Bass for Redick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Bass for Redick?

Hahaha what a loser you are Fierce, actually thinking you're clever for calling someone out for saying '14' instead of '13.35' you seriously have no life. I pity you.

Redick will be 29 in a few months, he is no more considered part of a 'young core' for the future than the younger Bass is. Bass has lost none of his athletic skills from 1-3 years ago and will should be the same player at 29-30, when his contract is up, as he is now. He just was never that good to begin with. 

Redick is barely better than Lee and no, paying him 8 million per year over 4 years could easily be worse than paying the younger Lee 4/20. There isn't room for both of them. All my points were honest obvious observations and facts. Bass and a 1st rd pick for Redick is one-sided and Orlando would have little interest in that move.

Unless a 3rd team would be involved or the Celtics find a way to also move Lee or Terry for a big, the move makes zero sense.

The beginning of my name rhymes with RAM btw, even your childish attempts at humor come up empty.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Id rather have Monta Ellis

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I would trade either Bass or Terry for Reddick and I'd throw in the #1 pick too

Reddick is an impact player , Bass is not and Terry no longer is.

Reddick is just flat out better than both of them and would be a real weapon for the Celtics. He's make KG and Pierce look a little younger too with all the heat he would draw away from them.....

Getting Okafor and Reddick would put the Celtics back in the Finals conversation this season and next.

Just my opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

orlando wouldn't make that trade.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I said Redick is barely better than Lee.... not playing better this season, man you are pathetic

Career:

Redick: 9.2p - .433 FG .401 3FG 1.8r 1.9a

Lee: 9.6p - .441 FG .386 3FG 2.7r 1.4a

One guy is finally being played like a starter the first time in his career b/c his team is awful and lotto bound (and its a contract year). The other guy is playing the fewest mins in 3 of his 4 seasons b/c his team is deep and is in a new city where he admitted to not gelling well w the PG.

Really Fierce, you want to pay the OLDER Redick 60% MORE than Lee, for one more year, b/c he outplayed him for a few months?

and you think the Magic, with Harrington, Baby and Nicholson want anything to do with Bass just b/c we offer a pick in the 17-21 range??

Sorry, a far worse trade idea than going after Oak, a guy who actually fills a need, not a 5th starting quality good but not great guard.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

I said Redick is barely better than Lee.... not playing better this season, man you are pathetic

Career:

One guy is finally being played like a starter the first time in his career b/c his team is awful and lotto bound (and its a contract year). The other guy is playing the fewest mins in 3 of his 4 seasons b/c his team is deep and is in a new city where he admitted to not gelling well w the PG.

Really Fierce, you want to pay the OLDER Redick 60% MORE than Lee, for one more year, b/c he outplayed him for a few months?

and you think the Magic, with Harrington, Baby and Nicholson want anything to do with Bass just b/c we offer a pick in the 17-21 range??

Sorry, a far worse trade idea than going after Oak, a guy who actually fills a need, not a 5th starting quality good but not great guard.

Like I said, Bass would have to go to a 3rd team. Why are you not paying attention?

Redick is a shooter, a pure shooter. He will last longer than Lee because he doesn't get beat up as much by driving to the basket like what Lee does.

The reason why Redick is more expensive is because he's a shooter. There are very few pure shooters in the league.

Right now the Celtics have to wait and see what happens over then next few games. If they continue to play well, you would have to think twice about getting rid of Lee.  If  we see the same  issues that hindered Lee in the backcourt earlier we could consider the trade.  Redick is limited player, agreed he is a great three point shooter but he at least to my eye has never shown he is that much better than Lee. Lee by the way was brought here for his three point shooting. Which I will admit has not been good. He is a ten times better athlete than Redick. Considering the style of play the Celtics may employ from here on in we need to keep Lee as crucial to it.

He may end up hitting threes too.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

Career:

Like I said, Bass would have to go to a 3rd team. Why are you not paying attention?

Redick is a shooter, a pure shooter. He will last longer than Lee because he doesn't get beat up as much by driving to the basket like what Lee does.

The reason why Redick is more expensive is because he's a shooter. There are very few pure shooters in the league.

Right now the Celtics have to wait and see what happens over then next few games. If they continue to play well, you would have to think twice about getting rid of Lee.  If  we see the same  issues that hindered Lee in the backcourt earlier we could consider the trade.  Redick is limited player, agreed he is a great three point shooter but he at least to my eye has never shown he is that much better than Lee. Lee by the way was brought here for his three point shooting. Which I will admit has not been good. He is a ten times better athlete than Redick. Considering the style of play the Celtics may employ from here on in we need to keep Lee as crucial to it.

He may end up hitting threes too.

Right now there's no way the Celts can trade Lee. He's the PG right now. It's not Bradley who's playing PG. So the only tradable player is Bass.

You are right and nobody is going to want him.  Bass needs to be rehabilitated in the next two weeks.  It will be hard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

orlando wouldn't make that trade.

If the Celtics can't get Redick then it's just going to be an 8th seed and a 1st round exit.

This current Celts team is just a playoff team, not a contender. Ainge better make a move.

I agree with you that Ainge needs to make a couple of small trades to improve the team.  Although, I am not sure who will be traded. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think you guys are all dreaming....

Reddick not being let go for garbage.... hes a good player and can shoot lights out.. why would the Magic ever consider letting him go for Bass?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I think you guys are all dreaming....

Reddick not being let go for garbage.... hes a good player and can shoot lights out.. why would the Magic ever consider letting him go for Bass?

You're missing the point. The Magic won't let Redick go for just Bass, a 1st round pick is included. Right now that 1st round pick is the 15th pick. And Bass will not go to Orlando, another team takes Bass in a 3-team deal.

Maybe it won't happen, but like you said, Redick shoots lights out. He's someone the Celts desperately need because right now the Celts are just 28th in the league in 3pt shooting.

I may be stupid but as much as the three point shooting is pathetic we need a big man a lot more.  They need to address that especially if the Celtics show they can continue to win games.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Reddick and Speights  would be ok with me..

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

After looking at Orlando's roster, they have plenty of PFs. Harrington, Roberts, BBD, Nicholson.

Courtney Lee for Redick straight up may work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

After looking at Orlando's roster, they have plenty of PFs. Harrington, Roberts, BBD, Nicholson.

Courtney Lee for Redick straight up may work.

Like I said... clearly NOT Bass.. and Redick is BARELY better than Lee

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

We need another 2 like we need a hole in the head, and we need bigs.  This makes no sense.

We have shooters, they just need to hit their shots.  The same funk would follow jj here.  It's called pressure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

While Reddick would help with our pathetic 3 point shooting, with Sullinger now gone for the season, our awful rebounding is more of an issue. Is there any way to pry Tiago Splitter (6'11" and 240) from the Spurs?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts