Bass for Redick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Bass for Redick?

Well BBD just broke his foot and is out for the season. That tells me Ainge is probably on the phone right now trying to get Redick for Bass and it may be very easy.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Bass for Redick?

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Well BBD just broke his foot and is out for the season. That tells me Ainge is probably on the phone right now trying to get Redick for Bass and it may be very easy.

I already made that trade proposal earlier.

Bass and a 1st round pick for Redick.

That stinks for BBD. He was having a good year.

I wouldnt give up a first round pick for Reddick. It isn't like he would put this team over the hump or anything.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You do have a point about dumping that contract.

The celtics would have to pick up another big somewhere too though, as mediocre as Bass is he still eats needed minutes up front.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

bass played well last night. and if sully is going to be in and out...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

38 minutes and only 4 rebounds for Bass last night. Didn't really play well IMO.

4 boards in 38 minutes is pathetic.  Green had 1 board in 21 minutes.

Wilcox grabbed 5 in 17 minutes. so he had the same amount of boards in 17 as Green and Bass did combined in 59 minutes of play.

ugly.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think this is more of a philosophy with Doc' s system..He wants his players to run back so that we don't get beat in transition..But I agree those rebound #'s are pathetic. But we did a good job as a team...That's the real story..

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

I think this is more of a philosophy with Doc' s system..He wants his players to run back so that we don't get beat in transition..But I agree those rebound #'s are pathetic. But we did a good job as a team...That's the real story..

Celts had a 22-14 rebounding advantage at halftime. At the end of the game, the Celts lost the rebounding battle 38-39.

I would love a Bass for Reddick swap as we need a shooter but it still does not solve our need for a Big Man and, Bass, still not a terrific rebounder was our next big guy after KG.

Fierce just your example of 22-14 ending 38-39 in rebounds is evidence we still need a solid rebounder. I'm happy we won last night but the main reason was we shot 53% to their 39%. Can we shoot 50% every night and not worry about the rebound battle...NO !!! Key is to be 5-10+ rebounds so we can win shooting 40-45%.

In a 7 game series, unfortunately, I feel the Lakers would beat us even if Rondo had not gotten injured.  LA has won every game against us, I think(haven't verified this) since game 6 of finals 2 years ago. And why did they beat us---discount the egregious difference in foul shots game 7 with 41 to 18 and just 21 in the 4th Qtr when we had a 13 pt lead in the 3rd---they always won the rebound battle & the baskets that Bynum & Gasol didn't make in the post, they passed out to their mediocre shooters, except for Kobe, and the 2nd chance points were the difference.

Lakers really looked good the last few nights and last night too until the 4th Qtr when Howard got hurt and , if he didn't, I think that LA would beat us as Howard & Gasol as did Bynum & Gasol would dominate the paint & get 10+ rebounds per game . We'd only have a chance creating turnovers, their not hitting their foul shots & shooting 5-10% better than they.

Obviously this is a moot topic as it's not going to happen but it's maybe a less painful way to realize that LA might be stronger than us in the coming days if Howard is not done for the season and we don't get a big man which I feel is  more important than getting Reddick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

38 minutes and only 4 rebounds for Bass last night. Didn't really play well IMO.

Wilcox grabbed 5 in 17 minutes. so he had the same amount of boards in 17 as Green and Bass did combined in 59 minutes of play.

ugly.

I like Wilcox but we still need someone else.  No one really knows what Danny will do but we definitely still need another big man. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Celts had a 22-14 rebounding advantage at halftime. At the end of the game, the Celts lost the rebounding battle 38-39.

I would love a Bass for Reddick swap as we need a shooter but it still does not solve our need for a Big Man and, Bass, still not a terrific rebounder was our next big guy after KG.

Fierce just your example of 22-14 ending 38-39 in rebounds is evidence we still need a solid rebounder. I'm happy we won last night but the main reason was we shot 53% to their 39%. Can we shoot 50% every night and not worry about the rebound battle...NO !!! Key is to be 5-10+ rebounds so we can win shooting 40-45%.

In a 7 game series, unfortunately, I feel the Lakers would beat us even if Rondo had not gotten injured.  LA has won every game against us, I think(haven't verified this) since game 6 of finals 2 years ago. And why did they beat us---discount the egregious difference in foul shots game 7 with 41 to 18 and just 21 in the 4th Qtr when we had a 13 pt lead in the 3rd---they always won the rebound battle & the baskets that Bynum & Gasol didn't make in the post, they passed out to their mediocre shooters, except for Kobe, and the 2nd chance points were the difference.

Lakers really looked good the last few nights and last night too until the 4th Qtr when Howard got hurt and , if he didn't, I think that LA would beat us as Howard & Gasol as did Bynum & Gasol would dominate the paint & get 10+ rebounds per game . We'd only have a chance creating turnovers, their not hitting their foul shots & shooting 5-10% better than they.

