Barnes signs with Lakers for 3.6 mil for two years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Barnes signs with Lakers for 3.6 mil for two years

I hope Danny knows what he is doing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

Re: Barnes signs with Lakers for 3.6 mil for two years

Nice, Barnes and Ratliff in  the same day.  Guess Danny Boy going to have to swing for the fence soon. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from laker4eva. Show laker4eva's posts

If true, welcome Mr Barnes to the soon to be 3-peat champions!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

Doesn't matter if Danny knows what he is doing; we need people to WANT to come here.

Anyways; I'm not so sure on Barnes; 8 teams in 8 years; and the Magic weren't interested in retaining him.  He must carry some baggage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Not a bad pickup for the Lakers.  Barnes is a bit of a head case but he was one of the few Magic players to play with heart last year against the C's, albeit in  stretches. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah that 1 point he had and pathetic defense he played in half the game as the Magic dropped game 6 sure was heartfelt..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laker4eva. Show laker4eva's posts

In Response to Re: Barnes signs with Lakers for 3.6 mil for two years:
    Yeah that 1 point he had and pathetic defense he played in half the game as the Magic dropped game 6 sure was heartfelt..
    Posted by rameakap

And had he signed with Boston, he would have been great by your standards. Hard luck!   Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laker4eva. Show laker4eva's posts

The Lakers now look like this:

PG Derek Fisher
    SG Kobe Bryant
    SF Ron Artest
    PF Pau Gasol
    C Andrew Bynum

PG Steve Blake
    SG Sasha Vujacic
    SF Matt Barnes
    PF Lamar Odom
    C Theo Ratliff

SF Devin Ebanks
    PF Derrick Caracter

Wow.Bring it on Miami, Lakers in 5!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

Please, what is Danny Boy doing?  The Cs are taking from the back side.  Anything else?  Enjoy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

haha less than 24 hours ago he would have been c's biggest fa pickup now he's a punk scrub.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Posted by rameakap

What's up, Rame?

Can you tell me why TMAC would choose Da Bulls over the C's?

Korver, Deng, Murray, Brewer, Alexander!!  NO chance to start.

Ray, Pierce and Daniels.  Chance to be 6th man AND start while we rest RA and PP for the playoffs.  Chance to revamp his career..........I can see going to the Clips for the money.  But why not ask NYK if they will do a S & T for Sheed's contract?  At least they'll get something out of it, and TMAC can come to the only team that really makes sense for him (lakers are out now, I would think, with Barnes).

I'm interested in your thoughts on this!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to Barnes signs with Lakers for 3.6 mil for two years:
    I hope Danny knows what he is doing.
    Posted by concord27

He does.

It's the owners who are clueless. Danny wanted to completely rebuild in the summer of 2012, by being able to have 3 max contracts in 2012, like Miami. Now the Cs are worse for next season and when the slew of 2 year deals expires at the end of 2011-12, the team will be burdened with a $15mil/year deal for a 35 and 36 year old Paul Pierce.

Look on the bright side, the Cs re-signed Daniels for 1 year $2.4mil. Maybe Scal will come back.

Moral to the story, it doesn't matter how close you got to the title if you did it with an old team. Had the C's been in their prime or younger, I'd be all for holding them together. Not if they're old, however. The owners shamelessly raised season ticket prices for next season and wanted Pierce back at all costs.

I remembered a time when the Celtics were like the Patriots of today: all that mattered was winning championships.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from balticprince. Show balticprince's posts

I would be upset if we had signed Barnes. He is a little b*tch who cannot, and has never stopped, anyone on the Celts.
    Overrated whiner with bad hair and bad tats. A Cali Sally.
    Stan Van probably Kobe'd him (butt rape) on his way out.

In Response to Re: Barnes signs with Lakers for 3.6 mil for two years : All Boston could offer was the vet minimum--the Lakers had part of their MLE left from the Blake deal. The C's used the full MLE on JON. So, it was not the same as Boston offerred. Barnes will be in the forward depth chart, while Sasha is a guard. No conflict there. Actually, as it is a contract year for Sasha, he might perform better this coming season. That's what he did the last time he was playing for a contract. Talk down Barnes as much as you want. If the C's had got him, I bet you would be singing a different song.
    Posted by ControllerMod

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

not a fan of this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMan. Show MileHighMan's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNcIgrTTt7g

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

So the Lakers get Barnes & Ratliff for their bench?? They are going to be a very good defensive team...very good.

The C's get Daniels back...wow, is that going to be it!! That's what we waited for?? Booo!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Posted by rameakap

Rameakap

Barnes showed up more than Magic "stars" Lewis and Carter.  For a guy who made $1.8 mil last year, the effort was there.  Not saying he's the best thing ever, just a role player. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Barnes would of helped wherever he went... I have always thought his defense is overrated but he is taking Sashas minutes so thats a big upgrade. Ratliff replaces Powell in a lateral move.... Celtics give Marquis another shot. We need bodies and Marquis is better than he played last year. Maybe uncertainty with his role to start? He was never going to be a backup PG but Doc had visions of that. Our bench is good on paper with Nate, Marquis, Bradley, Glen, JO... Still need a vet minimum big guy, and as the season gets closer the Sheed contract becomes more valuable to teams looking to shed space and get under the luxury tax. TMac isnt going to come here. . . He isnt ready to just become a bit player on a contender. He thinks he can get back to all-star form and would like a chance to start and get major minutes. Unfortunatly not every player wants to be a part of a contender. Maybe in two seasons TMac will accept that as his role on a team but for now he is working out for teams with.... A) cap space to spare, B) uncertainty in a starting SG of SF spot

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Good pick up for the Lakers. Rich getting richer.

Feel sorry for (us). What else can I say?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IslandPriest. Show IslandPriest's posts

The rich gets richer eh Boston?  Barnes is a good pickup for the Lakers.  Just like Ron Ron i couldn't stand him before but now he is on my team then he will become one of my favorites.  LA has the best of both worlds one of the top teams in offense and will be a defensive juggernaut.  The offense will be led by the Joint Chief of Staff  Kobe Bryant and the defense by the Secretary of Defense Ron Ron.  The Commander In Chief Phil will lead the charge for a 3 Peat. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Did the C's have a choice?  It was a S&T which required both Barnes and Orlando comply.

Barnes is a good pick up.  Ratliff??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Both Barns and Ratliff are table crumbs. Barns was was exposed by the Celtics in last seasons play-offs that is why Orlando does not want him, and Ratliff is well... Ratliff.

Expect a better move than either one of these guys with Sheeds contract. Either Sheed comes back after playing Brett Farve, or they trade the contract for someone that can really help the team.

Danny and Doc are talented guys that will make the best move possible. Gratification is not always instantaneous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Danny and Doc are talented guys that will make the best move possible. Gratification is not always instantaneous.

Hopefully they do. Maybe they think Barnes does not fit.
    'If it doesn't fit, you must acquit'

Sections
Shortcuts