Bass, Lee, and 1st rounder

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Re: Bass, Lee, and 1st rounder

too good to be true

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

And, I'd get to be right for once.....LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Thats a good deal. And it being NEXT years clippers pick too is good.   

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2. Celts get a starting Center.

[/QUOTE]

I know you must be thrilled...but explain the starting Center for a guy that averages like 5 5 .. I still cant find what the hype is all about..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i hate giving up picks, but i won't cry over losing bass or lee. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I thought we were trying to get picks.  Those two guys should be enough for  Ace Asik

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought we were trying to get picks.  Those two guys should be enough for  Ace Asik

[/QUOTE]

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

well, you get picks to be used to acquire assets. this is doing just that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Asik is a solid young center at a  postion of major need for the celtics. Its worth bass and lee who are both redundant and older players for us, and a late 1st rd pick is not that big of a loss.   We are getting a legit starting center who avgd a double double last year.  His advanced stats are very impressive. (rebounding and defense stats)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FL33178. Show FL33178's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Asik is a solid young center at a  postion of major need for the celtics. Its worth bass and lee who are both redundant and older players for us, and a late 1st rd pick is not that big of a loss.   We are getting a legit starting center who avgd a double double last year.  His advanced stats are very impressive. (rebounding and defense stats)

[/QUOTE]

+1

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Are you being sarcastic?  He was the mouth for tanking ... Only a few of us advocated adding a few pieces to improve this team.

[/QUOTE]

A team with Sully at C and Bass at PF is a waste of time!

DUH!

[/QUOTE]

Hey but he is right. You initially said DA was going to trade to tank and now you say this is a starting center and the next big white mamba that will take us to a championship..so, where do you stand??? tank, not tank or in between??

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Ok, let's say that Danny does fleece the Rockets and sends them ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (assuming it's the pick from the Clips) to get Assick.  Where do we go from here?

• PG Rondo
    • SG Bradley
    • SF Green
    • PF Sully
    • C Make an Assick out of Houston

That's a young starting five with plus defense.  And it's no tank show.  So you can throw away any thoughts of Wiggins, Parker et al. 

• Is the next step to trade Rondo?  Is SAC for real?  Are we still interested in draft picks + McLemore + IT2 for Rondo?  AWFUL tempting.
    • What about Detroit?  Does this mean that I need to stop dreaming about Monroe and Jennings?
    • Is Hayward still in play?  What about Deandre Jordan?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I am having second thoughts and I'll tell you why.  I am not convinced that our overall defense will get better.  Definitely don't anticipate Asik being much of an offensive factor.

Bass is the only player who has the foot speed and strength to defend both Melo and Lebron.  As a matter of fact, he can defend most FORWARDS in the NBA (PF and SF).  Sully at the PF would get exposed defensively against these players unlike Bass.  Then you lose the defensive ability of Lee on the perimeter and replace that with, who, Marshon Brooks?

It would be nice to have that defensive presence in the middle that Asik brings but we'd be compromising our team defense and that might make obtaining Asik negligible.

To me, bringing in Asik is not about offense whatsoever.  It's all about our defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I don't know how anyone can't like this.  Asik is young, big, defensively gifted.  Guys like him don't just come along everyday.  Bass is decent, but we have 4 power forwards and no true centers ( No disrespect to Fav.)  He only makes 8.4 a year (next year's bonus does not count agaisnt the books) so losing the roughly 10 that lee and bass make benefits us monetarily, and who cares if we lose the clipper pick?  Keep Rondo, we still have a lot of picks over the next few years, and we can invest in free agency next year, not sure on who yet.  I don't see a downside, since tanking won't work, there are just too many horrible teams at this point to crack the top 6 or 8, which I did not see coming.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I don't like this trade at all.

I would rather keep the pick.

Asik is not that good.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bass is the only player who has the foot speed and strength to defend both Melo and Lebron.  As a matter of fact, he can defend most FORWARDS in the NBA (PF and SF).  

[/QUOTE]

true!..a fair share of Bass and Green on these guys has worked this year.