA in scoring in 1977 and averaged over 24 points per game during his career. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Was the game played under 'international' rules? European teams do generally play a different type of game to that of NBA sides. It's not a surprise to see ambushes like this result in pre season games. If Barcelona played us in December at Staples Centre we'd beat them. Still not to take anything away from Barca, they played well.
    Posted by RUWorthy

It's true that the Lakers will beat Barcelona most of the time. But it showed the Lakers have cracks that can't be fixed because the salary cap won't allow it. The Lakers of 2010-11 is looking like the Celtics of 2009-10, old and beat up. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

I'm not worried about the Lakers. They haven't had an opportunity to heal fully. Kobe wasn't even 30%. And Bynum didn't play at all. When a team is out-of-whack, trying to incorporate new players, irratic play is the outcome.

On the other hand, Barcelona has been playing for weeks, they are in mid-season  form. Even the announcers said that the Spanish team would be average in the NBA.

By the way, one huge mistake the lakers made during the off-season was to acquire Theo Ratliff. This guy is done, a complete slug. They should have  kept Mbenga.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Pete Maravich was overrated too.
    Posted by Kirk6

I guess he was overated in college also.  No telling what he would have averaged with a 3 pt line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : In 1978 Maccabi Tel Aviv beat the defending champs the Washington Bullets. 
    Posted by P34

Well I guess the Lakers are doomed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : It's true that the Lakers will beat Barcelona most of the time. But it showed the Lakers have cracks that can't be fixed because the salary cap won't allow it. The Lakers of 2010-11 is looking like the Celtics of 2009-10, old and beat up. 
    Posted by P34

I am not one to beat a dead horse, but Bynum is coming back from knee surgery, Kobe is coming back from surgery, and from what I've read it sounds as if the Lakers actually expect a contribution from Theo Ratliff -- like Theo is reliable at this point.  Not saying the Lakers won't be in the mix but these things can't be glossed over.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

The look on Kobe's face says it all. I'm sure they are concerned. Preseason or not, the World Champions shouldn't be 0-2 so far in my opinion.

Gasol played well of course. I loved the baseline spin move with the dunk and the foul.

Impressive to say the least.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the lakers looked awful.  gasol was very mechanical except for a few moves where he looked fluid and somewhat dominant.  amazingly, artest and odom looked the most together of that whole team. 

bynum is on Jupiter to have waited that long to have surgery and kobe has a ways to come back to be his old self- like a month or three.  how did the lakers let that "bynum wait" happen?

barcelona looked pretty tight, more like the lakers should have, even in the pre season.  except for rubio, who looked like a div 2a college point guard who had taken 62 bong hits before the start of the game.  terrible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Fisher 30 minutes, Gasol 35 minutes, and Odom 41 minutes played? Was it a do or die game for the Lakers?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

Excuse me, I don't wish to distrub you, but can anyone tell me where the Celtic's blog is?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I'm not worried about the Lakers. They haven't had an opportunity to heal fully. Kobe wasn't even 30%. And Bynum didn't play at all. When a team is out-of-whack, trying to incorporate new players, irratic play is the outcome. On the other hand, Barcelona has been playing for weeks, they are in mid-season  form. Even the announcers said that the Spanish team would be average in the NBA. By the way, one huge mistake the lakers made during the off-season was to acquire Theo Ratliff. This guy is done, a complete slug. They should have  kept Mbenga.
    Posted by rsalas67m

Gotta love lakers fans.
    koME is hurt
    Bynum is hurt
    Ratliff (who must play major mins) is a "slug"
    BUT...................
    they are not worried!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers :  The Lakers of 2010-11 is looking like the Celtics of 2009-10, old and beat up. 
    Posted by P34

At least there not like the 2010-11 Celtics cause there even older!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : At least there not like the 2010-11 Celtics cause there even older!
    Posted by RUMcHale

Lakers are the oldest team in the league, look it up!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

Wow!

The Lakers lost by 4 points to the home team after being up by double digits in the second half???

That should never happen.

I'm going to go check the record books to find out the last time that happened in a game that actually meant something.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Wow! The Lakers lost by 4 points to the home team after being up by double digits in the second half??? That should never happen. I'm going to go check the record books to find out the last time that happened in a game that actually meant something.
    Posted by CK57

Your attempt at humor isn't the slightest bit amusing!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

Who cares its Pre-Season. If the C's lost last night to the Nets I wouldnt give a crap either. Its PRE SEASON

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Excuse me, I don't wish to distrub you, but can anyone tell me where the Celtic's blog is?
    Posted by oldtimerceltfan

Good question.  This has no relevance here, even if one were to say that analyzing the Lakers is interesting (it isn't).  But, is it too early to equate Bynum's career with Sam Bowie's?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Barcelona defeats Lakers : I guess he was overated in college also.  No telling what he would have averaged with a 3 pt line.
    Posted by OneOnOne
    Pete Maravich was the original "44Killer" what did he average for his final college season 44.2 ppg or something like it,also it is said that Dale Brown charted every shot that Pistol took and with the currant 3 pt line of 19ft and 6 inches in college Pete would have averaged a remarkable 57 ppg!! Also for those who never saw the greatest shooter to ever touch a basketball in his first college game he scored 50 points grabbed 14 rebounds and still managed to get in 11 dimes...Yeah he sucked!!!! For his NBA career he only averaged 24 ppg and if the didn't spend all of his time trying too make the bums around him better players he could have easily averaged 35 ppg without even breaking a sweat!!! The consumate entertainer on the court and anyone who has never seen him play all I can say is it's your loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts