Bass contract/CBA question

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Bass contract/CBA question

In Response to Re: Bass contract/CBA question:
    In Response to Re: Bass contract/CBA question : Whatever. The point is Jeff Green's status does not hurt us at all in July 2012.
    Posted by Fiercest34

No?

I could think of some scenario's where having an extra 6 million in cap space could make or break the signing of someone important

But yes, we will still have enough under the cap to offer the one max deal for Howard and then once he spurs us we could get a restricted guy like McGee, Hickson or Thompson but only if we overpay.

I'd like to get Mayo

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

really employee?

It was obvious the Clips were ready to keep Jordan at any reasonable or even slightly overpaid offer.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

can someone explain to me why bass is "a keeper" when he has zero passing ability and guys run right by his ear for layups with regularity and somehow brandon can't turn his head and get to the ball?

i mean the coming of brandon bass is the END of the switch help defense trick system that enabled us to over-achieve defensively.  this guy can't even help off of his man for a nano second because he's got NO peripheral vision A/K/A FLOOR VISION a/k/a basketball IQ.

for straight ahead bursts at the basket on offense, brandon is okay.  unless he is covered by a guy taller than he is.  then you are looking at a turnover or a horrifically bad shot.  NO PASSING fromt his dude at all.  and that's a "keeper"

he managed to keep himself out of the future of all the teams he's played for so far and there's a reason for that.....

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well here is my 'dream' scenario:

1.) We make a draft day trade for OJ Mayo... both our 1st rd picks (in the 20's) Johnson Moore and Avery.

We then give him the qualifying offer of 7.3 million... freezing him on our cap at that number.

2.) We have Jeff Green decide to play for 1 year at the 5.9m QO of this past summer

3.) Bass picks up his 4m option with the plan being to start and build up a value of 8-10 million per year over the likely MLE value he hold right now.

We have 13 million in cap space at this point. You go after McGee, Omer Asik and Jason Thompson IMO. Two guys you'd have to overpay for but who can run, finish at the rim, defend guys like Bosh, Chandler and Noah and play Center.

I say we get Thompson (off to a bad start and not starting) for less than the 4 years 42 million LA gave to Jordan. Like 4/3o best case or 4/40 worst case. That would leave us about 5-7 million in cap space.

4.) Use the 5-7 million in space to sign either a backup Center (Robin Lopez, Camby, Nazr Mohommad, Turiaf, Kaman) or a backup PG (Hinrich, Nash, Billups, Kidd)

5.) Use the mini-MLE to fill the other backup spot

6.) Get KG and Ray to split the MLE

Rotation example:

C - Thompson (28m) Camby (12m) KG (8m)
    PF - Bass (28m) KG (12m) Green (8m)
    SF - Green (20m) Pierce (28m)
    SG - Mayo (28m) Ray (20m)
    PG - Rondo (32m) Hinrich (16m)

The only guys under contract after 2014 are Rondo at 13 million, Mayo at like 11 and Thompson at like 8. We keep Green if he is back to full health at around 9m and then have max money to offer the summer of 2014 free agent class.

Hopefully by then CP3's knee has fallen apart and Blake would want to play with Rondo:-)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Kings don't really like Thompson b/c they signed Hayes. They can't/won't keep both him and Hickson.

The Bulls can't match any offer over 4-6 million per year for Asik b/c its essentially double when they are paying the tax and he's still behind Noah on the depth chart.

I see the Wiz matching an offer in the same area as DeAndre Jordan for McGee

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I just plugged in JON/Avery/Sasha for Robin Lopez and Childress on the trade machine and Hollinger says it increases our wins by 20 and decreses Phoenix's by 28.

HA!

I would LOVE to make that trade, amnesty Childress after the season, save Phoenix 21 million, and get them to swap 1st rd picks with us (make theirs top 5 protected) and end up with pick 7-13.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: Bass contract/CBA question:
    In Response to Re: Bass contract/CBA question : You doubt they were working on a deal? Call Michael you doubting Thomas! They lost that deal cause GS got desperate for a center when they lost Jordan and overpaid for Brown. Your a dick ... grow up little school girl.
    Posted by Mployee8

That's why this board is infested with trolls and out of control. The mods are tolerating behavior like that. 

Sections
Shortcuts