Obviously this is a moot topic as it's not going to happen but it's maybe a less painful way to realize that LA might be stronger than us in the coming days if Howard is not done for the season and we don't get a big man which I feel is  more important than getting Reddick.

Even though the Lakers are playing better they aren't going to win their game against the Celtics in Boston.  I would be very surprised if this happened. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The advantage Redick is he can be a part of the new generation of Celtic players that will contend in the near future. He's only 28 years old, so the Celtics can give him a 4-year contract extension after this season.

I would not overpay for Redick.  If he is on sale yes, if they will take Bass or Terry off our hands yes, the answer is no if we have to give a pick when we still don't know where we are drafting. Ten more games and see how we have done then maybe we can revisit it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

ugly.

I like Wilcox but we still need someone else.  No one really knows what Danny will do but we definitely still need another big man. 

I would still like to get DeMarcus Cousins and unload Bass and  maybe Terry and a draft pick if they bite. Naturally, I'd like a shooter like Reddick but w/o knowing if Melo is going to develop, it's more importan we get a big man to relieve & play along KG. And then Wilcox & Sully, although PFs, still are good rebounders.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I would snap up a shooter like Reddick, and then try to move the heavens and get a Cousins like big for pierce, KG, and/or anyone not named rondo, AB, Sully, or reddick.  I think with Rondo, AB, reddick, Sully, cousins we would have a great young core going forward. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

ugly.

I would still like to get DeMarcus Cousins and unload Bass and  maybe Terry and a draft pick if they bite. Naturally, I'd like a shooter like Reddick but w/o knowing if Melo is going to develop, it's more importan we get a big man to relieve & play along KG. And then Wilcox & Sully, although PFs, still are good rebounders.

BAss and Terry will bring nothing at all.  To get Cousins you will have to send Sullinger, Bradley, Green, Melo, and draft picks and it stlll might not be enough. By the way Cousins did not look very good last night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Some weak sauce here.

1.) is older than Bass, so saying one would be viewed as part of the future core, based on being 28 years old, and the other isn't, despite being 27, is clueless.

2.) Redick will require a contract LARGER than the 2 years 14 million Bass is owed, its not a salary dump situation either, its not like Redick's expiting gives us cap space, we have to extend him... otherwise he's just a rental, and extending him takes up MORE space.

3.) I can see why the Magic would wouldn't want to lose Redick for nothing... but Baby's injury has no impact on possible trades. They are a rebuilding lotto club who is probably secretely happy they just became less competitive. Baby is signed for 3 more years and is part of their future, Nicholson is a promising rookie. Why take Bass to be 3rd string PF? A lotto protected pick isn't worth paying a 3rd stringer 14 million.

The only deal that makes sense is Lee for Redick, which anyone would have done a month ago, but which is a real 50-50 call now. The Magic already had (and really liked ) Lee as a rookie. They would probably rather have him for 3/15 then have to pay Redick 4/30. Wouldn't Danny think the same?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics need to find a way to swap Bass and Terry, two guys worth very little,  unless we take on even worse $, for a big and a guard who is either a superior ballhandler/distributor than Terry (meaning Lee/Avery/Leandro take larger scoring roles) or a guard who is a better scorer than Terry (meaning those 3 need to share PG and protect the ball) .

Bass is performing at half his value, he looks ok at age 27 being paid 3-4 million, but not 6. Terry is performing at 75% his value and his deal is one year too long. To me that means those two guys are valued at about 14 million over the next 1-2 years and being paid 24 million. What can make up for taking on 10 million more than you'd like? 5 of it in 2014-15? Melo and our 1st rd pick may not be enough.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

plus they already had Bass,  why would they want to take him back.  They know him just as well as we do.  No way they trade JJ to us for Bass.  I don't think a pick with Bass would do it either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

The Celtics need to find a way to swap Bass and Terry, two guys worth very little,  unless we take on even worse $, for a big and a guard who is either a superior ballhandler/distributor than Terry (meaning Lee/Avery/Leandro take larger scoring roles) or a guard who is a better scorer than Terry (meaning those 3 need to share PG and protect the ball) .

Bass is performing at half his value, he looks ok at age 27 being paid 3-4 million, but not 6. Terry is performing at 75% his value and his deal is one year too long. To me that means those two guys are valued at about 14 million over the next 1-2 years and being paid 24 million. What can make up for taking on 10 million more than you'd like? 5 of it in 2014-15? Melo and our 1st rd pick may not be enough.

Perfect analysis.  Lee looks a lot better at half the price.  Plus Bass and Terry are really bad deals.  I guess a future deal should take into consideration a team who could take these guys off our hands.  Highly unlikely though.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts