Bass, Bradley and the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Bass, Bradley and the Celtics

All of the sudden this is a live board. Shame on you **cough cough Fierce** for discarding the Celtics way before they even started. It proves that we all here can talk ball and our "knowledgeable" minds are not even that knowledgeable as we think!! right Fierce?? Only the pros know and the pros are playing basketball in the NBA... This is the second straight year you discard the Celtics. NOt fair for a fan!  Next time, cut them some slack!

I have to say that eventhough Bass was very frustrating to watch over the regular season, he has been outstanding in the playoffs. He has been very consistent. On the other side of the spectrum, Bradley has been very dissapointing. Could it be the result of taking Lee off the rotation?? Right now as it is, Terrence Williams is showing leadership/veteranship. Well deserved. Lets see if Bradley shows up in Game 6 because right now, Felton has been the difference maker in this series and Bradley is to blame for.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Bass, Bradley and the Celtics

Bradley has been playing poorly for awhile, even when Lee was playing for a lot of minutes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

neither would appear worth keeping in the long run- bass played 50% or more below his salary all season long- doc has gotten into his head, not in a good way.  with avery- what can you say?  three shoulder surgeries in a year were bound to change his abilities.  hard to tell whether he is still getting used to rehabbing from those serious surgeries or will be unable to toss the ball in the ocean permanently.

i think you'd get the best results out of him if he was not pretending to try to play point guard.  he's probably on the cheap for right now- keep him and pair him with a real PG next year and see what he does?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Bradley has been playing poorly for awhile, even when Lee was playing for a lot of minutes.

True, I guess he has hit rock bottom in this series!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

neither would appear worth keeping in the long run- bass played 50% or more below his salary all season long- doc has gotten into his head, not in a good way.  with avery- what can you say?  three shoulder surgeries in a year were bound to change his abilities.  hard to tell whether he is still getting used to rehabbing from those serious surgeries or will be unable to toss the ball in the ocean permanently.

i think you'd get the best results out of him if he was not pretending to try to play point guard.  he's probably on the cheap for right now- keep him and pair him with a real PG next year and see what he does?

I am not suggesting keeping Bass although I still believe he is a serviceable coming from the bench type of guy. Not a starter for sure. As for Avery, a total keeper and like you said, with Rondo at the point shouldnt be a problem. Next year though, I hope we have a true backup PG at least for the playoffs..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

If Rondo is healthy, we don't need a backup PG.  JT would do just fine for a few minutes a game when Rondo is resting.  Bradley will go back to SG and hopefully he gets back to his old self from about a year ago.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Bass still gives up on plays after the first effort. 

Bradley needs to put on his big boy pants stat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Yes, I forgot about Williams, in fact, he should be the backup PG and not JT.  Let JT plays mostly SG with Bradley and Lee.  Lee probably gets traded though, the writing is at least on the wall, he has been a big dissapointment.  He is a good all around player but boy he can't hit open outside shot, it seems he can only hit outside shot moving to the left after stopping, he can't catch and shoot stationary shot or going to the right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

AB, hard to tell what went wrong but hes had surgeries, hes very young and asked to handle the duties of PG ( not something for on the job training) while maintaining his defensive intensity...

I think its just too much for a young guy playing out of position to handle. We have more experienced guards on the team that handle the ball much better than AB and know the game better....  I think learning PG and dealing with the ball pressure (hes not a very good dribbler) also drained him and took away from his defense more than it would most.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

All of the sudden this is a live board. Shame on you **cough cough Fierce** for discarding the Celtics way before they even started. It proves that we all here can talk ball and our "knowledgeable" minds are not even that knowledgeable as we think!! right Fierce?? Only the pros know and the pros are playing basketball in the NBA... This is the second straight year you discard the Celtics. NOt fair for a fan!  Next time, cut them some slack!

I have to say that eventhough Bass was very frustrating to watch over the regular season, he has been outstanding in the playoffs. He has been very consistent. On the other side of the spectrum, Bradley has been very dissapointing. Could it be the result of taking Lee off the rotation?? Right now as it is, Terrence Williams is showing leadership/veteranship. Well deserved. Lets see if Bradley shows up in Game 6 because right now, Felton has been the difference maker in this series and Bradley is to blame for.

Well said but it will not make any impact on the fungus.. hes right no matter what and will pull out one of his posts to demonstrate.... I know he can do that cause he predicts both sides of everything....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

If Rondo is healthy, we don't need a backup PG.  JT would do just fine for a few minutes a game when Rondo is resting.  Bradley will go back to SG and hopefully he gets back to his old self from about a year ago.

Agree.  Hopefully Bradley will be better next season.  With the return of Rondo he should be a much better player next year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Bradley is turning out to be another Tony Allen.  Good defensively but not consistent enough outside shot required for a starting SG, especially when your PG doesn't have an outside shot either.  

We simply can't have a starting backcourt duo that can't shoot at a higher %, nor provide offensive spark from the 3, or keep an opposing D honest.  Oh, how I would love to have Curry, Lilliard, Irving, Wall, Parker or CP3 running our offense, so we could afford to keep Bradley.  

If the Celtics don't trade Rondo,  I would be very surprised if Bradley isn't packaged for a big man. Bass is an adequate backup PF.  He can be easily replaced and I couldn't care less if he is traded too or not.

I hope we move up in the draft to get McCollum (SG / with PG skills), which gives us some trade flexibility.